Women's Footy AFLW and MFC Women's General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, went to all their games in Vic last year and intend to again in 2018. Casey is a pain, especially by public transport meaning something like two hours travel time each way (even more for the first two games of the season with rail closures and having to catch replacement buses), but worth it.

I live nearish to Casey so I'm actually pretty happy only driving for 20 minutes to get to a game. Would be happier if they suited out the absolutely atrocious parking situation out there. Looking forward to the first game of the year, hopefully we see a win round one this time.

I live nearish to Casey so I'm actually pretty happy only driving for 20 minutes to get to a game. Would be happier if they suited out the absolutely atrocious parking situation out there. Looking forward to the first game of the year, hopefully we see a win round one this time.
It’s weird that they have so much space, and it’s such a good complex in general, yet such dreadful parking. Last time I went was round 1 AFLW last year. We managed to find a park of sorts but I don’t think it was intended as such.

**** it. I’ve decided to go. It’s a 51 minute drive for me if accepting tolls as a way of life. I’ll take food. It’s probably time for the famous cheeseboard to get a run.
And put up a photo of it in action.

Yes, it would be nice after last year's disappointment. :)

Please don't remind me. I still don't think my "raincoat" has dried out. :)
That was something else again. Typical Melbourne - every other game that weekend had perfect conditions and we get whatever that was. Really impressive that it got the crowd considering the conditions.

That was something else again. Typical Melbourne - every other game that weekend had perfect conditions and we get whatever that was. Really impressive that it got the crowd considering the conditions.

Well the forcast for this weekend is much better. Fingers crossed.

I once went straight from Casey to the airport to fly home to Queensland ... It was touch and go as to if I'd be able to check a bag, time ended up being so tight ... so I'll respectfully disagree
Just wait until they build the new airport out there

Lots of people predicting us for the flag. Strange situation to be in. How I would love just to turn up this season and flog everybody.

I think the home advantage of the non-Vic teams is a really big asset though. Plus it's annoying that if we do make it through to a GF it wouldn't be at our 'home' ground in Casey (I assume - whats the capacity?)

Would be awesome if we could play it on the MCG though. If it was against Collingwood (ha ha) it may push 50k.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lots of people predicting us for the flag. Strange situation to be in. How I would love just to turn up this season and flog everybody.

I think the home advantage of the non-Vic teams is a really big asset though. Plus it's annoying that if we do make it through to a GF it wouldn't be at our 'home' ground in Casey (I assume - whats the capacity?)

Would be awesome if we could play it on the MCG though. If it was against Collingwood (ha ha) it may push 50k.
I thought we were the best quality team after the regular season last year, just our forward line struggled for most of the season, and more so in some games than others, where we were still the better team on the ground, but just couldn't put it on the scoreboard. Assuming we've fixed that, as was our goal, I think we'll be right up there for sure.

The GF is Round 1 of the Mens, so if we've got the hosting rights, you'd think a Curtain Raiser at the G to the Geelong game would be most likely.

I think some of those people have stood for too long under the power lines.

I would love to support a team for once that could smash everybody. And I do think a good argument could be made for a Casey Grand Final.

I think some of those people have stood for too long under the power lines.

I would love to support a team for once that could smash everybody. And I do think a good argument could be made for a Casey Grand Final.
It's going to be the same weekend as Round 1 again. Makes it interesting as there are three options if we were to manage a home GF.

1) Curtain-raiser to Melbourne v Geelong.
This actually seems kind of obvious the more I look at it. Go for a 12pm kick-off for the women, the club will hype the everloving crap out of it. Melbourne home game means people will automatically come along.
2) Casey on the Saturday
Definitely doable, VFL footy isn't back til next week.
3) Curtain-raiser to Hawthorn v Collingwood
Seems silly but could happen. Spreads it across two days as well.

New ad is pretty well done
3b781e9262be8953d3e33b4f6e62ce71

Eden Zanker was on the Conversation Hour on 774 today, along with Nicole Livingstone (head of the AFLW). Seemed an odd choice to promote the season, an 18 year old rookie when I'm sure there would have been any number of more seasoned, bigger name players. But good to have that Dees presence. :)

She mentioned she hoped top be selected in this week's team, but I see now she missed out.

http://www.melbournefc.com.au/news/2018-02-01/six-players-to-debut-for-demons

Surprised to see Alyssa Mifsud listed as an emergency, given she was last year's leading goal kicker, and equal third in the comp.....could be a good sign re their confidence in Tegan Cunningham as a key forward.

Eden Zanker was on the Conversation Hour on 774 today, along with Nicole Livingstone (head of the AFLW). Seemed an odd choice to promote the season, an 18 year old rookie when I'm sure there would have been any number of more seasoned, bigger name players. But good to have that Dees presence. :)

She mentioned she hoped top be selected in this week's team, but I see now she missed out.

http://www.melbournefc.com.au/news/2018-02-01/six-players-to-debut-for-demons

Surprised to see Alyssa Mifsud listed as an emergency, given she was last year's leading goal kicker, and equal third in the comp.....could be a good sign re their confidence in Tegan Cunningham as a key forward.
I'm outraged! Mifsud is one of my favs. Get her in!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back