Farmer2Goggin

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Celtics
Crameri was participating in a few of the small group drills/activities during the "open training session". He didn't seem to restricted during that time

It's second hand but info I have re Crameri is encouraging
> He is over the injury
> The Club will ease him back into full training once his conditioning is at the level needed
> He is super keen to play and is loving the environment at the Cattery

Say what you will but he can find the goals and was amongst the leading or leading goalkicker at the Bombers and Scraggers when fit.
Good punt by the Club :thumbsu:

It's second hand but info I have re Crameri is encouraging
> He is over the injury
> The Club will ease him back into full training once his conditioning is at the level needed
> He is super keen to play and is loving the environment at the Cattery

Say what you will but he can find the goals and was amongst the leading or leading goalkicker at the Bombers and Scraggers when fit.
Good punt by the Club :thumbsu:
If Pods can make it at 28.... he cost the same as Crameri.

Crameri as a rookie.... well worth the punt.... and if it gives Buzza/Sav/Menzel/ time to get their things right..... ill take it for sure.

GO Catters

CatRiot

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 3, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
I though o’connor did pretty damn well, but fair enough I guess
I could see him becoming a good half-back flanker, but needs to improve his game reading. He has a few good mentors there that can teach him.

The bottom 7 that I listed earlier isn't too bad... If we get some solid improvements from say half of them, then it will give us great depth and competition for spots.

CatRiot

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 3, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
I wonder who at this time in 7-8 months we will be discussing as new Geelong players. Right now I have no clue to who we could be targeting but will have to wait and see. So pumped for the new season and hoping the new guy can shine as well as the others who haven't been inconsistent in the years.
I'm not sure anyone on Big $ at our club will retire or be traded at year end, I think they will want some list stability going to next off-season, maybe snare a a trade for immediate "list needs" and perhaps go to the draft with the others.

Just looking at the list, we have 6 players at 180cm and below; as we stocked up on smaller types this off-season, I'd say a couple of versatile sized types like Brownless and Bailey Scott would be ideal along with a Key Position player in this draft... If a bloke like Walsh slips to our first draft pick, then you'd have to take him based on last year's form.

Fox Footy and Hun both saying Sloane is UFA. Despite crows board adamant he’s not. Fun

INAUGURAL Adelaide coach Graham Cornes admits he’s increasingly concerned that Rory Sloane won’t be at Adelaide beyond this season.

And Cornes remains of the opinion that Sloane — rated among the top five players in the league according to Champion Data’s Official AFL Player Ratings — is strongly considering a return to his home state of Victoria for 2019 and beyond.

“I’m not confident that Adelaide can keep him, but I’m confident that he won’t keep us guessing,” the footy legend told FiveAA on Monday.

I'm sure that is just what Crows fans want to read

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/ad...8/news-story/93ff5d7d2c6463f3369eefe6d053dfb0

Landgraft

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 18, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
I could see him becoming a good half-back flanker, but needs to improve his game reading. He has a few good mentors there that can teach him.

The bottom 7 that I listed earlier isn't too bad... If we get some solid improvements from say half of them, then it will give us great depth and competition for spots.

One key thing to remember with O'Connor is that as an Irish Cat B rookie he isn't competing for a regular list spot, so unless there's another young Irishman we wanted more there's no real competition for his place on the list.

May 25, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong

It’s not too bad I guess, but out of those ten players you listed you might be lucky to see ten or 15 senior games this year, and i’m Not sure what the odds of any of them becoming significant players in the future for the club would be. And that’s a quarter of your list.

Nickoo

Norm Smith Medallist
May 13, 2015
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory
Nathan Templeton:Among the crowd here, Geelong super star Paddy Dangerfield. We are just marvelling at Rafa’s legs. How would you go tackling him?
Patrick Dangerfield: I don’t think I would be any good. He’s in such good shape.
NT:Lleyton is in commentary. He reckons you didn’t tackle when you played for The Crows.
PD:It would be hard to tackle Lleyton because he’s short.
NT:Gary Ablett returning, how exciting. Have you explained while he was away there’s a new Sheriff in town or is he still the man?
PD:He’s still the man. We might be trying to pinch a few of Lleyton’s boys, (Adelaide captain) Rory (Sloane).
NT:Rory Sloane?
PD:He’s all right.
NT:Lleyton will be having a heart attack in the box. Good luck when the season starts.
Hewitt clearly had no idea, his light-hearted gibe at Dangerfield was going to be brought up in the interview.
“I think I was thrown under a bus,” he said

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And as impossible as it is for Sloane to come to us - in reality - the absolute infarctions his comments must have caused west of border town will be immense and thoroughly enjoyable .

Go Catters

And as impossible as it is for Sloane to come to us - in reality - the absolute infarctions his comments must have caused west of border town will be immense and thoroughly enjoyable.

Go Catters
First time I think it has bee reported that Sloane will be a UFA and not an RFA.

“He’s an unrestricted free agent that can pick whichever club he goes to and he gives Adelaide two of his very best years right when their window’s open.”

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...a/news-story/c01fc2fffe91c1fb1bed2a41adc16f78

Sloane, 27, looms as the biggest and most in-demand free agent of the year. He comes out of contract at Adelaide at the end of 2018, which would give him unrestricted free agency status should he opt not to re-sign with the Crows.

http://www.geelongadvertiser.com.au...8/news-story/93ff5d7d2c6463f3369eefe6d053dfb0

Makes it difficult for the Crows to keep him if they can't use the threat of matching an offer that exists under RFA. The amount of the offer doesn't matter it is if Rory wants to go to the club if he is indeed a UFA.

First time I think it has bee reported that Sloane will be a UFA and not an RFA.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...a/news-story/c01fc2fffe91c1fb1bed2a41adc16f78

http://www.geelongadvertiser.com.au...8/news-story/93ff5d7d2c6463f3369eefe6d053dfb0

Makes it difficult for the Crows to keep him if they can't use the threat of matching an offer that exists under RFA. The amount of the offer doesn't matter it is if Rory wants to go to the club if he is indeed a UFA.

Cue the dinner parties.

We'd probably have to trade Danger and Selwood to afford him. He will get offers well over a $1M from North, Collingwood, Saints etc. Would be handy but!

Yep, well aware that he is out of our reach. Same with Sloane who is also rumored to be on the move at the end of his contract.

Looks like in a matter of months the GCS ferals over there will have some new Judas to burn.

Now, where is my deck chair... lol

GO Catters

Yep, well aware that he is out of our reach. Same with Sloane who is also rumored to be on the move at the end of his contract.
Sloane is UFA, he could potentially take a paycut and come to us. Which would be all time viewing on the crows board.

Sloane is UFA, he could potentially take a paycut and come to us. Which would be all time viewing on the crows board.

About as much chance as me waking up in the morning next to a Victoria's Secret model.

About as much chance as me waking up in the morning next to a Victoria's Secret model.
Don't sell yourself short. You could both be taken hostage by international terrorists and be kept in the same bed, simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back