Australian Open Day 10

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not saying they're right either, I'm just asking you why you aren't putting your money where your mouth is.
Why should I? I don't gamble. I don't need to gamble to express an opinion.

Oxymoron if I've ever seen one. If you're making a prediction, express it as such.
A prediction of a 3-set win is not the same as saying Chung has a 0% chance.

Have you registered a new account here just to talk s**t and try to get a rise out of me? :drunk:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Basil Zempilas is such a spanner. I know it's been said a million times, but fvcking hell. Asking Courier if Chung's backhand was his greatest weakness?
Lol. Please get rid of him already!

Though if Basil's reading, here's some interesting stats: Vs Djokovic, Chung won only 65% of his 1st serve points and 47% of 2nd serve points. Faced 19 BPs and was broken 5 times.

How much does everyone except for Nadal s**t their pants when playing Federer. They never play close to their level with so many unforced errors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s not because they s**t their pants. It’s because the balls coming from Federer have more spin, depth and variety which draws an error or a short ball to put away. It’s hard to see that on TV.

Last edited:
Lol. Please get rid of him already!

Though if Basil's reading, here's some interesting stats: Vs Djokovic, Chung won only 65% of his 1st serve points and 47% of 2nd serve points. Faced 19 BPs and was broken 5 times.

Chung has had a great tournament. But playing a 90% Federer is a much different proposition to a 60% Djokovic.

I’m not sure if it even makes sense but here goes. That was one of the more unconvincing yet dominating performances of Federer’s career, and I maintain that he’s not actually in the best of form this tournament. It’s a testament that despite that, he reaches the semi finals without dropping a set.

I just don’t think he’s ripping that backhand nearly as much, lots of unforced errors and generally in clumps at a time, but he’s playing so loose and with so much freedom that I don’t think he’s worried. He knows that he’ll turn it on when he needs to - late in the first set against Berdych last night for example.

He’s absolutely amazing. Not many players can play 7/10 the entire tournament and still cruise.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back