Australian Open - Day 14

Federer or Cilic?

• Federer

Votes: 39 86.7%
  • Cilic

Votes: 6 13.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

At the beginning of the fifth? Where Federer gave up break points?

It was how he composed himself and won the game which gave it away. Plus, how he easily took the first break from Cilic. Roger is one of the best in the game and this game was a highly likely win for him.

You can’t say anything critical about Federer. Like how he chucked a tantrum at the start of the 5th set.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Again...so what. All players get frustrated. His ‘tantrum’ was so mild it’s really not worth discussing.
Players curse and scream all the time.
Brilliant 5th set by GOAT.
Amazing.

AUSTRALIAN Open runner-up Simona Halep was reportedly admitted to hospital after her loss to Caroline Wozniacki in the women’s final on Saturday night.

ESPN has reported that Halep, who was treated during the second set of the final for a headache and dizziness, spent four hours in hospital and was treated for dehydration.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
I’m sure it was tough but really the match was slightly over 2 hours 45 mins with what low 30s to high 20s temperature and no sun.
Halep might need to look at her fluid intake regime if that match stressed her system enough to need hospitalization.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is being a chair umpire in tennis is easiest gig in the world?

Ball boys, line-umpires do all the heavy lifting whilst you just repeat the scores after every point.
Sitting on court when it’s 50+ * that

Considering AO was Djokovic's backyard for so long it's impressive that Fed has equaled him.
It's very impressive. I thought Federer wouldn't win here again after his injury troubles in 2016.

His resurgence has surprised many and enhanced his status as the GOAT of tennis.

Back