Unpopular Opinions (Association Football version)

Remove this Banner Ad

Established1870

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 28, 2016
Tigris River
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
This might actually be the right thread for this considering what people think of him but personally I think Brendan Rodgers is.

Right after I posted I immediately remembered Brendan. After some thought, I'm inclined to agree with you.

He has an outstanding record with Swansea and Celtic, took Liverpool closer to the title than anyone else has since the end of your golden era with possibly one of the shittest defences I've ever seen, doesn't have an issue playing younger players and has developed heaps of players into solid PL players (Williams, Allen, Ibe) or world class stars (Suarez, Coutinho, Sterling).

Thistle

Norm Smith Medallist
May 12, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chelsea, ICT, Glory
Right after I posted I immediately remembered Brendan. After some thought, I'm inclined to agree with you.

He has an outstanding record with Swansea and Celtic, took Liverpool closer to the title than anyone else has since the end of your golden era with possibly one of the shittest defences I've ever seen, doesn't have an issue playing younger players and has developed heaps of players into solid PL players (Williams, Allen, Ibe) or world class stars (Suarez, Coutinho, Sterling).
Gosha suggested, I think he was serious, that he would be a great replacement for Conte and the more I think about it the more i want it to happen.

Established1870

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 28, 2016
Tigris River
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
Gosha suggested, I think he was serious, that he would be a great replacement for Conte and the more I think about it the more i want it to happen.

I don't see B-Rog getting touched by a top 6 club in England unless he takes over an Everton or West Ham and turns them into a Champions League club.

When Everton sacked Koeman, I did start thinking about Brendan going to Goodison, and they would fit each other like a glove. They've got a young squad with players for the style of football that he likes.

As for your club, Jardim or Tuchel would be your best replacements for Conte.

You are definitely the most anti-English bloke on here. What’s with that?
I just think it's lame you need to claim or poach overseas athletes to achieve sporting success. For a country of nearly 55m that's rather pathetic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aug 28, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
I do want Rodgers. He had Liverpool playing scintillating football and he knows how to develop youth. He doesn’t have a big personality either so I can’t see him clashing with any of the players.

I do want Rodgers. He had Liverpool playing scintillating football and he knows how to develop youth. He doesn’t have a big personality either so I can’t see him clashing with any of the players.

Rodgers and Sterling seemed to clash a bit. (Steady bruv etc)

HomokHarcos

Senior List
May 1, 2015
Canada
AFL Club
Richmond
The Champions League being spread out throughout the season and played between league fixtures makes it a less exciting tournament than NHL playoffs, AFL Finals and the World Cup.

The way I would like it is all the domestic leagues play their seasons. Then after that the top teams make it to the Champions League and the tournament is played.
Interesting idea I reckon. Not a bad one.

So when do the players get to rest?
They are playing the same amount of games, it's just the EPL games come first, there'd have to be a few mid week EPL games where the CL games were.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back