Opinion 10 Burning Questions (Thursday 15th FINAL QUESTION)

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:
Q1. Does the return of Gaz instantly make us a credible threat for the premiership?

Yes, the return of Gaz makes us a credible threat. Remember, we finished top 4 in 2017 without Gaz. He immediately adds so much to the fabric of the team, improving the midfield and offering a small forward option. Gaz's return has lifted the club and city of Geelong. Not sure exactly how that translates on the field, but.... Of course, being a credible threat does not guarantee anything

Hmmm.. I think it makes us less likely to crash out and be uncompetitive..
I don’t think one player can swing the tide.. but can it help.. hell yeah..

And just the roar at KP on his first touch and goal will be epic..

Go Catters..

Ps - good thread Parko!

[QUOTE="Willo_, post: 54177114,

Q1. Does the return of Gaz instantly make us a credible threat for the premiership?[/QUOTE]
No, continue to dish up the same insipid s**t we did when the blow torch was applied last year and one player although a very good one won't make the difference,a change of attitude and attack on both the player and ball + Gaz and yes we will be credible.

Last edited:
Also all, as is my way I have just started this without really putting a heap of thought into it... which means, I don't actually have 10 questions ready to go...

So if anyone wants to ask one, PM me with it and I will try get it in one of the days :D

Q1. Does the return of Gaz instantly make us a credible threat for the premiership?

Not in and of itself. We've finished 2nd the last two seasons after home and away. Surely they must have been credible threats already?

You would think adding Ablett makes the team stronger - if of course his body holds up and he can produce anything like his usual output. However, although we've added him, which is a plus, we've also lost Lonergan and Motlop. That impact we just don't know yet.

The other factor is what was most exposed during September - the failure of a big chunk of the team to cope with finals pressure. The team won't be a genuine threat under September heat until that is overcome.

Q1: What actually is AFLX???
I ask the questions round here mate

michael-parkinson-650.jpg

Ablett could definitely be the difference between missing the finals and making it or making the grand final and winning it.

For us to make a grand final I would think a lot has to go right that has little to do with Ablett. Principally shrinking the gap between our best and worst which is a whole lot of tactical and execution things coming together.

So we will have to be pretty close already for him to be the difference in winning a flag but it’s definitely possible.

Hi All,

With the excitement (lol) that is AFLX only 10 days away (including today) I thought it would be good to do a burning questions type thing, 1 question a day until game day. Basically I ask a question, for that day we discuss that question alone and move on the next day. I will also link every days question back to here so at the end you can just click through and find where the question and responses it got are...
Clear as mud? Good

Hi All,

With the excitement (lol) that is AFLX only 10 days away (including today) I thought it would be good to do a burning questions type thing, 1 question a day until game day. Basically I ask a question, for that day we discuss that question alone and move on the next day. I will also link every days question back to here so at the end you can just click through and find where the question and responses it got are...
Clear as mud? Good

No we will still be flogged in finals

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not necessarily, no. I think re-jigging our system is the most important in terms of taking that next step. Sure Ablett will help but he won't be the difference.

Hi All,

Clear as mud? Good

We are good enough to win it without him, he is a super icing on top.

Watching the brief highlights from training the other day I think we can see what the benefit of Gaz will be.
Not only does he win his own ball, he creates space for players like Duncan.
So to answer the question yes he does make us a Premiership threat but will he stay fit long enough to be a credible threat? That is the $64,000 question.

We'll at least have God back in the stands, cheering us on.

On the park, while all the talk has been Gazza running through the midfield, I think nearer the end of the year we'll see him planted closer to goal, where in the finals he'll be a bloody good asset, taking one or two opponents at every possession and freeing up his teammates. If he stays fit, we'll be hard to beat.

Hi All,

Clear as mud? Good

We already were and have been the past two seasons.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back