Review R1 v Kangaroos @ Cazalys (24 March 2018)

Remove this Banner Ad

GC2015

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
72 days until this one. Who's excited!?!?

I think we're a huge chance to win this one, especially given it's in Cairns. I don't rate North very highly at this point in time so I'm very hopefully that we'll start the season 1-0. Can't wait to see Lachie in the red and gold either.

Should be nice and hot , not good for a travellin team , we have a new coach for the team to impress , North have gutted there list in recent times , so after all that if we get within 10 goals of them i will be happy;) , no we should start season 1-0 .

My team 2 months out , i expect a fair few to push there case

B Joyce , Thompson , Harbrow
HB Hanley , May , Kolo
C Weller , Swallow , Rosa
HF Young , Lynch , Martin
F Ainsworth , Wright , AhChee

Foll Witts , Lyons , Barlow

INT Hall , Brodie , Rischitelli , Miller

Emerg Scrimshaw , Fiorini , Sexton

72 days until this one. Who's excited!?!?

I think we're a huge chance to win this one, especially given it's in Cairns. I don't rate North very highly at this point in time so I'm very hopefully that we'll start the season 1-0. Can't wait to see Lachie in the red and gold either.

I felt exactly the same before Rnd 1 last year :(

I don't think I could feel worse that after that game - pissed away the season after 20 mins

Exactly. Before Quarter Time the season was in the toilet, that imposter Eade had been exposed, he couldn’t get his talented team up and about for its opening game of the season at home against its biggest rival.
He got a beautiful Superannuation Top Up though care of those idiots at AFL House who are more interested in Sexual Harassment and Using their jobs to try and cheat on their wives.
God I hope Dew is special.

Exactly. Before Quarter Time the season was in the toilet, that imposter Eade had been exposed, he couldn’t get his talented team up and about for its opening game of the season at home against its biggest rival.
He got a beautiful Superannuation Top Up though care of those idiots at AFL House who are more interested in Sexual Harassment and Using their jobs to try and cheat on their wives.
God I hope Dew is special.
Believe me, Rocket was a massive step up from Bluey McKenna who wasn't even good enough to hold down an assistants job at Essendon
In the future you may accept he cut out a huge amount of dead flesh from a dying patient and hopefully Dew will be the mad scientist to rehabilitate said patient and make it the 6 billion dollar man

Believe me, Rocket was a massive step up from Bluey McKenna who wasn't even good enough to hold down an assistants job at Essendon
In the future you may accept he cut out a huge amount of dead flesh from a dying patient and hopefully Dew will be the mad scientist to rehabilitate said patient and make it the 6 billion dollar man

Don’t disagree on Bluey....anything that comes out of the Mainwaring, Chick and then Cousins, Gardiner, Kerr eras has to be toxic.
Drug Enabling club and fan base happy to turn a blind eye to lives being destroyed so long as the team is winning.
GWS got Sheedy and we got Bluey-what a joke.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It certainly is a must win. It's one of the lost 'home' games. If we can win a good portion of these sort of home games, we are on the right track.
Especially against a team like north.
I agree. If we can stay on track in terms of our 'home' games in the first half of the season then we set ourselves up for a crack at the finals with so many real home games in the back half of the year. We should all be cautiously optimistic about beating the Kangas in round 1 and starting the season with a bang. I know people don't like to look ahead but we have Carlton in round 2 which is probably winnable as well. I say winnable because they just lost their best midfielder in Gibbs and we actually beat them at Etihad early last year thanks to a Lynchy masterclass. So that's two matches we can probably win of four 'home' games we have before the bye. Then we just have to find a way to win two of the following matches; Dockers in Perth, Eagles in Perth, Lions in Brisbane, Crows in Adelaide, Bulldogs in Ballarat, Demons in Brisbane and Port in China. I don't think it's unreasonable to suggest we can win four matches in our first nine. We just need to stay on track with our home games and we give ourselves a chance.

Seems to me GC is being underrated. The bookies are projecting GC for the wooden spoon which seems unlikely given they will be looking for wins and will have a decent not great team.

I'm on GC +1.5 in round 1 and +22.5 vs Freo in round 3 (both at home).

I'm expecting NM to finish last so not sure how they are favs with Crownbet.

Seems to me GC is being underrated. The bookies are projecting GC for the wooden spoon which seems unlikely given they will be looking for wins and will have a decent not great team.

I'm on GC +1.5 in round 1 and +22.5 vs Freo in round 3 (both at home).

I'm expecting NM to finish last so not sure how they are favs with Crownbet.

You must of missed of Rd.1 debacle last year when we where raging hot favs against brissy at home . I’m going to give myself the 2 jlt games to see dews game plan in action and see the players adapt before betting on us against the Roos.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I may be incorrect here, but I seem to remember reading somewhere after that 1st Round "debacle", that the Suns chose to advise their players of the unfortunate passing of Pearce Hanley's brother just prior to the game, as they received the news, whereas The Lions chose to tell their players of Cian Hanley's brother's passing, after the game....was that a factor in their performance that day?
Maybe so, and I believe we erred in passing that info on at that time, but then they came out the following week and got smashed by 16 goals, so maybe not....

I may be incorrect here, but I seem to remember reading somewhere after that 1st Round "debacle", that the Suns chose to advise their players of the unfortunate passing of Pearce Hanley's brother just prior to the game, as they received the news, whereas The Lions chose to tell their players of Cian Hanley's brother's passing, after the game....was that a factor in their performance that day?
Maybe so, and I believe we erred in passing that info on at that time, but then they came out the following week and got smashed by 16 goals, so maybe not....
I'm not sure if that's right. I remember after the game Lions players consoling Pearce immediately after the game. It looked like they all knew.

I'm not sure if that's right. I remember after the game Lions players consoling Pearce immediately after the game. It looked like they all knew.

I stand corrected if I got that wrong, but it's something that is sticking in my mind, that the Lions were advised straight after the game but our blokes were told just before the game. I just can't remember where I read it....this is happening a bit too much lately, haha! It comes with ageing....:(:(

I stand corrected if I got that wrong, but it's something that is sticking in my mind, that the Lions were advised straight after the game but our blokes were told just before the game. I just can't remember where I read it....this is happening a bit too much lately, haha! It comes with ageing....:(:(
I think it's just one of those things that snowballed. I distinctly remember seeing how upset both Perace and the Lions players were and thinking how tough that match would've been for everyone.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back