Andy Maher - Sorry but I don't get it

Remove this Banner Ad

Is Andy Maher's media career the hardest thing to kill since JCVD?

Fair dinkum, I flick on SEN and there he is regardless of the time slot.

It's like SEN is launching guerilla surprise attacks on our ears. He seems to be cropping up everywhere like some noxious weed.

Almost tempted to say give him a regular time slot so I know when to avoid SEN.

Bloke's career is harder to kill than a cockroach.
Obviously there are people who get their rocks off having someone shout at them in a boorish long winded way.

Maher is a f***ing pencil. Sucks off any guest that comes onto his show. Such an insufferable dipsh*t. Get rid of him FFS.

Pencils are useful though...

With him absent from summer breakfast when he was on it in December, and when Berry mentions that he's coming back in a couple of weeks. I couldn't help it, but I did drop my shoulders.

giphy.webp

Lol so after getting the ass a year later he is back full time.
He truly is a media cockroach.

Also just heard they replaced Mark and Ox who I wasnt actually a big fan of with KB and Dr Turd LMFAO that is a horrendous decision.

I have to find a new station any suggestions?

Still takes forever to ask a question. Most of the time the person he's interviewing can't even remember what the question was originally about by the time it's finally their chance to speak.

He was talking to someone about the NFL playoffs and the question went like this

“Well the Patriots won again in a come from behind effort, just as we have seen them do before, if you all recall the super bowl from last year, and they ah just keep getting over the line, so they are through to yet another Super Bowl, and you simply can’t write them off especially with Brady there....” etc etc it just went on and on and on

The eventual question was will they go in as favourites

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maher has a bad habit of producing a sermon in asking a question - The sermon often has the answer to the question.
He is doing well if he actually finishes the question before asking the next one, often all in one breath. Not very well educated, and couldnt sound more bogan like if they doubled his salary as incentive.

Maher has a bad habit of producing a sermon in asking a question - The sermon often has the answer to the question.

I think it stems from an inferiority complex .
He is such an arse kisser and so desperate not to offend or question anyone who he considers has achieved anything greater than himself (which is basically everyone he talks to on air) that in trying to cover whatever he says on a topic , it inevitably turns into an extended spiel that kills any initial interest .
This is then followed by , "i can't believe how quickly the time has flown today , we'll take a quick break and be back to wrap up"

Lol so after getting the ass a year later he is back full time.
He truly is a media cockroach.

Also just heard they replaced Mark and Ox who I wasnt actually a big fan of with KB and Dr Turd LMFAO that is a horrendous decision.

I have to find a new station any suggestions?
Digital radio---- sbs chill world music

Poor old Andy.

You have to wonder if numbers man Hutchy will notice all the SEN apps turning off between midday and 12.10pm.

Whateley signs off with gravitas after interviewing major sport CEOs, Buckley and the Premier.

Andy kicks off 'hoy everybodeeeee, todayyyy we are again speaking with someone else you've never heard of about something you don't give a s**t about in an annoying nasal voice....stay tuned!'

How long will Andeee survoyve this toime???????

I don't frequent this thread as I hardly listen to Andy Maher on SEN, but I was podcasting an interview earlier and agree with what's being said about his interviewing skills. It's pretty bad.

His preface to questions are clunky and verbose, and 8 out of 10 times when he finally asks the question it's normally "Where do you sit on that one?". What kind of question is that? It's so generic it's ridiculous. Ask a deeper question about a specific topic to get your guest thinking. If you ask a boring, broad question you're going to get a boring, broad answer.

I've done interviews for podcasts and small local radio shows before. I normally prepare dot points and think hard about what questions I want to ask and make sure I write them down so I know what I'm saying. That may seem very beginner-ish but it works and sounds clean

Last edited:
Andy Mahr has unquestionable bogan appeal, which you Bristol sound way to educated for.
You know its all about "drip trays" and "you blokes" and all that razamatazz.

Andy Mahr has unquestionable bogan appeal, which you Bristol sound way to educated for.
You know its all about "drip trays" and "you blokes" and all that razamatazz.

"Just having a great old chin wag over the drip tray you blokes"

Go Eagles, will be tuning into Andy after the SuperBowl if they get up.

Anyone remember the promo they ran one summer holiday period where, Maher said during the break he'd be hopefully cheering on the mighty Louisville Dancer to a win somewhere before coming back to work in the new year?

Has he admitted to knowing when it was on the gear yet?

While we're bagging him....

He used to talk about his girlfriend Kathy on SEN; Morning Glory had short, weekly segment called "Kath's Day". Well, 'Kath's Day' suddenly disappeared, and a few months later he married someone else!!

Him and Billy cracked many a joke about Greg Norman possibly having some overlap when he dumped his missus and hopped onto to Chris Evert, but they never entertained the possibility of Maher having any overlap in his relationships. Uncanny!
Ha :p
Juicy!

The biggest shock about that is that, at one time, he went out with a girl named Kathy, AND then married another woman.

How is that nerd getting ANY women, let alone two? It's as unrealistic as the nerds all having girlfriends on "Big Bang Theory".

Remove this Banner Ad

Back