Mod. Notice Depressed? Anxious? Call Beyond Blue (1300 224636), Lifeline (131114), resources in OP

Remove this Banner Ad

Stuffed up big time today. Reinitiated contact with a person that brings me down. Didn’t take them long to drag me down. I should know better. Went out and brought my first packet of cigarettes since the new year. Looking at buying some scotch to drink. Haven’t had drink in over a week, haven’t smoked in over 3 weeks. Been walking/running 20km in the past 2. So today feels as if I’ve wasted all that time.

Maybe subconsciously I was looking for an excuse to go back to old habits. Note to self stay away from toxic people, no matter how hot they are!

On a positive note, tomorrow is another day. A chance to start over, enjoy the scotch and cigs tonight, don’t beat myself up over it!
Learn. The future is bright.

Stuffed up big time today. Reinitiated contact with a person that brings me down. Didn’t take them long to drag me down. I should know better. Went out and brought my first packet of cigarettes since the new year. Looking at buying some scotch to drink. Haven’t had drink in over a week, haven’t smoked in over 3 weeks. Been walking/running 20km in the past 2. So today feels as if I’ve wasted all that time.

Maybe subconsciously I was looking for an excuse to go back to old habits. Note to self stay away from toxic people, no matter how hot they are!

On a positive note, tomorrow is another day. A chance to start over, enjoy the scotch and cigs tonight, don’t beat myself up over it!
You shoulda bought menthol cigs. Thats how I finally gave them up

This whole week has been awful for me.

I broke up with my girlfriend close to 6 months. I broke up with her as it felt we were going different directions and we are two different people. I felt like it was unfair for both of us to continue the relationship. Now she's just saying I hate you and you're a heartless c**nt :(

Felt suicidal

I broke up with my girlfriend close to 6 months. I broke up with her as it felt we were going different directions and we are two different people. I felt like it was unfair for both of us to continue the relationship. Now she's just saying I hate you and you're a heartless c**nt :(

Felt suicidal

Not good mate. But if your heading in different directions you did the right thing in breaking up with her. What she has told you, are just words. She is probably a bit hurt, and upset, but give her time and she may come to realise that you done the right thing. In the mean time stay away from reading any messages, or talking, just give her time to come to terms with it.

While it’s hard for you as well, your life and well being is important, stay close to the people that support you. It’s not worth committing suicide over. If you want to talk or vent, people here are ready to listen and offer support including myself.

Stay strong

Felt suicidal
You aren't a heartless campaigner for being honest mate

Not good mate. But if your heading in different directions you did the right thing in breaking up with her. What she has told you, are just words. She is probably a bit hurt, and upset, but give her time and she may come to realise that you done the right thing. In the mean time stay away from reading any messages, or talking, just give her time to come to terms with it.

While it’s hard for you as well, your life and well being is important, stay close to the people that support you. It’s not worth committing suicide over. If you want to talk or vent, people here are ready to listen and offer support including myself.

Stay strong

You aren't a heartless campaigner for being honest mate

Thanks for the info guys, I really appreciate it.

It's just been overwhelming, I talked to mates about it and they said you'll be happier and you should focus on myself.

dont beat yourself up over a set back. Stop, re-evaluate your priorities, and head back in the right direction without judging yourself harshly. Set backs make us stronger

**** I'm in a bad way this morning
Had to put my 19 year old dog down
Everything just welling up inside and I'm spending the day with my kids
I'm just a mess

Nothing like losing a mate. It’s what are dogs are. They are loyal, loving, dependable mates.
On the plus side you have your kids with you. That’s a great thing.

**** I'm in a bad way this morning
Had to put my 19 year old dog down
Everything just welling up inside and I'm spending the day with my kids
I'm just a mess
this shows you're human, and a decent human at that. I was a mess when I put my 14 year old dog down some years ago. You have every right to blubber. Be kind to yourself, youre a great bloke mate

(Log in to remove this ad.)

this shows you're human, and a decent human at that. I was a mess when I put my 14 year old dog down some years ago. You have every right to blubber. Be kind to yourself, youre a great bloke mate

When I finish making the changes, I want to make in my life, I’d love to get a dog, always wanted a blue heeler.
So need a job that’s dog friendly, and a place that’s dog friendly! I can do that.

On a side note. Have decided that I’m going to remove social media from my life. Ie Facebook and the like. I’m over the superficial nature of it. If people want to stay connected, the can message me, text me, call me or see me. The way real people should connect imo.

When I finish making the changes, I want to make in my life, I’d love to get a dog, always wanted a blue heeler.
So need a job that’s dog friendly, and a place that’s dog friendly! I can do that.

On a side note. Have decided that I’m going to remove social media from my life. Ie Facebook and the like. I’m over the superficial nature of it. If people want to stay connected, the can message me, text me, call me or see me. The way real people should connect imo.
both great ideas. I rarely frequent facebook now, it's just superficial rubbish with a lot of spam.

I have two golden retrievers, and one in particular would walk long distances with me, day or night, when my anxiety was at its worst and I really needed the exercise and companionship. I lover her to bits, she is and absolute joy and a real clown too.

Making continual good choices in your life slowly turns the tide from struggling to living. Sounds like you're on the right track

both great ideas. I rarely frequent facebook now, it's just superficial rubbish with a lot of spam.

I have two golden retrievers, and one in particular would walk long distances with me, day or night, when my anxiety was at its worst and I really needed the exercise and companionship. I lover her to bits, she is and absolute joy and a real clown too.

Making continual good choices in your life slowly turns the tide from struggling to living. Sounds like you're on the right track

Thanks mate. I’ve always wanted a pet but with my working life style, it was going to be too Cruel for the animal. So never had one. With my new focus on establishing a work/life focus, rather than just being Work oriented I think I can finally look at getting one.

I’m flying over to Darwin next week. I was planning on finding a job over there, but decided not to, as I don’t know anyone there, and would end up falling back into the work oriented life style again. So making it a holiday, have booked a scenic flight for Kakadu and a boat cruise there as well. Planning on taking my time, looking at the rock paintings and waterfalls and other natural things. Just have to remember to take lots of water and not to get too close to the water! Really looking forward to it.

I've being going okay lately but my kids have just being ripped away from me,never felt so angry and lonely at the one time,sometimes when you cant see any light,there is no light,good luck to everyone fighting this s**t and I hope you win your battle.

I've being going okay lately but my kids have just being ripped away from me,never felt so angry and lonely at the one time,sometimes when you cant see any light,there is no light,good luck to everyone fighting this s**t and I hope you win your battle.

I’m a sucker for philosophical quotes so here’s one that seems apt:
“Sometimes life is like this dark tunnel, you can’t always see the light at the end of the tunnel, but if you just keep moving, you will come to a better place.”

You’ll quickly learn who really wants to talk to you. I was amazed at how many people basically behaved as though I didn’t exist anymore when I canned all my social media.
I actually don’t mind the distance/anonymity of forums like this as I never feel like I’m conned into believing someone is a good friend (no offence to everyone here obviously lol) which I seem to let
happen to me a lot (doesn’t help that I’m fairly anti-social but that’s me and I’m not likely to change!).

Pm if you want to chat
I understand this struggle

You're not a bad person. You reached out because of the good in you. But learn the lesson. Leave the past in the past, move forward and don't look back.

Also, don't let one negative become two, then multiply even further. Back on the positive track asap.

God bless

Thanks for the info guys, I really appreciate it.

It's just been overwhelming, I talked to mates about it and they said you'll be happier and you should focus on myself.
You did the right thing. You can't carry people for the sake of it, especially if it means your going to sink too.

You're a good fella and your ex is just hurt and lashing out.

Peace to you.

I just did something really stupid today. Something that could have costed me my life kind of stupid. Up in Darwin, had a flight tour and river cruise booked in Kakadu. Read the road closure report. Saw that it was a little bit iffy. But heard that people were still getting in and out. The drive was fine until 10km out of Jaibru where there were 3 bridges submerged with water. While I got through just. It’s not worth the risk to drive in flowing water. Especially when there are crocodiles about. I was lucky that my foolishness didn’t kill me. Now I’m hoping that there is no rain tonight so I can get back to Darwin tomorrow.
Also too, both the cruise and the flight had been cancelled.

Hi everyone,
If you're in the Ballarat region and want to help raise awareness and support for depression and anxiety (particular PTSD drive) this page (and subsequent movement as they call it) was set up some time ago in honor of a classmates friends' husband who was an ex-serviceman who ultimately lost his war with himself a little over 12 months ago, despite managing to raise in excess of $30,000 for soldieron.org.au by pack marching from Mildura to the Adelaide war memorial 18 months prior.
https://www.facebook.com/pg/walkingoffthewarwithin/about/?ref=page_internal
https://walkoffww.com/

Remove this Banner Ad

Back