Remove this Banner Ad

tigertigertiger

Club Legend
BeanCoiNFT Investor
Oct 11, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
Enjoyed sportal for 1 year, think it was 09 or 10

Didn't bother with the forum for years and the site itself went to crap years ago, unfortunately as it was good to regularly read, they shouldn't have messed with it

Sep 20, 2009
Pascoe Vale
AFL Club
Geelong
The funniest thread ever on Sportal was that Basketball Fantasy thread, where 'strauchanie' and his heavy-handed moderating ended up getting every single other person quitting and joining a rival league.

The 40-odd page thread was always good for a laugh, watching it go from totally cool and chilled into endless infighting and childish dictator crap from strauchnie.

Wonder if sportals lcynic is the same lcynic (now renamed) from here...
Yeah it is/was
Theres quite a few sportalians here. I reckon even old Toofy is lurking somewhere, he used to get loads of his ‘info’ from BF.

Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
I was about 14-15 when i used sportal for 1 or two years, they all hated me after they found out my age on the bball forum. A decade later I finally get why they would.

kingykingston (sp?), there was another unique cat, what a freak
he uses this forum I think

edit: Toothlesstiger was an idiot and was hopefully left behind but alas both our teams have won a flag since those days.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jun 29, 2006
Nthn Beaches
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
BBGFC and LRGC
At its peak during the Syd/WCE 2004-06 period when Magoo treated it as his own private sand box.
Plenty were in both forums at same time, or switched back and forth whenever suspended/banned.

Some using the same names still.

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2006
Nthn Beaches
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
BBGFC and LRGC
Was always curious who it was that went under the name "King of the Jungle". Bloke spammed the hell out the place with
"The kingdom of the Lions will last for 10000 years" or some s**t like that. You could usually pick who it might be, but that one threw everyone.

At its peak during the Syd/WCE 2004-06 period when Magoo treated it as his own private sand box.
Plenty were in both forums at same time, or switched back and forth whenever suspended/banned.

Some using the same names still.

Wait... wot??

You aren’t Magoo?

MadTigerFan

Premiership Player
Aug 17, 2010
Vic
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Astros, Spurs, 49ers, Liverpool
If anyone remembers ‘ossie’ I still keep contact with him sometimes, tends to randomly sms me when the Pies beat the Eagles. I met him for coffee a couple of times..good guy.
Well well well if it isn't the Pauline Hanson lookalike.

Bizzaro

Rookie
Nov 27, 2007
Darwin NT
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Hey you crazy mofo. I think I was part of that. Not proud of myself, was a low point of the forum. I was taking the piss and a lot of others were being worse but it all came across real bad. Was pretty much the end of the forum days I think. Sometime in 2011/12.

Footy talk aside though. That was great banter.

Hey you crazy mofo. I think I was part of that. Not proud of myself, was a low point of the forum. I was taking the piss and a lot of others were being worse but it all came across real bad. Was pretty much the end of the forum days I think. Sometime in 2011/12.

Footy talk aside though. That was great banter.
Honestly the smaller size of the community over on sportal was better than big footy, it kind of felt like everyone knew each other to some extent which i feel is lost with the overwhelming numbers on big footy.

Back