Player Sponsorship BF CATS Player Sponsorship 2018: pledges

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok...I'm in....assuming we get enough sponsors.

Got to say a little irritated that the total cost to sponsor relatively new players keeps going up...requiring more pledgers to invest...
Yep, I miss Trav
Who are we sponsorsing?

Yep, I miss Trav
Who are we sponsorsing?
More than likely announced next Monday or Tuesday I believe

Go Catters

You might need to kick in another 20 pledges if we are to get to the Sam range. ;)
I'll kick in one more to make it $100.

I was under the impression that the price hike for 2nd year players wasn't that substantial, or am I wrong?

I was under the impression that the price hike for 2nd year players wasn't that substantial, or am I wrong?
depends on your definition of substantial....

And down KP way.... its changed a lot.

GO Catters

depends on your definition of substantial....

And down KP way.... its changed a lot.

GO Catters
Being part of the Varcoe and Cockatoo sponsorship the 2nd year didn't differ too much from the first.

It was about 40%.

We will give everyone a crack at one $50 pledge before we ask for a repeat shout. But thanks for your generosity.

Can you pls explain how this works?
Broadly, a pledge is $50 which goes toward a Geelong Board sponsorship of a particular player. That sponsorship gives us certain benefits which we allocate to the pledgers based on a prize draw. Prizes include things like inner sanctum experiences, tickets to season launch event, etc.

You also get a badge on your name. Like “SIMPSON17” from last season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Broadly, a pledge is $50 which goes toward a Geelong Board sponsorship of a particular player. That sponsorship gives us certain benefits which we allocate to the pledgers based on a prize draw. Prizes include things like inner sanctum experiences, tickets to season launch event, etc.

You also get a badge on your name. Like “SIMPSON17” from last season.
Sorry, badly worded question- have been a sponsor 8x, but just your comment regarding the "price" of sponsoring a Sam Simpson for instance, as opposed to other players, and on that matter, why not Cocky? Varcoe had several years there...

Sorry, badly worded question- have been a sponsor 8x, but just your comment regarding the "price" of sponsoring a Sam Simpson for instance, as opposed to other players, and on that matter, why not Cocky? Varcoe had several years there...
I’m new to being involved in the organising but my understanding is they place players in different sponsorship ‘tiers’ starting at ‘academy’ for the new draftees, up to ‘Senior’ for the likes of Simpson, and presumably some premium tiers for Hawkins, Dangerfield, Selwood, etc. The tiers determine the price. Simpson is about 50% more than the new draftees.

The way it worked in the past in terms of tiers/prices that allowed us to have Varcoe for several years must have been different.

It was about 40%.

We will give everyone a crack at one $50 pledge before we ask for a repeat shout. But thanks for your generosity.
So a player who is still a rookie has jumped up 40%

F**k me what a rort

I’m new to being involved in the organising but my understanding is they place players in different sponsorship ‘tiers’ starting at ‘academy’ for the new draftees, up to ‘Senior’ for the likes of Simpson, and presumably some premium tiers for Hawkins, Dangerfield, Selwood, etc. The tiers determine the price. Simpson is about 50% more than the new draftees.

The way it worked in the past in terms of tiers/prices that allowed us to have Varcoe for several years must have been different.
Sounds unnecessarily complex to me.
Personally got involved as a bit of fun and because it was Varcoe.
The player matters imo. None of those benefits for the pledger are applicable to me.
But I'm in.

As one on the supporter and then the peripheral organizational side, there have also been occasions as I understand it where we had a 50% share of the player - not being the sole sponsor I believe - thus enabling a higher profile player to be maintained. THat also may have a been a unique environment that came about as we were the players legacy sponsor ( Varcoe )
I’m not sure if that environment still exists and I may be wrong ... again..

Go Catters

Last edited:
The player matters imo. None of those benefits for the pledger are applicable to me.
But I'm in.
We don’t design it, I’m sure you appreciate.

But there’s a logic to it from the club’s perspective. It’s a fundraiser at the end of the day. They maximise the fundraising by “exploiting” the best players.

Thanks for being on board again. Hopefully we back a future premiership player like we did with Varcoe.

As one on the supporter and then the peripheral organizational side, there have also been occasions as I understand it where we had a 50% share of the player - not being the sole sponsor I believe - thus enabling a higher profile player to be maintained. THat also may have a been a unique environment that came about as we were the players legacy sponsor ( Varcoe )
I’m not sure if that environment still exists and I may be wrong ... again..

Go Catters
I know we weren't the only sponsor of Cockatoo which might answer my previous thoughts on why it seemed the price hike to sponsor him in his second season wasn't that substantial.

But I'm in.
Hopefully you win the signed guernsey in the draw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back