Flameboy

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 1, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea
I don't get people who are bored by watching Federer win. Basically every other successful player on tour is a boring baseline slogger.
That's a completely subjective thing. I enjoy watching Rafa play the most out of anyone - are you going to tell me I am... wrong? :drunk:

May 20, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
I’m not sure if it even makes sense but here goes. That was one of the more unconvincing yet dominating performances of Federer’s career, and I maintain that he’s not actually in the best of form this tournament. It’s a testament that despite that, he reaches the semi finals without dropping a set.

I just don’t think he’s ripping that backhand nearly as much, lots of unforced errors and generally in clumps at a time, but he’s playing so loose and with so much freedom that I don’t think he’s worried. He knows that he’ll turn it on when he needs to - late in the first set against Berdych last night for example.

He’s absolutely amazing. Not many players can play 7/10 the entire tournament and still cruise.

It will be an interesting match up against Chung. Fed has Gasquet & Berdych well and truly head ****ed over the years (and you can probably add Cilic to that too if it happens to be the final) and those other 3 guys Bedene, Struff and Fucsovics are mid-late twenties journeyman. Chung is a different challenge at least.

Back