Player Sponsorship 2018 Bigfooty Sponsors of Jake Lever and Katherine Smith

Remove this Banner Ad

Elise O'Dea is my new best friend. I talked to her for a fair while and she is great value. I was using Bigfooty as my excuse to randomly go up to people and talk - sort of "I'm here from a group that sponsor one of your players - and I had to come and say hello and let you know that you have a lot of fans in our group". It worked a treat. Also Elise said that's really nice and thanks and all, so I followed up by telling her that its an internet fan group so for all I know this could well be a bunch of pervert psychopaths living in a basement somewhere. So I flew the flag for Bigfooty and managed to be simultaneously friendly and alarming.

She would not have said that if I was there. I am more than a bit in love with Elise and it would have got awkward.
I have a neighbour who played with and coached Elise in Canberra, I'm trying relentlessly to arrange to meet her should she be up my way ... I'll figure out how to not make that sound stalkerish should the situation arise

I’m in for $50, worth it just to shitstir my west Horsham cow supporting relo’s. Up for the bbq too if lucky enough. Pm your bank details pg and I’ll get right on it.
Awesome. Will do - or will do once I’m back at the office.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Morning Board!

Today is the day when - for RSVP reasons - I need to draw the raffle for a hot date with Jake Lever.

For those that haven't already expressed interest, this year's player sponsor BBQ function will be held directly after the MFC Family Day. Family day is from 10:30 - 12:30 in Yarra Park, so the sponsor's BBQ will start on Sunday 4 March at 12:30 and go until about 2:00 PM.

So far, the competitors for Jake's heart are:

tenacious d
Sam Holland
CoDkiller
Striker475

Anyone else who is a sponsor (or a pledged sponsor anyway - no need for details like have you actually paid need come into the equation...Crimson...) and would like their name in the hat should let me know via this thread by 3PM.

Best of British and all that nirvana.

... and the winner is .... (drumroll or whatever)

Sam Holland

Congratulations SH - you have won yourself an hour and a half in the company of Jake Lever!

Unstated previously, you also have an unofficial but anticipated role in posting here after the BBQ and tell us all about it.

I will RSVP MFC and advise them you are coming, given that for various reasons that are perfectly above board but are too complex to go into in any detail I happen to know your real name...

So there is nothing you need to do - I'll PM you a reminder in the next 24 hours or so. If, for any reason, you have a change of plans and can't make it, let me know by PM. I can re-raffle the result and advice Mrs MFC Sponsor Lady that we are sending a substitute.

Edit: for clarity - you get to bring a guest like a loved one, or a person you hate, or a person you are totally indifferent to like some random hanging around the place. Your choice.

lever bbq.jpg

Last edited:
ohh My Gaawn (Gaawd)
Wellll this calls for a drink.

I did see this news whilst i was working, fair to say it was certainly a mood boost.

Now my question to the public on BF is what are your questions you would like me to ask him? (i know this is quite a reverent position to be in, i wont let you down!)

ohh My Gaawn (Gaawd)
Wellll this calls for a drink.

I did see this news whilst i was working, fair to say it was certainly a mood boost.

Now my question to the public on BF is what are your questions you would like me to ask him? (i know this is quite a reverent position to be in, i wont let you down!)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back