Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Remove this Banner Ad

This thread may not get a lot of love as JRPGs are pretty niche, but is anyone else playing this at the moment?

I'm about 30 hours in and completely hooked. The battle system is fairly complex but they do a pretty good job of doling out the tutorial info as you go along so it's not too overwhelming.

The story is fun and engaging, loads of decent side quests and the character design is pretty much the most Japanese thing ever.

Love, love, love this game.

Sent from my SM-A300Y using Tapatalk

I've been thinking about picking this up but I'm lazy these days and have read the battle system is complex.
It introduces each element of the battle system and gives you a chance to get used to it before introducing another one. I was a bit aprehensive going into it but haven't had any issues.

It introduces each element of the battle system and gives you a chance to get used to it before introducing another one. I was a bit aprehensive going into it but haven't had any issues.

Might pick it up. I've been PC gaming lately and just want to slump on the sofa.

This is my first time playing a game like this, it definitely has its flaws but it still does a good job of keeping me playing for hours. I feel the quality drops a bit on handheld, it still runs as quick but it doesn’t look as good.

Some battles can just drag on and I do get very annoyed when random strong monsters decide to join your already tough fight and cause you to loose. The dub is very hit and miss but I do like the story it does a good job of keeping me engaged. My team is level 26 so still plenty of game left to go.

This is my first time playing a game like this, it definitely has its flaws but it still does a good job of keeping me playing for hours. I feel the quality drops a bit on handheld, it still runs as quick but it doesn’t look as good.

Some battles can just drag on and I do get very annoyed when random strong monsters decide to join your already tough fight and cause you to loose. The dub is very hit and miss but I do like the story it does a good job of keeping me engaged. My team is level 26 so still plenty of game left to go.
Yeah the tough reinforcements can be a pain in the arse! But I find it immensely satisfying to level up then go back and destroy some enemies I'd previously struggled with.

The amount of Australian accents (after the first couple of chapters) are an unexpected bonus!

I was thinking of picking this up. Do I need to know anything about the previous games?
Nope, it's a stand alone story, completely unrelated to the other games. They don't presume any prior knowledge.

Love this game. Xenoblade Chronicles on Wii was one of my favourite JRPGs and I'm finding this one to be just as much fun. The battle system can be quite confusing at first and they've added a bit from the previous games but once you've put a few hours into it it's easy to understand. I like the story as well and highly recommend the game for any JRPG fans

It took me a while but I finally mastered the battle system. I've reached the Urayan capital, forget the name, but it was so hard to locate like a few of the places in this game lol... really enjoying it though. Favourite character is probably Nia. And I got that Aussie in my party Van Damme.

Really enjoying this. I have made it to the beginning of Chapter 4.

Characters are fun and the narrative has been solid so far. Voice acting is all over the shop - I'm not sure the ocker Australian accent should ever be used in a game - but it's not detracting from my experience too much.

I understand the battle system enough to get through with few difficulties but there are certainly aspects of it that are confusing.

Really enjoying this. I have made it to the beginning of Chapter 4.

Characters are fun and the narrative has been solid so far. Voice acting is all over the shop - I'm not sure the ocker Australian accent should ever be used in a game - but it's not detracting from my experience too much.

I understand the battle system enough to get through with few difficulties but there are certainly aspects of it that are confusing.
I love the mix of accents. I only really feel like I properly got the hang of the battle system in my last ten or so hours of playtime (and I'm up to chapter 7). An incredible game, and I'm definitely going to go back and play the original on 3DS after this.

I love the mix of accents. I only really feel like I properly got the hang of the battle system in my last ten or so hours of playtime (and I'm up to chapter 7). An incredible game, and I'm definitely going to go back and play the original on 3DS after this.

I just made it to Chapter 8, getting used to the gameplay now and battles are going quicker but can still take too long, addictive though especially when trying to upgrade the affinity chart

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm at chapter 4, absolutely loving it around this point. I've figured out how to cancel attacks... I think. Thrilled there's still a ways to go yet. Battles can get very chaotic and confusing and sometimes I lose track of where Rex is exactly but no big deal.

I just made it to Chapter 8, getting used to the gameplay now and battles are going quicker but can still take too long, addictive though especially when trying to upgrade the affinity chart

I'm spending all my time on my blades affinity charts and ignoring the story but some of them have some pretty tedious or difficult things to do to get them up but it's definitely worth the work

I'm spending all my time on my blades affinity charts and ignoring the story but some of them have some pretty tedious or difficult things to do to get them up but it's definitely worth the work
Don't forget you can just add a bunch of blades together, so if you need say Level 3 affinity for something, three Level 1s is just as good.

For those up to part 5
Thrilled that Mòrag is a playable character, really like her part in the story.

Don't forget you can just add a bunch of blades together, so if you need say Level 3 affinity for something, three Level 1s is just as good.

Yeah I've done that a few times when I've needed some very high level affinity to get something done. I just mainly have a thing with RPGs in which I just grind away to get very powerful and in this game I want to get all my blades to level 5 affinity but it just takes a long time. Luckily I don't plan to buy any other games anytime soon

I basically like everyone in this game except for Tora (mehmehmeh!), who annoys me quite terribly. I think Poppi agrees with me too. Favourite character is Morag, also love Nia, Rex, the Zekenator, everyone really in their own way. The bad guys are compelling characters.

I'm taking it very slow. Played 110 hours+ and still haven't finished which is fine by me. I tend to grind a lot.

Finally finished, that was phenomenal.

I don't think Switch owners realise how good this game is and i don't think reviewers or marketing really sold how great the game is either. People are deceived by not knowing what "Xenoblade Chronicles" is or means compared to your mario or zelda's, so that unknown factor has people confused, if they have never played it before.

I'd say on par with Mario Odyssey and Zelda BOTW, amazing game.

I don't think Switch owners realise how good this game is and i don't think reviewers or marketing really sold how great the game is either. People are deceived by not knowing what "Xenoblade Chronicles" is or means compared to your mario or zelda's, so that unknown factor has people confused, if they have never played it before.

I'd say on par with Mario Odyssey and Zelda BOTW, amazing game.
Looking back at the reviews I’d have to agree, easily a 9/10 at the very least

Remove this Banner Ad

Back