2017 Association Football Awards - Final Results!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair, there is more to the Star Wars Franchise than just the movies. It's been very sustainable. Lot's of fun there.

Though when did May the 4th even become a thing?

Absolutely. Was going to be my return serve, the movies might be average, but the literature has always been (by and large) outstanding. Now waiting for the games to get back to where they were.

Best Set of Supporters:

The first of the positive awards, this was a tight race between two teams who wear the same colours but it just had to be the reigning champs. Successful in the league and successful on this board, the Chelsea group take out this title which isn't surprising since I'm part of it. I guess it's hard not to sound biased but we don't really seem to have any major flogs in our bunch. Gosha is good for a laugh, chef is really laid-back and Loonerty is someone I share some common ground with (the song contest misses you!) Chelsea are easily one of the most hated teams in England but at least our fans in this tight-knit community are well-liked enough.

Chelsea-v-Manchester-United.jpg

Honourable mention to Everton who finished 2 votes behind. Leicester and Arsenal (despite joint-winning the worst fans award) also polled well.
Loonerty doesn’t do the contest anymore. The *?

It's hit a bit of a rough patch during the off-season. A few bay trolls have infiltrated it and have taken the enjoyment away from a few people.
I’ll have to make my return and #makethesongcontestgreatagain

Posters You'd Like to Have a Drink With:

Depending on whether you enjoy a few beers, a couple of glasses of red (anymore gives you a pounding headache) or, if you're not into the demon's piss (in the words of FAITH), you might just stick to the coke (the drink) or maybe a fruit juice. Some just like to have a cup of Earl Gray or, if you're sporting a man-bun, a beard, tatts and stretched ears, a tumeric latte from your local tree-hugging joint.

The point is, we all like to have a drink with someone and chat about s**t and, despite numerous noms from each poster, we had an outright winner here. With 5 votes, Bojan KantKick is the one most here would like to spend some time with and chat. As for me, I said everyone so he's a worthy winner in my eyes.

Well done!

156219.jpg

Posters You'd Like to Have a Drink With:

Depending on whether you enjoy a few beers, a couple of glasses of red (anymore gives you a pounding headache) or, if you're not into the demon's piss (in the words of FAITH), you might just stick to the coke (the drink) or maybe a fruit juice. Some just like to have a cup of Earl Gray or, if you're sporting a man-bun, a beard, tatts and stretched ears, a tumeric latte from your local tree-hugging joint.

The point is, we all like to have a drink with someone and chat about s**t and, despite numerous noms from each poster, we had an outright winner here. With 5 votes, Bojan KantKick is the one most here would like to spend some time with and chat. As for me, I said everyone so he's a worthy winner in my eyes.

Well done!

156219.jpg

Carried the poddy this season.

Best Troll:

In addition to his most improved award, this poster also gets the best troll award. As I mentioned in the worst troll presentation, a good troll is someone who can throw out bait and successfully get a few fishies to bite which is what this poster always does. His targets have included Spurs, Man City, Man United, Real Madrid and, even, Dortmund. He even diverges from the world game and has cracks at AFL teams, specifically Geelong and North, so very few are safe from his wrath. This was a close-call in the end and Bojan KantKick cost himself to be the joint winner as his votes were the last and he went for Gosha for this award.

It's his second award and another very deserving one. Well done Gosha!

165616.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, SSC Napoli, ESH
It's hit a bit of a rough patch during the off-season. A few bay trolls have infiltrated it and have taken the enjoyment away from a few people.
Do you have to be a Chelski supporter to go into that song contest?

Can recall Morgs and Plugger always posting there like 2 years ago (both are Chelski fans)

Funniest Poster:

It's a tie!

upload_2018-1-19_15-46-36.png

One of the winners of this award narrowly missed out on sharing the best troll award but doesn't miss out here. He can throw out quality bait but can also provide laughs across the board. Look no further than this post in this very thread:

too much of a distraction mate. I just finished season 4 of thrones and I've had enough of short people talking to me about weddings :kissingheart:

The other poster is very quick-witted and it amazes me how he comes up with some of the stuff he does. Ranging from taking one of AC's posts and turning into a Duncan tweet or designing t-shirts with Magma's now-famous Pep love quote and his material in his bottom 30 thread, he's also a very worthy recipient. With a Steve Coogan avatar, it comes as no surprise that he knows good humour.

Bojan KantKick and Sozabarus, take a bow!

Apologies Bojan for leaving you as Sir Jim but his ears are too big to be photoshopped over.

Do you have to be a Chelski supporter to go into that song contest?

Can recall Morgs and Plugger always posting there like 2 years ago (both are Chelski fans)
It's free for all. We had Thatsapaddlin for a little while and he's a Spurs man.

Aug 28, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
Best Troll:

In addition to his most improved award, this poster also gets the best troll award. As I mentioned in the worst troll presentation, a good troll is someone who can throw out bait and successfully get a few fishies to bite which is what this poster always does. His targets have included Spurs, Man City, Man United, Real Madrid and, even, Dortmund. He even diverges from the world game and has cracks at AFL teams, specifically Geelong and North, so very few are safe from his wrath. This was a close-call in the end and Bojan KantKick cost himself to be the joint winner as his votes were the last and he went for Gosha for this award.

It's his second award and another very deserving one. Well done Gosha!

165616.jpg
Now I feel bad for voting for FAITH over Bojan KantKick. It would’ve been a pleasure sharing this prestigious award with the great man.

Funniest Poster:

It's a tie!

View attachment 452240

One of the winners of this award narrowly missed out on sharing the best troll award but doesn't miss out here. He can throw out quality bait but can also provide laughs across the board. Look no further than this post in this very thread:

The other poster is very quick-witted and it amazes me how he comes up with some of the stuff he does. Ranging from taking one of AC's posts and turning into a Duncan tweet or designing t-shirts with Magma's now-famous Pep love quote and his material in his bottom 30 thread, he's also a very worthy recipient. With a Steve Coogan avatar, it comes as no surprise that he knows good humour.

Bojan KantKick and Sozabarus, take a bow!

Apologies Bojan for leaving you as Sir Jim but his ears are too big to be photoshopped over.
That photoshop is top class mate. :D

Favourite Poster:
How does this differ from best poster? I'd say "best" poster refers to content whereas "favourite" is someone whose posts you just enjoy reading the most. They could be a comedian who makes you laugh but, in terms of actual posting content, they may not be the best (not referring to anyone here, I'm just merely using a potential example). We have a four-way tie for this award, all receiving 2 votes each. RossFC is the first of the four, he does an excellent job with the matchday threads and is one of the more easy-going, level-headed posters around here. Cruyff14 is the second, how can we not love him? From his "great?" moments to that question to SM, he certainly brightens a few people's day around here. Nonetheless, he seems like a decent bloke. glenferry23 with all of those Simpsons posts (if you're after uncontested likes go you pups, look no further). It's almost terrifying that he has a Simpsons moment for every post on this board but The Simpsons is relatable in some many way. WealstoneRaider is the last of the four. Can't beat around the fact that a few have had run-ins with him but he's provided some classic moments here. I also think he's mellowed a lot recently and is decent value these days.

Well done to you four!

410158_9f6c12a9424da6a5b6f3ba6116c46d99.jpg

123715.jpg

99745.jpg

161436.jpg

Best Poster:

It's the one you've all been waiting for! This poster started out as just an ordinary BF poster who chimed in with the odd comment but never really garnered much attention. In the past couple of seasons, he became more prominent around these parts and got into the habit of starting matchday threads of which he still does an excellent job of. In addition to this, he is cool, calm and objective which is always a breath of fresh air in a place where things can get a little heated. It was for these reasons that this poster got promoted to mod position on this site and earned plaudits from chef and Jatz who do an excellent job at running this board (they were a close 2nd and 3rd for this award. There was only one winner though and RossFC has quickly climbed the ranks to become the BF Association Board's best poster!

Well deserved!

Jan 13, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Leicester, Vixens
Best Poster:

It's the one you've all been waiting for! This poster started out as just an ordinary BF poster who chimed in with the odd comment but never really garnered much attention. In the past couple of seasons, he became more prominent around these parts and got into the habit of starting matchday threads of which he still does an excellent job of. In addition to this, he is cool, calm and objective which is always a breath of fresh air in a place where things can get a little heated. It was for these reasons that this poster got promoted to mod position on this site and earned plaudits from chef and Jatz who do an excellent job at running this board (they were a close 2nd and 3rd for this award. There was only one winner though and RossFC has quickly climbed the ranks to become the BF Association Board's best poster!

Well deserved!

Oh dear me, that's a bit nasty. Chelsea shirt for the Liverpool guy!

Anyway, congrats, RossFC ! Very well deserved! In fact, the fact that all three of our mods being our top 3 pretty much sums up the quality of the posters in the mod team. I think the fact that we had a 4 way tie for favourite poster also suggests how diverse the tastes of the forum truly is. A lot of healthy respect in the place, that's for sure!

Anyway, I know its not much, since I'm not much of an artist, but here's a little "Best Poster's" badge for the occasion!

Kam-oTXJuyK3gA2UIFdnJvSDUfdy408qFB6XOoez8DJwaab6qGaXQ3jT9ODCIaVSpKOOPv0l4spC5OCuEgOh5yQTQcNtVgyBuuDgonLutj0ZEsXiTE4O4gzn-p33JXHqUlQoxv_6H8prxQFymSvUpj_OX566fZkM649onHQ78isgTgqzYxTZuGuXF-zyYrUG4Uho9Ile-aX3Pe_pLsSRHPWenKFdM9Ux7_TD3KbpZb3TVdEl6f4RBejjfNQWQ3B-H1E6e_6MReasGy0EeS_PUtD31sEZgL8CGtU8s8JtPM9_sR9miypd1052T4tckcok8LSaYtEtZjiR43u6z1v48alkgHGV-j7MIJ5gJgxiOjWTAIlFauZETOxaj2Z1sPgTecnT1aZK8e24I7Eua67oSHQqn3b6amDZheGRj4h8EsjIbwsp_eMwH04dTrSL1mca_Jk71Gaaxzel0Tge0sicIn63r7EoEqcMWySLDDdUYNvdYuxz_RuU-05v4b-Os-kZAMnhwpF0WANnEOrytsuxY42uCOXBDeNVSxmhcE4SW4LBQt4hfdPsZmPuRzW9zmAKtRX3rKO0GuajZv7meIdGYhJ6qt_CwM8K9WmJCHEqIU2h_j5DL1rAHGmols-206fu5B2JdDZOFpyKV4FNvMdHy_OM7rWoGynU4LUFG0fLzJdXcW8djns5kDBrkdY=w62-h24-l75-ft

You are now Klavan!

Attachments

• BP17.png
    BP17.png
    261 bytes · Views: 81

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
10k Posts I reneged on a bet or agreement :(
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Favourite Poster:
How does this differ from best poster? I'd say "best" poster refers to content whereas "favourite" is someone whose posts you just enjoy reading the most. They could be a comedian who makes you laugh but, in terms of actual posting content, they may not be the best (not referring to anyone here, I'm just merely using a potential example). We have a four-way tie for this award, all receiving 2 votes each. RossFC is the first of the four, he does an excellent job with the matchday threads and is one of the more easy-going, level-headed posters around here. Cruyff14 is the second, how can we not love him? From his "great?" moments to that question to SM, he certainly brightens a few people's day around here. Nonetheless, he seems like a decent bloke. glenferry23 with all of those Simpsons posts (if you're after uncontested likes go you pups, look no further). It's almost terrifying that he has a Simpsons moment for every post on this board but The Simpsons is relatable in some many way. WealstoneRaider is the last of the four. Can't beat around the fact that a few have had run-ins with him but he's provided some classic moments here. I also think he's mellowed a lot recently and is decent value these days.

Well done to you four!

123715.jpg

99745.jpg

161436.jpg
Don’t mistake “mellowing” for being banned from the off topic thread! No outlet now for my miserable old git routine

Oh dear me, that's a bit nasty. Chelsea shirt for the Liverpool guy!

Anyway, congrats, RossFC ! Very well deserved! In fact, the fact that all three of our mods being our top 3 pretty much sums up the quality of the posters in the mod team. I think the fact that we had a 4 way tie for favourite poster also suggests how diverse the tastes of the forum truly is. A lot of healthy respect in the place, that's for sure!

Anyway, I know its not much, since I'm not much of an artist, but here's a little "Best Poster's" badge for the occasion!

Kam-oTXJuyK3gA2UIFdnJvSDUfdy408qFB6XOoez8DJwaab6qGaXQ3jT9ODCIaVSpKOOPv0l4spC5OCuEgOh5yQTQcNtVgyBuuDgonLutj0ZEsXiTE4O4gzn-p33JXHqUlQoxv_6H8prxQFymSvUpj_OX566fZkM649onHQ78isgTgqzYxTZuGuXF-zyYrUG4Uho9Ile-aX3Pe_pLsSRHPWenKFdM9Ux7_TD3KbpZb3TVdEl6f4RBejjfNQWQ3B-H1E6e_6MReasGy0EeS_PUtD31sEZgL8CGtU8s8JtPM9_sR9miypd1052T4tckcok8LSaYtEtZjiR43u6z1v48alkgHGV-j7MIJ5gJgxiOjWTAIlFauZETOxaj2Z1sPgTecnT1aZK8e24I7Eua67oSHQqn3b6amDZheGRj4h8EsjIbwsp_eMwH04dTrSL1mca_Jk71Gaaxzel0Tge0sicIn63r7EoEqcMWySLDDdUYNvdYuxz_RuU-05v4b-Os-kZAMnhwpF0WANnEOrytsuxY42uCOXBDeNVSxmhcE4SW4LBQt4hfdPsZmPuRzW9zmAKtRX3rKO0GuajZv7meIdGYhJ6qt_CwM8K9WmJCHEqIU2h_j5DL1rAHGmols-206fu5B2JdDZOFpyKV4FNvMdHy_OM7rWoGynU4LUFG0fLzJdXcW8djns5kDBrkdY=w62-h24-l75-ft

You are now Klavan!
Do I actually get to have this badge put on my profile?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back