Oppo Camp Opposition supporters say the strangest things

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually 1933 should be included and 1995 taken out.

So the dates in bold were premiership years for them - 6 out of 8. A finals victory over Geelong historically augurs very well for them.

Perhaps more to the point is that their Finals 8-2 record over Geelong actually goes back to 1921 lol

So 1921; 1931; 1934; 1967; 1969; 1980; 1995; 2017.

Doesn't look so great now.

Don't understand Partridge?

Geelong -v- Richmond in finals
Semi-Final 2 Richmond by 33
Grand Final Geelong by 20

Preliminary Final Geelong by 89

EDIT: I understand what you mean now, I'll edit my post to make it clearer.

Opposition fans nuffies not only say the strangest things, they DO the strangest things

26903927_402280230210102_119037225102512598_n.jpg

26220292_398701843901274_2202884633536347720_o.jpg

26173061_398693510568774_745990272208217518_o.jpg

26169420_398673853904073_4144337579989657258_n.jpg

^^^ If only Dustin (Dusty) Martin would leave to play for another team!
Horrible tattoo must had been a backyard job

Even I can draw better than that

Its preseason and not much going on.. cruising around the site...

GCS poster talking about different jumpers....

And he suggested and option for a Heritage jumper.....:drunk:

Heritage ... what ******* heritage... the "s" bend on a dunny?

Spare me minnows.

GO Catters

Talk about desperation. :oops:

A response to Bomber's arrest.

Cats long LINE of success now under question , has to be .

Come on Robbo you s**t truck .......

Talk about desperation. :oops:

A response to Bomber's arrest.

Was in Melbourne recently and had a lunch with a few footy loving people - my nephew and some of his friends. Bomber news had just broken and all of them thought Dank had worked full time at the Cattery with Robinson in the same set up as at the Bombers - none realised Robinson reported to the Club doctor and only communicated with Dank by phone. Similarly none knew that ASADA had been thru us like a dose of salts in 2007 as a result of our turnaround.
All were very firm in their belief that our era was tainted though :)

Was in Melbourne recently and had a lunch with a few footy loving people - my nephew and some of his friends. Bomber news had just broken and all of them thought Dank had worked full time at the Cattery with Robinson in the same set up as at the Bombers - none realised Robinson reported to the Club doctor and only communicated with Dank by phone. Similarly none knew that ASADA had been thru us like a dose of salts in 2007 as a result of our turnaround.
opposition supporters who think our dynasty was tainted have taken our success hard. It's why it always brings a smile to my face when I read those types of responses.

It was actually Paul Haines who was in charge at Geelong with Robinson playing second fiddle. Dank was never employed by the club.

Both reported to Neil Balme.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

opposition supporters who think our dynasty was tainted have taken our success hard. It's why it always brings a smile to my face when I read those types of responses.

It was actually Paul Haines who was in charge at Geelong with Robinson playing second fiddle. Dank was never employed by the club.

Both reported to Neil Balme.
I was baiting some of my Tiger supporting mates about this saying that Balme was in charge and that the Tigers would be investigated and have this years flag taken off them because of how they went from s**t to flag, they mentioned Dank and I kept telling them it is Balme who is the ring leader with it.

Make Richmond fans fire up a bit more by making them play at KP lol

Birth of a new rivalry? :rolleyes:

Because they beat Geelong for the first time in 16 years?

This was their history -v- Geelong, prior to 2017:

14 TERRIBLE RICHMOND V GEELONG NUMBERS
1. Richmond hasn’t beaten Geelong since 2006.

2. The Tigers have won one of their past 21 games against Geelong. Over the past 35 years the record is 41-7 Geelong’s way.

3. The last time Richmond defeated Geelong at the MCG was Round 12, 1999.

4. Damien Hardwick has never beaten Geelong as coach — the only team he is yet to record a win against.

5. Geelong’s 13-game winning streak against Richmond is its third-longest ever. The Cats won 16 in a row against St Kilda from 1897-1903 and 26 in a row against North Melbourne from the Kangaroos’ entry into the VFL in 1925 until 1936.

6. It is the second-longest current winning streak in the AFL, behind North Melbourne’s 16-game run against Melbourne. In a possible plus for the Tigers, Hawthorn’s 14-game winning run against Carlton and St Kilda’s 14-game winning streak against Melbourne both ended this year ... so, streaks are made to be broken.

7. Richmond hasn’t won a final since 2001. Since then its September record is 0-3. In that time Geelong has played in 28 finals, winning 15 including the 2007, 2009 and 2011 premierships.

8. There is no current player who has lost to Richmond in a final. The last surviving one was Dustin Fletcher, who played in the 1995 second semi-final.

9. The last time Richmond won a final on September 8 was 1928. It has lost three finals played on that date since then. Geelong has played three finals on September 8 in its history for one win and two losses (including a surprise loss to Fremantle at the MCG in 2012).

10. In 1995, one of two years since 1982 that Richmond has had the double chance, it was beaten by Geelong in the preliminary final.

11. Of the 38 players who have appeared for Richmond in 2017, Dion Prestia is the only one to have played in a win against Geelong (he had 20 disposals in the Suns’ 40-point victory in 2014).
The Tigers could boost their credentials by picking Shaun Hampson, who played in a win for Carlton against the Cats in 2009, or Ivan Maric who defeated Geelong twice as a Crow. Bizarrely Bachar Houli, Shaun Grigg and Toby Nankervis all played against the Cats for other clubs but lost every time. Even Jacob Townsend played two games against Geelong as a Giant for two defeats.

12. Andrew Mackie is the only current Geelong player to lose against Richmond playing for Geelong.

13. Geelong inflicted Richmond’s worst-ever loss, a 157-point thumping in 2007.

14. Gary Ablett Sr played 20 games for Geelong against Richmond from 1982-96, winning 18 of them and kicking 117.62 including hauls of 14, 12 (twice), 10 and eight (twice). The most goals kicked by a Richmond player against Geelong is eight — by Kevin Bartlett in the 1980 second semi-final and Michael Roach in 1986.

Win/Loss - Current Richmond Players
View attachment 451641
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...o/news-story/9a80fb763508a82b4e4e4c447640fc10
Man, this is some gooooood squishy!

Thanks for the stats Kitty but you are forgetting some very big stats...

Since September 8th 2017 the win/loss record between Geelong and Richmond is as follows:
(W-D-L)
Geelong 0-0-1
Richmond 1-0-0

Premierships:
Geelong 0
Richmond 1

Richmond inflicted Geelong's biggest finals loss of 51pts since the 2004 1st Qualifying Final against Port Adelaide (55pts)*

*Superseded by the 2017 Adelaide prelim of 61pts.
Can't see Richmond having sustained success. They will go the same way as the dogs. Hawks and Saints rivalry happened because both clubs were at our level for a very long time.

IIRC, ASADA spent so much time during 2006 + 2007, it was joked that Geelong should have given them an office! That was the Beetroot Juice + Pasta with Cauliflower Sauce era, wasn't it?

And many of them do not want to know that Dank was not involved with us. Called envy and jealousy.

Noticed the main board having a little melt at Selwood in the top 10 for Brownlow votes. Who would have thought a bloke who instantly became best 22, won the rising star in his first year, made the AA squad in his second and the team in his 3rd, whilst also playing for one of the greatest side of all time that rarely ever lost games and managed 6xAA to his resume by 29 would be in the top 10 :rolleyes:

Must be those pesky umpires conspiracy!

Noticed the main board having a little melt at Selwood in the top 10 for Brownlow votes. Who would have thought a bloke who instantly became best 22, won the rising star in his first year, made the AA squad in his second and the team in his 3rd, whilst also playing for one of the greatest side of all time that rarely ever lost games and managed 6xAA to his resume by 29 would be in the top 10 :rolleyes:

Yeah exactly.. I had posted somewhere about how 3 umps, for 23 rounds, over 11 or so seasons must have ALL been wrong..

Go Catters

But he gets all of his possessions from head high free kicks :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back