2018 VFL season

Remove this Banner Ad

1992edfl2012

Senior List
May 25, 2012
northen subs
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Anyone been paying attention to the VFL signings to this point?

Is there a team "winning" the silly season so far?

When does the fixture come out?

Geelong have killed it so far. Kiel from NB, Gore from Adelaide, Keras who won the NEAFL BnF and Sam Siggins.

Willy have signed Rodda, Tom Clurey (* you Obi fella), and Lachie George

Casey have gained Corey Wagner and Tom Couch, whilst Mitch White and Colin Garland have gone from the AFL list to VFL

Essendon are winning in that most of their key personnel seem to be staying on (Boyse, Hind, Heppell, Ferry) except for the captain, who essentially gets replaced by Heath Hocking. Sam Hooper coming back from a knee reco is helpful.

Werribee are going to get Collins barring disaster.

Angus Monfries rejected an offer to play for Essendon to play for Footscray.

Jesse Palmer will be at Preston next year.

Anybody know if channel 7 will be broadcasting this season??

I assumed "later this week" would have been either today or tomorrow at the latest. Get us hooked, you need to deliver.

Anyways I know Essendon will be playing Frankston. I'd like Coburg to start with Sandringham.

Essendon wish lists:

2 games vs Richmond (always happens anyway), Collingwood (double the free entry), Williamstown (just to see where we're at), Preston (We never seem to get them twice)

Other 5 home games: Sandringham, Coburg, Port Melbourne, Casey, Werribee
Other 5 away games: Frankston, North Melbourne, Geelong, Footscray, Box Hill

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No dreamtime VFL curtain raiser at Punt Road in 2018, something tells me this might be a VFLW curtain raiser instead between Rich and Ess.
Yep, that was my thought as well.

Disappointed Essendon only have 7 games at WH next year, given we're going to Cragieburn along with the 10 away games. Surely the common sense thing to do would be:

Move Sandy vs Essendon from Trevor Barker to Windy Hill
Move Coburg vs Sandy from Coburg City Oval to Trevor Barker

That way all clubs get a 9/9 split, Essendon get to play Sandringham at home for the first time in about 4-5 years IIRC and everybody is happy?

Yep, that was my thought as well.

Disappointed Essendon only have 7 games at WH next year, given we're going to Cragieburn along with the 10 away games. Surely the common sense thing to do would be:

Move Sandy vs Essendon from Trevor Barker to Windy Hill
Move Coburg vs Sandy from Coburg City Oval to Trevor Barker

That way all clubs get a 9/9 split, Essendon get to play Sandringham at home for the first time in about 4-5 years IIRC and everybody is happy?
Going by the VFL website they have given the standalone clubs ie: werr, pm, willy, frank, cob 10 home games so they can make some cash.

Hopefully the VFLW is on before dreamtime or its a decent pub session.

Going by the VFL website they have given the standalone clubs ie: werr, pm, willy, frank, cob 10 home games so they can make some cash.

Hopefully the VFLW is on before dreamtime or its a decent pub session.
Makes sense.

How about them scheduling Essendon and Footscray at 7 PM on Dreamtime Night? :drunk:

Makes sense.

How about them scheduling Essendon and Footscray at 7 PM on Dreamtime Night? :drunk:
LOL they have too.

Perfect opportunity missed i reckon by the VFL, could've scheduled a double header leading into the night game, VFLW at 12pm then the VFL at 3pm which would leave some time for the punters to grab a bite to eat before heading to the G to see the tigers complete the hat-trick of wins for the day. ;):D

LOL they have too.

Perfect opportunity missed i reckon by the VFL, could've scheduled a double header leading into the night game, VFLW at 12pm then the VFL at 3pm which would leave some time for the punters to grab a bite to eat before heading to the G to see the tigers complete the hat-trick of wins for the day. ;):D
We've pissed off someone high up in AFL Vic, we have 4 VFL/AFL clashes (5 if you include a game at the Gabba).

I liked it when we had VFL at midday and then we could have a nice long session at the London then go Dreamtime

Plus Werribee sewer club getting north Hom games there
Um, that's probably because Arden Street won't be ready to host games for a while. Calling them a sewer club is just bitter when they've been affiliated with North (against their own wishes) for a while now.

Confirmed practice matches:

Unsure about others unfortunately
Funny how I started talking about this and the VFL goes and puts up the schedule a day later:

http://vfl.com.au/2018-practice-match-schedule/

Games that will be interesting to see the result of IMO:

Casey vs Willy
Casey vs Port
North vs Willy
Footscray vs Essendon

Those games have the main teams I see challenging next year, along with Richmond (who don't really have any major threats in their games).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back