Unofficial Preview 2018 AFL Round 1 - Melbourne vs Geelong, Sunday March 25th, MCG

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, will Tim Kelly be lining up against this mob? Or, were the predictions that he could debut in round one slightly premature?

I guess nobody will really have any idea until we're a lot closer to round one. To crack into our side against the Dees would be a fantastic achievement.
It would be a good opportunity if Kelly played ALFX to assess him. Then a game or two in the new NAP Cup - ??? Would be terrific if he played Rd1, agree with you.

*Sigh*

talk about a long way away...

Go Catters
*Sigh*

Even closer now Daz.
9 weeks, 1 day and 23 hours to go at the time of posting.

https://t.co/wr7YNTyHvE
*Sigh*

57 Days until round 1 begins.
*Sigh*
AFL Round 1 Melbourne V Geelong Cats
weeks
days
hour
minutes
seconds

*Sigh*
*Sigh*
*Sigh*
*Sigh*
*Sigh*
*Sigh*

But only three weeks until Port -v- Cats in the first AFLX* game.

*AFLX is beginning to look attractive

Early meat tray:

B: Bews Henderson Kolo

HB: Touhy Taylor Thurlow

C: Kelly Selwood Duncan

HF: Menzel Crameri Cockatoo

F: Parfitt Hawkins McCarthy

R: Smith Dangerfield Ablett

I/C: Blicavs Menegola Gurthie Fogarty

Early meat tray:

B: Bews Henderson Kolo

HB: Touhy Taylor Thurlow

C: Kelly Selwood Duncan

HF: Menzel Crameri Cockatoo

F: Parfitt Hawkins McCarthy

R: Smith Dangerfield Ablett

I/C: Blicavs Menegola Gurthie Fogarty
will Henderson be right to go round 1?

will Henderson be right to go round 1?

Geelong website said that he had a six to eight week recovery + rehab, from the date of his arthroscope, so Rd1 might be cutting it too fine. I think most would prefer to be cautious.

Last edited:
Last edited:
It will be interesting to see how the crowds are when they start charging to get in.

It may very well be interesting and they may well drop off. But less than 15,000 for an AFL Semi Final is a lousy crowd attendance for a finals game played by a Sydney based team in the biggest city in the land.
Free entry or not, 20,000 spectators is a good crowd for a women's competition and it is clear that AFLW has generated some considerable interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back