Australian Open Day 10

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't get people who are bored by watching Federer win. Basically every other successful player on tour is a boring baseline slogger.
That's a completely subjective thing. I enjoy watching Rafa play the most out of anyone - are you going to tell me I am... wrong? :drunk:

I’m not sure if it even makes sense but here goes. That was one of the more unconvincing yet dominating performances of Federer’s career, and I maintain that he’s not actually in the best of form this tournament. It’s a testament that despite that, he reaches the semi finals without dropping a set.

I just don’t think he’s ripping that backhand nearly as much, lots of unforced errors and generally in clumps at a time, but he’s playing so loose and with so much freedom that I don’t think he’s worried. He knows that he’ll turn it on when he needs to - late in the first set against Berdych last night for example.

He’s absolutely amazing. Not many players can play 7/10 the entire tournament and still cruise.

It will be an interesting match up against Chung. Fed has Gasquet & Berdych well and truly head ****ed over the years (and you can probably add Cilic to that too if it happens to be the final) and those other 3 guys Bedene, Struff and Fucsovics are mid-late twenties journeyman. Chung is a different challenge at least.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back