Perth Stadium (Optus Stadium)

Remove this Banner Ad

If they sold it to Freo then the Dockers get 12 home games. If they sold it to Optus then the Dockers get 13 games at Optus just like Collingwood get 28 games a season at the MCG :p

I'd hope any WA members of the Suns get a freebie, plus guests. Freo members keep their seasons seating - might cause a few probs, just manage it.

Like to see the Eagles do the same, and for GWS WA members.
Why would / should they?

Which the Suns sold, and their members were compensated accordingly.
Nobody is entitled to get in for free.

Its called growing the game, perhaps you missed that I'd like the Eagles to do the same thing & they didnt buy a game.
How many WA members of interstate sides are there, I dont know but hopefully the WA clubs might look into it, particularly for games that arent going to sell out.
Could be applied to all games at the MCG at no real cost to the game.

Its called growing the game, perhaps you missed that I'd like the Eagles to do the same thing & they didnt buy a game.
How many WA members of interstate sides are there, I dont know but hopefully the WA clubs might look into it, particularly for games that arent going to sell out.
Could be applied to all games at the MCG at no real cost to the game.
I don't see how that grows the game, if they are interstate members they will probably buy a ticket and attend the game anyway.
Why should they get a freebie?

I don't see how that grows the game, if they are interstate members they will probably buy a ticket and attend the game anyway.
Why should they get a freebie?
Why shouldn't club members get free access to their own home game? Especially when it's not a high-attendance fixture.
It's still a Suns home game, sold to Optus Stadium.
If any members shouldn't get free entry it's Dockers Members; after all, it's their away game.

Why shouldn't club members get free access to their own home game? Especially when it's not a high-attendance fixture.
Because they were compensated with reduced membership prices this year due to the loss of this game.

It's still a Suns home game, sold to Optus Stadium.
If any members shouldn't get free entry it's Dockers Members; after all, it's their away game.

Whoever the game was sold to needs to recoup the amount paid to the Suns. Free access to the stadium for Suns members would then be the Suns double dipping.
Dockers members don't get free entry, they have to pay for access to this game

Depends on who made the deal. If WA government was involved in anyway surely they would want as many suns supporters to come over and attend. Squabbling over a $30-$60 ticket for some suns members for a game that will not sell out is hardly worth it. Let them come and let them in on their suns memberships imo.

After seeing the price of beers at this year's Superbowl $8.50 beers don't seem so bad after all.

Attachments

• IMG_5007.jpg
    IMG_5007.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 7
Depends on who made the deal. If WA government was involved in anyway surely they would want as many suns supporters to come over and attend. Squabbling over a $30-$60 ticket for some suns members for a game that will not sell out is hardly worth it. Let them come and let them in on their suns memberships imo.
Lol. WA government had nothing to do with this deal.
It is Fremantle who has stumped up the readies to GC in the deal, Fremantle are the only party in this
deal that could lose out financially. They have a responsibility to recoup the outlay with zero obligation to
give freebies to anybody.
Suns would be guaranteed a nice earn on this deal, much more than if the game was played at Metricon so
let them pay for tickets for any of their members that want to come across.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is Fremantle who has stumped up the readies to GC in the deal, Fremantle are the only party in this
deal that could lose out financially. They have a responsibility to recoup the outlay with zero obligation to
Suns would be guaranteed a nice earn on this deal, much more than if the game was played at Metricon so

The Govt/Tourism WA/the Stadium manager, one & the same when it comes to the deal for an extra game.

If it were transparent surely the Eagles deep pockets would win OR are you suggesting Freo (with less seated members in the Bank), won because they offered more $s to the Suns & Freo will make a lesser surplus.
Just another FIXture AFL style - see the China game v Port.

As for freebies, all the fixed costs are covered, it wont be a sellout ... get people to go to a game that may be unlikely to go.

You are aware for both the Freo & China games Metricon is not available.

LOL?
You don't think Optus Stadium would have had a great deal to do with the deal?
Therefor the WA government would have had some kind of input into it also.
Naive to think otherwise.

Yep, my mistake it was Freo. Any idea IF Freo paid for the game to be moved or the Stadium Manager? Who paid & what was the $value of full compensation.

The Suns will head west in round three to face the Dockers who have agreed to pay for the rights to the game.

ref: http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...s/news-story/2f6b6c7560cfbf2f607f8cc270b8c706

Nothing on the amount paid.

Also

Fremantle secured the rights to play an additional game at Perth Stadium in round three after negotiating with the AFL to pay an agreed fee to the Suns, who are unable to play early season home games at Metricon Stadium in 2018 due to Commonwealth Games commitments at the Gold Coast venue.
ref: http://www.fremantlefc.com.au/news/2017-10-26/first-home-game-under-lights-against-bombers
ref: http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-10-27/dockers-to-get-bonus-home-game-against-suns

Last edited:
The stadium itself is good. The outside nature areas are especially nice. But here’s the thing: they desperately need to sort out the trains. I get on at Perth Station and I’m waiting for about half an hour on the platform to get on...because the trains are packed with people who got on from Fremantle. There is no point in any of these trains stopping - just keep going. They upgraded to a new stadium, but they didn’t upgrade Transperth.

We need longer and wider trains, period. With express trains that leave from Perth. And the food lines are ridiculous. I don’t know if it’s because people aren’t spreading out and using the other food outlets, but either way, it’s a bad look. Running out of food/beer and waiting some time for it, is embarrassing. Fingers crossed they get it right, otherwise it’s going to become a gorilla around their necks.

The stadium itself is good. The outside nature areas are especially nice. But here’s the thing: they desperately need to sort out the trains. I get on at Perth Station and I’m waiting for about half an hour on the platform to get on...because the trains are packed with people who got on from Fremantle. There is no point in any of these trains stopping - just keep going. They upgraded to a new stadium, but they didn’t upgrade Transperth.

We need longer and wider trains, period. With express trains that leave from Perth. And the food lines are ridiculous. I don’t know if it’s because people aren’t spreading out and using the other food outlets, but either way, it’s a bad look. Running out of food/beer and waiting some time for it, is embarrassing. Fingers crossed they get it right, otherwise it’s going to become a gorilla around their necks.

Fwiw your trains are only 10cm narrower than melbournes stock, and the length is about the same

Melboure is getting some new high capacity trains in 2019 (20% longer), but these are still in design phase

Melbourne had double decker trains that went out of service in 2004 I believe. They couldn’t run on some lines because of low tunnels. Conveniently it was the line with the MCG that couldn’t fit them. They did fit through the city loop though. From what I’ve heard the Sydney ones are pretty slow and I’m guessing the Melbourne ones were too.

Melbourne had double decker trains that went out of service in 2004 I believe. They couldn’t run on some lines because of low tunnels. Conveniently it was the line with the MCG that couldn’t fit them. They did fit through the city loop though. From what I’ve heard the Sydney ones are pretty slow and I’m guessing the Melbourne ones were too.

They ran on the Belgrave / Lilydale line which runs past the MCG. One reason they didn't proceed with them is that they increase dwell times at stations due to the limited number of entrances/exits so they don't increase line capacity.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back