Unsolved Hayley Dodd Murder & Trial Updates

Sherrinator2018

Debutant
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Moto Guzzi? He's no 'bikie' and yes I'm serious, they just don't ride them.

A lot of 'bikies' dont ride bikes.

Be interesting to see who the 'bald guy' is that got in the taxi with Lisa Govan.

9 days apart?

Hayley, 17, was last seen walking along a road near rural Badgingarra, where Wark had lived for 15 years, on 29 July 1999.

The 28-year-old was last seen alive near Kalgoorlie's Foundry Hotel about 7.30am on October 8, 1999. (Lisa Govan)

Last edited:

Sherrinator2018

Debutant
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Had Hayley met Kahu Smiler, the gentleman Wark sold the house to?

Hayley was from Mandurah, but had been working as a roustabout in Dongara "shearing shed" before she went missing.

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox

Be interesting to see who the 'bald guy' is that got in the taxi with Lisa Govan.

9 days apart?

Hayley, 17, was last seen walking along a road near rural Badgingarra, where Wark had lived for 15 years, on 29 July 1999.

The 28-year-old was last seen alive near Kalgoorlie's Foundry Hotel about 7.30am on October 8, 1999.
Who is the 28 yr old Dan?

sprockets

Cancelled
Crime Board Sleuth BeanCoiNFT Investor
Oct 15, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond

9 days apart?

The 28-year-old was last seen alive near Kalgoorlie's Foundry Hotel about 7.30am on October 8, 1999. (Lisa Govan)
The vast majority of them do and they ride either HD's or customs, not Moto Guzzi's.

BTW, you logged in with the wrong account?

Dan Baker

Club Legend
Jan 12, 2017
Conspiracy Not
AFL Club
West Coast
Here is a map from Badge to Atherton via motorbike. Google maps preferred route. I wonder if $250000 had brought out reports?

Wark had carried out a fire sale on his house to Mr Smiler and gone to Queensland. Lisa Govan went missing 9 days after Hayley in Kalgoorlie.

Maybe Mr Wark had some business with some business associates on the way through Kalgoorlie???

wark-kal.jpg

Last edited:
Wark lured Hayley into a ute between 11.40am and 12.10pm, murdered her and disposed of her body before 1.36pm when he paid an account at Badgingarra roadhouse while riding his motorcycle to Perth.
https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2018/jan/30/hayley-dodd-francis-john-wark-jailed-for-life

I think he hid her somewhere, raced off to try and establish an alibi. Went back and took his time moving her to somewhere else. It must be torture for a parent to know the man who murdered your child knows where she is but won't say.

Dan Baker

Club Legend
Jan 12, 2017
Conspiracy Not
AFL Club
West Coast
I think he hid her somewhere, raced off to try and establish an alibi. Went back and took his time moving her to somewhere else. It must be torture for a parent to know the man who murdered your child knows where she is but won't say.

He road to Perth on his motorcycle and had an accident

when he paid an account at Badgingarra roadhouse while riding his motorcycle to Perth.

"prosecutors say Mr Wark had enough time to finish his shopping that day, before abducting the 17-year-old, murdering her and hiding her body"
https://www.perthnow.com.au/news/wa...n-wa-town-ng-c4ed1262234353a27f102c7c095e2515

33 minutes x 2 = 66 minutes

1LgddPh.jpg

https://www.google.com.au/maps/dir/...0x2bcdff6e4814ffe5:0x10169e9f7e3c08d5!1m0!3e0

Last edited:

Dan Baker

Club Legend
Jan 12, 2017
Conspiracy Not
AFL Club
West Coast
So within an hour approx he had picked Hayley up on North West highway, then he was at the petrol station up the road at 1.36pm

Tk4uYuJ.jpg

Last edited:

sprockets

Cancelled
Oct 15, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
So within an hour approx he had picked Hayley up on North West highway, then he was at the petrol station up the road at 1.36pm

Tk4uYuJ.jpg
He had up to one hour and 56 minutes as per your quote in the post above:

Wark lured Hayley into a ute between 11.40am and 12.10pm, murdered her and disposed of her body before 1.36pm when he paid an account at Badgingarra roadhouse while riding his motorcycle to Perth.
https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2018/jan/30/hayley-dodd-francis-john-wark-jailed-for-life

sprockets

Cancelled
Oct 15, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
Totally agree. The ute back, unloading the shopping, pulling the bike out, riding to the Badge petrol station and the eventual account transaction at 1.36pm?
Google Maps tells us it takes 1h 45m to get from Dongara to Badgingarra doing the speed limit (mostly open road). It's easily doable within the timeframe, especially by someone who has little regard for the law, such as a rapist and murderer. Body in the car beside me? I wouldn't be hanging about on country roads with not much traffic! The police and jury agree.

Dan Baker

Club Legend
Jan 12, 2017
Conspiracy Not
AFL Club
West Coast
Google Maps tells us it takes 1h 45m to get from Dongara to Badgingarra doing the speed limit (mostly open road). It's easily doable within the timeframe, especially by someone who has little regard for the law, such as a rapist and murderer. Body in the car beside me? I wouldn't be hanging about on country roads with not much traffic! The police and jury agree.

One hour 56 minutes to get to badge roadhouse transaction on motorbike after taking 2 weeks shopping to the house, and havin a chat with house mate.

Reversing up to putting ute in shed from motorbike at roadhouse is 30 minutes without looking like a panic with housemate (Now dead) who had conversation with Wark.

90 minutes left from Hayley in ute to house parked in shed. 20 minutes doing what ever he did with Hayley? 70 minutes left? 35 minutes travel each way?

Certainly could have spent less time with Hayley? *Making me a little sick thinking about it.

Not ruling out school gardener might have hole already dug?

Last edited:

Dan Baker

Club Legend
Jan 12, 2017
Conspiracy Not
AFL Club
West Coast
I am only trying to establish where Wark might have stashed Hayley. The time frame pertains to how far he might have gone in the time frame.
Totally in agreeance that it is Wark.

ESHESH

Draftee
Feb 2, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
They do say pets and owners start to morph into one an the other
A friend of mine was attacked by Frank's dog outside the Badgingarra Tavern. Her face & hands were mauled & she was rushed to RPH where she had several hours of microsurgery that night. She had to be driven in a private vehicle a I believe the Moora ambulance(s) were on other callouts. She has had several operations since then & still has scars. That piece of S*** was at RPH the next day trying to get her to sign a waiver freeing him from an liabiliy for the dog attack. The dog was in the back of a station wagon with the rear window down.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

ESHESH

Draftee
Feb 2, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
I am only trying to establish where Wark might have stashed Hayley. The time frame pertains to how far he might have gone in the time frame.
Totally in agreeance that it is Wark.
As a new poster to this thread I feel that I should pay my respects to Hayley and her family before commenting. Think It's quite plausible that FW dumped/hid poor Hayley's body somewhere & then went back later to hide/dispose of her where she would never be found. Don't know what it's like now but back then, there was VAST amounts of bushland in the area that stretched for miles upon miles. Some of the farms in the area were massive & still had huge bush blocks on them. You could search for a million years in that area & never find anything.

metic

Club Legend
Nov 20, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
One hour 56 minutes to get to badge roadhouse transaction on motorbike after taking 2 weeks shopping to the house, and havin a chat with house mate.

Reversing up to putting ute in shed from motorbike at roadhouse is 30 minutes without looking like a panic with housemate (Now dead) who had conversation with Wark.

90 minutes left from Hayley in ute to house parked in shed. 20 minutes doing what ever he did with Hayley? 70 minutes left? 35 minutes travel each way?

Certainly could have spent less time with Hayley? *Making me a little sick thinking about it.

Not ruling out school gardener might have hole already dug?
Housemate was elsewhere .
He has an alibi regarding where he was on the day.

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
That's all great Dan but the evidence obviously pointed to Wark being the killer so it was all doable. If the jury thought some of the evidence made it impossible for Wark to be the killer he couldn't have been convicted.

However, I didn't have all the facts as per below, which makes it too easy:

View attachment 455766
As a new poster to this thread I feel that I should pay my respects to Hayley and her family before commenting. Think It's quite plausible that FW dumped/hid poor Hayley's body somewhere & then went back later to hide/dispose of her where she would never be found. Don't know what it's like now but back then, there was VAST amounts of bushland in the area that stretched for miles upon miles. Some of the farms in the area were massive & still had huge bush blocks on them. You could search for a million years in that area & never find anything.

Looking at points 21-24 (thanks sprockets ) I think you are correct. I also think the prosecution is leading towards a possible murder weapon. ie indicator stick. The timeline fits the idea of 2 dumpings. Unless Wark deliberately had an accident , possible to do a slide on a bike for minor injuries , he would not have known how the day would play out.

It seems he needed to establish an alibi which would be filling up the bike. Then the accident

Dan Baker

Club Legend
Jan 12, 2017
Conspiracy Not
AFL Club
West Coast
A friend of mine was attacked by Frank's dog outside the Badgingarra Tavern. Her face & hands were mauled & she was rushed to RPH where she had several hours of microsurgery that night. She had to be driven in a private vehicle a I believe the Moora ambulance(s) were on other callouts. She has had several operations since then & still has scars. That piece of S*** was at RPH the next day trying to get her to sign a waiver freeing him from an liabiliy for the dog attack. The dog was in the back of a station wagon with the rear window down.

One does wonder if he had the dog in the car at the time? Although if he had taken the ute to do he shopping...

Either way, it sounds like WARK had approx 30 minutes each way travel depending on how long he had spent at the horrid point of the crime. Of course there could be a hole dug which would add 30 minutes. That's a variable we are not afforded.

It does appear about 30 minutes or less to Hayleys location.

aL2cuO5.jpg

Last edited:

Dan Baker

Club Legend
Jan 12, 2017
Conspiracy Not
AFL Club
West Coast

The issue will be the departure in his time frame. You knew him. Do you know his movements post the crime? When did he leave Badgey?

He had paid his account and travelled to Perth. How long had he spent in Perth? He stayed with his motorcycle enthusiast friends?

ESHESH

Draftee
Feb 2, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
The issue will be the departure in his time frame. You knew him. Do you know his movements post the crime? When did he leave Badgey?

He had paid his account and travelled to Perth. How long had he spent in Perth? He stayed with his motorcycle enthusiast friends?
Yes I lived in the area for 2 years & remember when poor Hayley disappeared. Probably about once a month I would meet friends at the Badgingarra Tavern. I wouldn't say I knew him as I didn't like him & didn't want to know him. I certainly knew who he was and saw him around and about. I couldn't comment on his movements on the day Hayley disappeared as I didn't see either of them. In terms of when he left the area, I've been trying to remember. I THINK that the dog attack occurred shortly after Hayley's disappearance as he left Badgingarra virtually straight away. We all thought it was because of the attack as my friend was seriously injured. I guess we all now know the real reason why he left the area in such a hurry. From what I remember, the dog went everywhere with him....he just left the window down in the car. He told my friend when he went to RPH that the dog was in the car outside RPH in Wellington St. I remember FW as a loner & not at all liked by many of the locals. People always seemed to be wary of him....especially when he was drinking at the pub

Back