Unsolved Hayley Dodd Murder & Trial Updates

Sherrinator2018

Debutant
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Seriously!! What political group funded by which union are on big footy and which do you belong to?

Dan started many threads here, with mostly interesting information I thought, on a variety of missing or murdered victims. However "map spamming" rather than personal attacks were a feature of Dan's posts. This seemed to happen when challenged that his maps were incorrect or meaningless. He responded by posting multiple copies of said maps often in multiple threads. A couple of maps did have interesting information but he could not reproduce or explain them and I assume he got them from somewhere else, not even his.

Not sure why you mention I post in other threads (who doesn't?), especially Pell where Dan and you just jumped in with no idea and with almost the same words. Both of you are not clever enough to know you've missed the point completely. Using the same words as Wacko Kooky again in this thread, so why don't you man up and admit it?
bah haaa haaaaaa in the same thread!

Dan Baker

Club Legend
Jan 12, 2017
Conspiracy Not
AFL Club
West Coast
Think it was Mr Whacko Kooky.

It's the only bit of the post I understand.

Im not going to enter into some petty bickering about your slander. I guess the difference is, I have my cards down on the table. I have the invested information. Some of that info has been deleted, and hidden. Maybe for court purposes. I'm happily proved wrong long term but it looks like I'm the only one with the balls, fact and the links to back up much what I have said.

For the most part, when people look back, the rest are just here for the cheap shots with little original comment. Quick to attack people who have no right of reply.

Interesting now, not sure Wark would get parole being the the hitch hiker killer.

Will we ever hear of Hayleys stashing place? Where would the rest of her possessions be? She had a backpack? What other items did she have in the bag? No doubt that backpack is somewhere. Nothing found?

An hour and half. That is an hour window really. 30 minutes to do what he did.

Fellow motorcycle enthusiast Catherine Mary Edwards had been staying at Wark's house for the previous two nights with her boyfriend Paul Springer and said the couple began their journey back to Perth around 8.30am that morning while the accused went to Moora for an appointment.

Wark claims he shopped and went to the bank, video store, post office and newsagent before stopping at the bakery for lunch.
"I thought that he had a definite appointment there. I was never told what it was," Ms Edwards told the WA Supreme Court on Thursday via video link from Albany.

The state says Wark lured Ms Dodd into his ute between 11.40am and midday, murdered her and disposed of her body before 1.36pm when he paid an account at Badgingarra roadhouse while riding his motorcycle to Perth.

He planned to go to Ms Edwards and Mr Springer's Beaconsfield house as they were having a party that weekend but had an accident in the city's southern suburbs and was taken to hospital.

Prosecutor Amanda Burrows told the court during openings that when Wark quit his local job as a part-time primary school gardener, he told people he had terminal cancer and was going to Queensland to die.

http://www.watoday.com.au/wa-news/h...tant-to-reveal-movements-20171019-gz4cch.html

Mr Spry said during the two-hour trip, Hayley, who had planned to visit a friend’s farm near Moora, was looking at a map and held her backpack on her lap before placing it at her feet.
https://thewest.com.au/news/crime/h...hayley-dodds-last-conversations-ng-b88627343z

30 minutes at 100 km/h from Warks house as a rough guide.

aL2cuO5.jpg

Last edited:

metic

Club Legend
Nov 20, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
http://decisions.justice.wa.gov.au/...2b4825821d000ba8bd?Open&Name=Supreme/SupCourt

THE STATE OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA -v- WARK [No 2] [2018] WASC 18
Jurisdiction:SUPREME COURT OF WESTERN AUSTRALIACitation No:[2018] WASC 18Case No:INS:370/2016Heard:9 OCTOBER - 24 NOVEMBER 2017Coram:JENKINS JDelivered:22/01/18No of pages:196Judgment Part:3 of 4Result:

Theres a whole lot of information to look at further in the pdf link .

Oct 12, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Im not going to enter into some petty bickering about your slander. I guess the difference is, I have my cards down on the table. I have the invested information. Some of that info has been deleted, and hidden. Maybe for court purposes. I'm happily proved wrong long term but it looks like I'm the only one with the balls, fact and the links to back up much what I have said.

For the most part, when people look back, the rest are just here for the cheap shots with little original comment. Quick to attack people who have no right of reply.

Interesting now, not sure Wark would get parole being the the hitch hiker killer.

Will we ever hear of Hayleys stashing place? Where would the rest of her possessions be? She had a backpack? What other items did she have in the bag? No doubt that backpack is somewhere. Nothing found?

An hour and half. That is an hour window really. 30 minutes to do what he did.

Fellow motorcycle enthusiast Catherine Mary Edwards had been staying at Wark's house for the previous two nights with her boyfriend Paul Springer and said the couple began their journey back to Perth around 8.30am that morning while the accused went to Moora for an appointment.

Wark claims he shopped and went to the bank, video store, post office and newsagent before stopping at the bakery for lunch.
"I thought that he had a definite appointment there. I was never told what it was," Ms Edwards told the WA Supreme Court on Thursday via video link from Albany.

The state says Wark lured Ms Dodd into his ute between 11.40am and midday, murdered her and disposed of her body before 1.36pm when he paid an account at Badgingarra roadhouse while riding his motorcycle to Perth.

He planned to go to Ms Edwards and Mr Springer's Beaconsfield house as they were having a party that weekend but had an accident in the city's southern suburbs and was taken to hospital.

Prosecutor Amanda Burrows told the court during openings that when Wark quit his local job as a part-time primary school gardener, he told people he had terminal cancer and was going to Queensland to die.

http://www.watoday.com.au/wa-news/h...tant-to-reveal-movements-20171019-gz4cch.html

Mr Spry said during the two-hour trip, Hayley, who had planned to visit a friend’s farm near Moora, was looking at a map and held her backpack on her lap before placing it at her feet.
https://thewest.com.au/news/crime/h...hayley-dodds-last-conversations-ng-b88627343z

30 minutes at 100 km/h from Warks house as a rough guide.

aL2cuO5.jpg
There is no slander Dan, you signed your posts multiple times as Mr Whacko Kocky and sometimes added tinfoil. I praised your early posts in multiple threads you started as they contained interesting summary of information in each.

However when you spam map postings and make untrue statements about them or they have no relevance to anything being discussed, what sort of cards are those you have on the table?

Maps are still here when you stated many times that Claremont Post Office, Southern Cross PO and Kalgoorlie PO are in a straight line. That is not true. You even posted a close up of a line going through Southern Cross saying that it proved your statement. Again this was false. If you continued the line connecting Southern Cross and Kalgoorlie PO you would come to North Perth PO. It doesn't come close to Claremont PO and is about 9 km away.

Some of the information was true but you make so many false claims that gets overlooked. Also some of the maps are interesting and could be useful is you provide the link to the original so it can be zoomed in on and locations pinpointed. This shouldn't be a problem, if you are the one producing these map.s

Oct 12, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
http://decisions.justice.wa.gov.au/__482562ff000972b4.nsf/6c31d3fe4d9d6e61482565cb00104355/765ac26d3571662b4825821d000ba8bd?Open&Name=Supreme/SupCourt

Jurisdiction:SUPREME COURT OF WESTERN AUSTRALIACitation No:[2018] WASC 18Case No:INS:370/2016Heard:9 OCTOBER - 24 NOVEMBER 2017Coram:JENKINS JDelivered:22/01/18No of pages:196Judgment Part:3 of 4Result:

Many conflicting witness reports for the Judge to sift through!

Thought this one was interesting. Mr Smiler who bought Wark's house a few months later. Didn't see anything although on North West Rd about the same time, travelling to Moora for a Dr's appointment, but he got day wrong.

261 On 29 July 1999 at about 1.15 pm Mr Peter Boucher, Mr Smiler284 and a shearer called Tim285 left Badgingarra Research Station in Winjardie Road, where they all lived, in Mr Smiler's 1969 Fairlane. Mr Boucher said that they first drove to Badgingarra where Mr Smiler bought some shearing equipment. However he is wrong about that as the Rural Traders' records show that Mr Smiler bought the equipment on 30 July 1999.286 They then drove to Moora along North West Road. Mr Boucher said that he did not notice anyone walking along the road or hitchhiking. If there was, he said that he would have noticed. They arrived at the doctor's surgery in Moora at approximately 1.50 pm.287 Mr Smiler and Mr Boucher went into the surgery and Tim stayed in the car. Thus, they would have driven along North West Road from Winjardie Road to Moora well after 1.00 pm. Mr Smiler had the incorrect day for his appointment, so they left the doctor's surgery. Mr Boucher and Tim went to different banks. After that they went and picked up some stores from Melrose supermarket.288 This is consistent with Mr Westbrook's evidence that he saw Mr Smiler in Moora between 2.30 pm - 3.15 pm. They then visited another shearer in Moora. They drove back to the research station at about 5.30 pm. On the way back to the quarters, Mr Boucher did not see anyone walking along the road.289

Dan Baker

Club Legend
Jan 12, 2017
Conspiracy Not
AFL Club
West Coast
There is no slander Dan, you signed your posts multiple times as Mr Whacko Kocky and sometimes added tinfoil. I praised your early posts in multiple threads you started as they contained interesting summary of information in each.

Yeah, your content was out of context as usual when someone had no right of reply. Lucky I'm back hey.

A piss take on the earlier posts. Its got beyond a joke. Carry on like a bunch of kids at school considering the seriousness of the matter.

Oct 12, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
http://decisions.justice.wa.gov.au/__482562ff000972b4.nsf/6c31d3fe4d9d6e61482565cb00104355/765ac26d3571662b4825821d000ba8bd?Open&Name=Supreme/SupCourt

Sifting though the information from the telstra workers ... phew?? Some of it got chucked! What were the cops doing casually turning up to a farm they were working on? When does that happen?

167 Between 7.30 am and 8.00 am on 29 July 1999,185 Telstra employees including Mr Les Cousins, Mr Graham Burnett, Mr Bruce Smith, Mr Leonard Hale, and Mr Keith Barrett had a meeting at the Telstra depot in Moora. The meeting finished at about 10.30 am and the men then dispersed and went about their duties.186

168 Mr Hale drove from Moora to Jurien Bay, via North West Road. He was driving a white Nissan Patrol utility, around a 1996 model, which was a tray top ute with cabinets and ladder racks on the back. The utility had two ladders on the back and a large HF radio telephone aerial on the front left-hand side. It was also displaying Telstra signage. He saw Ms Dodd in the stretch of road between Wathingarra Road and Badgingarra Road,187 which is 6.7 km long.188 Mr Hale was only able to estimate that he saw Ms Dodd at about 11.30 am, somewhere along that stretch of road.189 The accused submits that Mr Hale would have seen Ms Dodd just after 11.00 am, and just past the intersection of Badgingarra Road with North West Road. I do not think Mr Hale's evidence permits me to be so precise in my findings.

193 After the Telstra morning meeting, Mr Smith and Mr Burnett worked together for the rest of the day because Mr Smith was relatively new to Telstra in Moora. On the other hand, Mr Burnett was very familiar with the job and the area having worked for Telstra in Moora as a linesman between 1985 -1997. He worked in the area again from 1998 - 2006.

194 At about midday, Mr Smith and Mr Burnett left Moora in convoy. Mr Burnett was leading the way in a white Nissan Patrol 4WD station wagon with four doors. Mr Smith said that his own vehicle was just two doors with a cab and that he had an equipment box on the back, whereas Mr Burnett said that Mr Smith was driving a Toyota LandCruiser station wagon. On the rooves they each had ladders and tubes for pipes and cables.

195 In evidence-in-chief, Mr Smith initially said that they drove north from Moora up Midlands Road to a telephone exchange which was east of Midlands Road. He said that he would have arrived at about 12.40 pm. He even pointed to the area on a map which was to the east of Midlands Road, which is a long way from North West Road. He said that they were there for about 20 - 25 minutes. At about 1.15 pm - 1.20 pm he said they drove back to the Cook Farm. Mr Smith said that they drove in a southerly direction. They turned right, back into the street on which they had driven in. When they were driving down a hill he said he saw a young girl standing on the side of the road, looking for a lift. He said that she was she was standing at a T-junction where they turned right.

196 When he was asked to identify where the Cook farm was, he said that he was certain that it was on Midlands Road, about 5 or 6 km up on the left-hand side. Mr Smith said that Mr Burnett was driving about 100 m in front of him. They had stopped at the T-junction and the girl was standing on the opposite side of the road, heading north.

197 Mr Smith testified that the girl did not put her finger out to indicate she was looking for a lift. Mr Smith said that when they got to the Cook farm at about 1.30 pm, he asked Mr Burnett 'Did you see the young girl standing on the side of the road' and Mr Burnett said 'no'.

198 Mr Smith described the girl as wearing blue jeans, a jumper tied around her waist and wearing a light coloured top. He said that she was about 16 - 17.

199 Mr Burnett and Mr Smith did some work at the Cook farm and Mr Burnett left at one point to go back to the exchange. Mr Smith remained on the property. After a time Mr Burnett returned. After about 45 minutes to one hour, they returned to Moora. Neither man saw a girl on the side of the road on the way back to Moora.

200 Whilst they were at the Cook farm, some police officers arrived. Mr Smith believes that this was just after he had driven through the gate, ready to go up to the house.

202 He agreed that he had called his then wife from the first telephone exchange he and Mr Burnett worked at that day. The evidence shows that call was made from the Yallalie exchange at about 1.10 pm. He also agreed that when he made his statement in 2002 he had said that the exchange was on Coomberdale West Road at the intersection of Muthawandery West Road. He had said that to get there they had driven on North West Road to Coomberdale West Road. On the return journey when they drove out of Coomberdale West Road onto North West Road, he had seen the girl.

203 Despite giving completely different evidence in examination-in-chief to that which he gave in cross-examination about his location and about where he saw the girl, he said that he would 'always remember' seeing the girl.218

204 Mr Burnett, in his evidence-in-chief, was clear that he and Mr Smith had driven out of Moora to the Yallalie exchange situated on the corner of Muthawandery and Coomberdale West Road. He estimated that they left Moora at about 12.30 pm. He said that he knew where they were going and so he was leading the way.

207 Mr Burnett testified that he did not see any person or anything unusual when he drove down Coalara Road, onto North West Road and to the Cook farm.220 He said that he would have stopped at the corner of Coalara Road before he turned into North West Road, and looked for traffic but he could not remember whether there was any traffic or not.

208 Mr Burnett said that when he arrived at the Cook farm gate, he could not see the system they had to work on. He drove east on North West Road for about 2 km to the location of another pit on the Richards farm. He did not see anyone on the side of the road. He did not recall seeing or passing any cars on the way to or from the Cook farm.221

209 Mr Burnett still could not see the equipment he needed so he drove back to the Yallalie exchange, via the same route, made a phone call and cancelled the job. Mr Burnett was at the exchange for about 20 minutes. Mr Smith did not go back to the exchange. Mr Smith went to the Cook farm to commence work which needed to be done inside a farm house. Mr Burnett did not see any person on the side of the road during the journey to or from the exchange.222

210 Mr Burnett then drove back to the Cook farm. When Mr Burnett got back, he decided that there was a part of the job that he could do to help out the next linesman who would work on the job. He drove back up North West Road about 2 km to the pit on the Richards farm. He then returned to the Cook farm no more than 35 - 40 minutes later. He said that it was then close to 3.00 pm.223 This time is confirmed by Constable Shane Wheeler who was at the farm between 2.50 pm and 3.00 pm and saw two Telstra vehicles.224 Once he and Mr Smith finished at the Cook farm they drove back to Moora on North West Road. It would have been between 3.00 pm - 3.30 pm and Mr Burnett did not see anyone on the road.

Oct 12, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Sighting by Bradley Davis

214 Mr Bradley Davies said226 that in 1999,227 he was touring the north-west of Western Australia in his green Datsun 120Y sedan. When he returned to Perth that year, he gave a lift to man called Jason. He could not recall the exact route he took but he thought that together they drove from the north along the inland road to and through Moora. An inference available is that the inland road was North West Road. He remembered seeing a very young looking girl on the left-hand side of the road. He thought that she was wearing a white top. About an hour or so later, a white Toyota LandCruiser came 'flying up' behind him while he was travelling at 105 km per hour. It backed off for a bit and was being driven erratically. Then it accelerated and overtook him at speed. As it was passing, he saw the girl who he had seen hitchhiking and who believes to be Ms Dodd, looking out the window at him. The window was up and she had the palms of her hands pressed up against the glass. He did not see the driver. Mr Davies soon lost sight of the Toyota.

215 Unfortunately, Mr Davies could not be found in order for a witness summons to be served on him. Consequently, his witness statement was read into evidence by consent and I did not hear his explanation as to why his statement was not given until 2010.

216 It is notable that no other witness recalled seeing a speeding white LandCruiser. Also, there is a lack of specificity in Mr Davies' evidence about the date, time, location of his sightings and his description of the girl he said he saw. It does not make sense that he would have seen Ms Dodd on North West Road and then an hour or so later have seen the LandCruiser pass him, as it would have only take about 35 minutes to drive from Badgingarra to Moora along North West Road at 105 km per hour. I do not place any weight on Mr Davies' evidence.

metic

Club Legend
Nov 20, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Did I read front of the West in a petrol station this morning that Wark may appeal?

Anyone seen todays West /Sunday Times?
Yes DB that sounds highly likely , many news reports wrote that in the last few days.
Only 1 on my wierd-s**t-o-meter ...

Oct 12, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle

Rate this one on your shite -o - metre

Was Hayley going to the "Seldom Seen" farm to see Jamie Smith? He used to go to the PO with Wark, Wark saw him there on the day, has no alibi for when Hayley went missing and he can't remember what he was doing on that day despite being spoken to by police a few days after.
Evidence of Mr Jamie Smith

267 In 1999 Mr Jamie Smith was a friend of Bradley Hammond.297 He must have also been friendly with the accused as he used to go into the Australia Post shop in Moora with him.298

268 Mr Smith had lived on Seldom Seen farm on and off for one to two years over a period which included his 17th birthday which was on 1 October 1998. He was friends with Bradley Hammond and knew members of his family, including Keith Hammond. Whilst he was staying at the farm, Ms Dodd came to visit on a couple of occasions with Kristal Hammond and Ms Dodd's sister. On his 17th birthday he had drinks at the Badgingarra Tavern with a small group of friends. Ms Dodd was present.299 Mr Smith said that although he regarded Ms Dodd as a friend, he would not have invited her to Badgingarra especially for that occasion. Consequently, she must have been staying at the farm at the beginning of October 1998.300

269 Mr Smith was an unimpressive witness. He claimed to have no recollection of what he was doing on 29 July 1999, despite being spoken to by the police a few days later about that topic and reading his statement in preparation for court.301 Mr Smith did not give evidence that he had an alibi for the time Ms Dodd went missing. He claimed to not have seen Ms Dodd around the time she went missing and to have no involvement in her disappearance.302 It was not suggested to him that he was lying in that regard.

270 Mr Smith may have had an opportunity to offend against Ms Dodd on 29 July 1999. He knew her as a friend and there is no evidence before me that he did not have the opportunity to encounter her. The accused told the police that he saw Mr Smith at the post office on 29 July 1999.303 This is as far as I can go. To make any further findings in respect to Mr Smith would be to speculate about matters which are not in evidence.

metic

Club Legend
Nov 20, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
'Mr Piggy'
Warks dog possibly was named Miss Piggy because of the pigdog type breed...
A man pulled over on roadside says he heard a scream and dog barking around the time of H.D's disappearance.
Why would the dog bark, perhaps she got jealous or excited ?
Perhaps theres rspca records or history of Warks or McConnells dogs being mistreated..
Pictures of potential dog breed miss piggy, Warks traveling copilot .

https://goo.gl/images/zToFsh

https://goo.gl/images/wuuVua
66d838c5906de468e217ac0d26b70be2.jpg
d25de1e7157d697b1ce6da32295f763e.jpg
f3a413b6d2ca2cc267767dafe273e9e5.jpg

metic

Club Legend
Nov 20, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
"Although he did not make a lot of friends, Wark did his best to fit in, joining the local darts team and selling himself as something of a local handyman who would roar around town on his Moto Guzzi motorcycle with his beloved bull terrier Miss Piggy perched on the fuel tank.

He was trusted enough to be offered a part-time job as the gardener at the local primary school."

The floors were dirt in some of the rooms, yet somehow Wark managed to attract a Filipino wife to live there with him in 1992. Their relationship was rumoured to be violent and they had split up well before Hayley’s murder.

Wark headed east on his bike with Miss Piggy to start a new life.

When asked if he would have let his victim go, his words were chilling.

“I doubt it.” "

https://thewest.com.au/news/wa/the-real-frank-wark-from-quiet-man-to-sadistic-rapist-ng-b88723389z

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
'Mr Piggy'
Warks dog possibly was named Miss Piggy because of the pigdog type breed...
A man pulled over on roadside says he heard a scream and dog barking around the time of H.D's disappearance.
Why would the dog bark, perhaps she got jealous or excited ?
Perhaps theres rspca records or history of Warks or McConnells dogs being mistreated..
Pictures of potential dog breed miss piggy, Warks traveling copilot .

https://goo.gl/images/zToFsh

https://goo.gl/images/wuuVua
66d838c5906de468e217ac0d26b70be2.jpg
d25de1e7157d697b1ce6da32295f763e.jpg
f3a413b6d2ca2cc267767dafe273e9e5.jpg
They do say pets and owners start to morph into one an the other

sprockets

Cancelled
Crime Board Sleuth BeanCoiNFT Investor
Oct 15, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
"Although he did not make a lot of friends, Wark did his best to fit in, joining the local darts team and selling himself as something of a local handyman who would roar around town on his Moto Guzzi motorcycle with his beloved bull terrier Miss Piggy perched on the fuel tank.

He was trusted enough to be offered a part-time job as the gardener at the local primary school."

The floors were dirt in some of the rooms, yet somehow Wark managed to attract a Filipino wife to live there with him in 1992. Their relationship was rumoured to be violent and they had split up well before Hayley’s murder.

Wark headed east on his bike with Miss Piggy to start a new life.

When asked if he would have let his victim go, his words were chilling.

“I doubt it.” "

https://thewest.com.au/news/wa/the-real-frank-wark-from-quiet-man-to-sadistic-rapist-ng-b88723389z
Moto Guzzi? He's no 'bikie' and yes I'm serious, they just don't ride them.

Oct 12, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Thanks BlueE I think I can see the area of Appeal that might be tried
I don't know if pointing to other perps would be an avenue of appeal, but would have thought there are a couple of other avenues. Have to wait and see.

My weird shite - 0 - metre doesn't know what to make of Jamie Smiths evidence. My imagination could come up with a few things. Wonder if he was related to telstra worker Smith in the Toyota Ute?

Oct 12, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Tom Percy on the No body No Parole law. https://www.perthnow.com.au/opinion/tom-percy/tom-percy-tragic-flaw-in-the-law-ng-b88725544z

The provisions of the Criminal Code make all sorts of people guilty of homicide although they played no part in the infliction of any fatal injuries to the deceased.

The State Government’s new Sentence Administration Amendment Bill 2017 proposes that anyone involved (which is widely defined) in a homicide will never be eligible for release on parole unless they reveal the location of the victim’s remains.

The motivation behind the Bill is entirely sensible and the recovery of victim’s remains an integral part of the grieving family being able to come to terms with their loss.

After Francis John Wark was this week found guilty of the 1999 murder of teenager Hayley Dodd, her family had a message for the 61-year-old killer: “Tell us where Hayley is so we can put her to rest.”

However, this proposed legislation is crude, blunt and poorly thought out.

An incentive to reveal the location of a victim’s remains is a noble idea, but any legislation dealing the matter should take into account the fact that there will be many cases where that information is simply not in the offender’s knowledge.

It is palpably unfair to deal with those offenders who may have been on the periphery of a homicide as severely as those who acted alone and callously refused to reveal the last location of their victim.

sprockets

Cancelled
Oct 15, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
Tom Percy on the No body No Parole law. https://www.perthnow.com.au/opinion/tom-percy/tom-percy-tragic-flaw-in-the-law-ng-b88725544z

The provisions of the Criminal Code make all sorts of people guilty of homicide although they played no part in the infliction of any fatal injuries to the deceased.

The State Government’s new Sentence Administration Amendment Bill 2017 proposes that anyone involved (which is widely defined) in a homicide will never be eligible for release on parole unless they reveal the location of the victim’s remains.

The motivation behind the Bill is entirely sensible and the recovery of victim’s remains an integral part of the grieving family being able to come to terms with their loss.

After Francis John Wark was this week found guilty of the 1999 murder of teenager Hayley Dodd, her family had a message for the 61-year-old killer: “Tell us where Hayley is so we can put her to rest.”

However, this proposed legislation is crude, blunt and poorly thought out.

An incentive to reveal the location of a victim’s remains is a noble idea, but any legislation dealing the matter should take into account the fact that there will be many cases where that information is simply not in the offender’s knowledge.

It is palpably unfair to deal with those offenders who may have been on the periphery of a homicide as severely as those who acted alone and callously refused to reveal the last location of their victim.
Depends on how the law's actually written, ie, what does the LAW state? I don't for one second believe that 'someone on the periphery' will be subject to the legislation.

sprockets

Cancelled
Oct 15, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
Depends on how the law's actually written, ie, what does the LAW state? I don't for one second believe that 'someone on the periphery' will be subject to the legislation.
For example, in Vic:

""74AAA Conditions for making a parole order for person imprisoned for murder

(1) The Board must not make a parole order under section 74 in respect of a prisoner serving a prison sentence for an offence of murder or conspiracy to commit murder unless the Board is satisfied that the prisoner has cooperated satisfactorily in the investigation of the offence to identify the location, or the last known location, of the remains of the victim of the offence. ..."

http://www.legislation.vic.gov.au/d...0177a46ca257f62007843a6/$FILE/581PM10bi1.docx

I just checked for WA and it's the same. http://www.parliament.wa.gov.au/Par...6001D91AF/$file/ls.sab.171128.rpf.034 (1).pdf

Back