Training TRAINING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Tmac is a great set shot for goals because that is his only option, his back half howlers come when he decides to take on the 60m switch or 25m stab pass into the corridor all of a sudden he thinks he is matt suckling :p

The Viney news isn’t great, I don’t hold fears for his career. He would be in big doubt for the early rounds due to not training with the main group all or the majority of the pre season.

The Viney news isn’t great, I don’t hold fears for his career. He would be in big doubt for the early rounds due to not training with the main group all or the majority of the pre season.
It’s far from ideal. However they have also mentioned he may be back in full training in early February. Also running outside and not on a treadmill. They really should have rested him last year when he had the initial foot injury.

It’s far from ideal. However they have also mentioned he may be back in full training in early February. Also running outside and not on a treadmill. They really should have rested him last year when he had the initial foot injury.

Hindsight is a great thing, this injury was not a reoccurrence of his original injury but the two were related.

Viney will no doubt have learnt a lot from this injury and how to treat injuries going forward.

Hindsight is a great thing, this injury was not a reoccurrence of his original injury but the two were related.

Viney will no doubt have learnt a lot from this injury and how to treat injuries going forward.
Yeah the initial injury was a tendon. When he came back early it has put stress on the other parts of his foot. Think he maybe mentioned that in recent article to. But try stopping Viney. The guys a beast.

I guess on the plus side if Misson destroys the careers of three gun young midfielders (Luke Ball, Trengove, Viney) at some point someone will realise he's a ******* moron who should never have been promoted above club doctors who have actual proper medical degrees to deal with injured players. :rainbow:

I guess on the plus side if Misson destroys the careers of three gun young midfielders (Luke Ball, Trengove, Viney) at some point someone will realise he's a ******* moron who should never have been promoted above club doctors who have actual proper medical degrees to deal with injured players. :rainbow:

Not sure three would be compelling enough evidence given the amount of time he's been in the game. If we threw Clarry and Trac in there to get ruined as well, then I'd be convinced. Does Brayshaw count?

Not sure three would be compelling enough evidence given the amount of time he's been in the game. If we threw Clarry and Trac in there to get ruined as well, then I'd be convinced. Does Brayshaw count?

Can’t blame anything on the medical staff for Brayshaw, in fact I think the club has set a precedent for clubs to follow on treating a young player with concussion issues.

Ancient Demon went to training yesterday. He was well pleased because Jones, Kent and Viney all said hello to him. Jones and Kent were in the rehab group along with various others that included Balic, Joel Smith, Weideman etc. Viney was running laps in general, stopping to check his gps or stopwatch or whatever from time to time. Ancient asked him how he was at one point. Apparently he said ‘knackered’. However Ancient said he looked pretty good running on top of the ground and joining a spot of kick to kick with the rehab guys.

He also gave a very upbeat report of the main group who were doing some match simulation drills with some contact following the standard soccer warmups. His standout for the day was Hogan who he reckoned trained like a gun - marking really strongly and very clean by hand and foot. Brayshaw apparently is sporting a massive bandage on left thigh but didn’t appear impeded. Truck also looking great and Ancient thought Oliver was impressive and ran his guts out.

It sounds a bit like a media puff piece, but Ancient is usually pretty pessimistic so I’m taking heart from this news. Also, from the couple of times I have been to training this preseason I have observed we look like a different team to a few years back - one that could be mistaken for an elite professional group that could in theory win games.

Ancient Demon went to training yesterday. He was well pleased because Jones, Kent and Viney all said hello to him. Jones and Kent were in the rehab group along with various others that included Balic, Joel Smith, Weideman etc. Viney was running laps in general, stopping to check his gps or stopwatch or whatever from time to time. Ancient asked him how he was at one point. Apparently he said ‘knackered’. However Ancient said he looked pretty good running on top of the ground and joining a spot of kick to kick with the rehab guys.

He also gave a very upbeat report of the main group who were doing some match simulation drills with some contact following the standard soccer warmups. His standout for the day was Hogan who he reckoned trained like a gun - marking really strongly and very clean by hand and foot. Brayshaw apparently is sporting a massive bandage on left thigh but didn’t appear impeded. Truck also looking great and Ancient thought Oliver was impressive and ran his guts out.

It sounds a bit like a media puff piece, but Ancient is usually pretty pessimistic so I’m taking heart from this news. Also, from the couple of times I have been to training this preseason I have observed we look like a different team to a few years back - one that could be mistaken for an elite professional group that could in theory win games.
Is Kent ever not in the rehab group?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nice to hear that the usual preseason injury suspects - Tyson, Hogan, Brayshaw, Salem, Gawn, etc - are having uninterrupted programs. If Hogan and Gawn play full seasons our team is already drastically different to 2017

Brayshaw apparently is sporting a massive bandage on left thigh but didn’t appear impeded.

h037F7DBF

It's going to be 43C in the country, my coach said if we trained on Fridays we'd still be running laps on Friday at 6. So... Gotta agree soft! haha.

(FWIW If i did had to train tomorrow i would not have rocked up)

It's going to be 43C in the country, my coach said if we trained on Fridays we'd still be running laps on Friday at 6. So... Gotta agree soft! haha.

(FWIW If i did had to train tomorrow i would not have rocked up)
Yeah, I've trained in worse, rarely hit the 40's, but the 70-80% humidity makes it so much worse. I always did most of my training in the heat of the day, it's not easy, and drains for the rest of the day, but when you get to training in the evening, it was that much easier, made you look like you'd done twice the work away from the group.

If anyone is still brave enough to attend training tomorrow it's been moved forward an hour due to the extreme weather
I called the players association and they suggested that, even though I'm not a player, I should exercise my right to a safe work environment and stay home.

I called the players association and they suggested that, even though I'm not a player, I should exercise my right to a safe work environment and stay home.
I'd call OHS, they'd be all over it faster than like a fly on s**t

Remove this Banner Ad

Back