Davis Cup 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

pepsi

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 4, 2008
Maribyrnong
AFL Club
Essendon
First round begins against Germany in Brisbane next Friday the 2nd of Feb. We've named kyrgios, Millman, Peers, De Minaur and Thompson. Headlining the German team is Sasha Zverev and struff as their 2nd singles player.

We'd go in as the favourite, but it will probably come down to the kyrgios vs Zverev match.

Hewitt surely trolling the Germans by practising with Peers?

Sounds like they have completely given up on Tomic ever making it back as a professional tennis player.

Well Tomic quit Celebrity get me out of here after 2 days. Lol. Guess he quits during matches so it was bound to happen.

Surely Hewitt won't play. I still think Ebden is a better option than Millman.

At this stage I am thinking
Kyrgios and Millman for singles
Thompson and Peers for doubles
De Minaur as the extra.

I can't see us winning this tie

Hewitt surely trolling the Germans by practising with Peers?

He'd better hope it pays off then.

Sounds like they have completely given up on Tomic ever making it back as a professional tennis player.

The media have gone all out to keep Tomic in the news so Hewitt is likely to be sick of answering questions about him.

I think it's quite possible Hewitt will play doubles. Groth and Kokkinakis not in the team and Thompson is out of form. Ebden is a decent doubles player but he was not picked in the team either.

I think it will be Kyrgios and De Minaur in singles if he is fit. Peers and Hewitt in doubles.

However, can Hewitt be called into the team now as he wasn't named in the original five?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I suspect Ebden was left out for match-up reasons. Jordan Thompson played very well against Alexander Zverev last year - took him to a third set tiebreak in Washington.

Once it became clear that Thompson wasn't going to play singles he was booted from the squad in favour of strengthening the doubles with Ebden.

I am happy with the final four but unusual the way it played out with Millman and Thompson. Those two and Bolt who is also there would of been better getting some points in Burnie this week.

I think Ebden may come in on day three
It seems playing De Minaur is a ploy to expose him in a game no one expects him to win.

I am happy with the final four but unusual the way it played out with Millman and Thompson. Those two and Bolt who is also there would of been better getting some points in Burnie this week.

I think Ebden may come in on day three
It seems playing De Minaur is a ploy to expose him in a game no one expects him to win.

I was thinking Millman would get a game in the reverse singles.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back