Recommitted Ollie Wines [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

So me starting a thread on bigfooty about Ollie Wines is going to affect the media somehow? I feel honoured that I have that much pull in the media world.

He is out of contract this year and this is where just about every player that is half decent is talked about until they sign or leave, this guy is a gun and every club in the AFL would like him in their team.

crow supporters are upset / annoyed that Slone is getting all the media attention about maybe leaving (from the Adelaide friendly media) while some one like Ollie isn't.
so that is why a lot of why hasn't Ollie signed yet ? is appearing on big footy pages (usually started by crow supporters) it is their way of saying look else where and away from Slone

I didn't say this was a lock for him staying at Port or that this is crucial to him staying ... I am just saying that currently he is enjoying his flying.
personally I do think with his flying although he can visit his family when ever he likes so maybe the any go home factor maybe lessened

I still don't get the connection

crow supporters are upset / annoyed that Slone is getting all the media attention about maybe leaving (from the Adelaide friendly media) while some one like Ollie isn't.
so that is why a lot of why hasn't Ollie signed yet ? is appearing on big footy pages (usually started by crow supporters) it is their way of saying look else where and away from Slone

This post is really difficullt to understand. Maybe get someone to vet what you have written before you post.

Trengove and Impey?

Trengove was in the SANFL for our last 4 games last year, and Impey played 3 out of the last 4 in the SANFL and was pretty clearly the worst player on the ground in the one AFL game he played. We’ve just signed up Jack Watts who’s a more effective tall forward than Trengove and Steven Motlop who‘s a more effective half forward than Impey (apparently your mob is looking at playing him in defence, which is probably his best position, but there was no room in Port’s defence for him). If either of those two were still on Port’s list, I’d be surprised to see them play Round 1.

Trengove was in the SANFL for our last 4 games last year, and Impey played 3 out of the last 4 in the SANFL and was pretty clearly the worst player on the ground in the one AFL game he played. We’ve just signed up Jack Watts who’s a more effective tall forward than Trengove and Steven Motlop who‘s a more effective half forward than Impey (apparently your mob is looking at playing him in defence, which is probably his best position, but there was no room in Port’s defence for him). If either of those two were still on Port’s list, I’d be surprised to see them play Round 1.
So which fringe players like impey and Trengove will you force out to keep Wines on higher pay?

Port Adelaide vice-captain Ollie Wines has pledged allegiance to the club beyond 2018.
Viewed as the captain-in-waiting, Wines’s current two-year contract extension expires at season’s end.
“It’ll only be a matter of time (before he signs). The old contract debate comes out at this time of the year for a lot of players and I’ve still got eight months left on mine. I’m in no rush to sign but that time will come.
“I’m comfortable where I am,” he told SEN’s Time On.
“I guess to get a trade you have to be in a bit of strife or looking for some extra coin and I think the club has done everything right by me and my family.”
More..
https://www.sen.com.au/news/2018/02/07/young-star-pledges-long-term-allegiance/

As I said before .. Ollie not going anywhere:D

Port Adelaide vice-captain Ollie Wines has pledged allegiance to the club beyond 2018.
Viewed as the captain-in-waiting, Wines’s current two-year contract extension expires at season’s end.
“It’ll only be a matter of time (before he signs). The old contract debate comes out at this time of the year for a lot of players and I’ve still got eight months left on mine. I’m in no rush to sign but that time will come.
“I guess to get a trade you have to be in a bit of strife or looking for some extra coin and I think the club has done everything right by me and my family.”
More..

Time for him to get "extra coin"

More..

I’m in no rush to sign is a concerning comment

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For you maybe .. has Sloane committed yet..

You are emotional aren’t you. We are talking about Ollie hear. If you want to talk about Sloane then go to that thread.

Like I said previously, he seems likely to stay but that comment of I’m not in a rush to sign is the standard comment that more than likely takes all year.

If it gets to May/June and says I just want to focus on my football and I will look at the contract towards the end of the season then that is when he is shopping around.

Why would anyone from Port ask for a transfer or wont to play for North .. We thrashed them last year ...
Ollie wont be leaving Port ... he loves Port, as he has said many times .. he wants to be a one Club player..
If he was going to leave at years end what would he be saying right now?

"I hate the club and the players - would love to play for 3 or 4 clubs"

His responses are stock standard that we have all heard before. I think he will stay but stranger things have happened and you're opening yourself up for a big fall.

Round 23 2016
Swans 25.14 164
Tigers 7.9 51

Why would Nankervis leave the Swans to join the Tigers at the end of 2016? The stupid logic that gets thrown up on bigfooty never ceases to amaze me - how do people come up with this rubbish?

You are emotional aren’t you. We are talking about Ollie hear. If you want to talk about Sloane then go to that thread.

Like I said previously, he seems likely to stay but that comment of I’m not in a rush to sign is the standard comment that more than likely takes all year.

If it gets to May/June and says I just want to focus on my football and I will look at the contract towards the end of the season then that is when he is shopping around.
Thing is .. I know Ollie .. do you ...

Me too!!

s-l225.jpg

He signed my footy card.

happy-friendship-day-concept-with-silhouette-of-happy-kids-on-orange-backgr_mJt6K4_thumb.jpg

Wines is in a very interesting position. He has seen port trade out top draft picks and fringe players to secure some decent experienced players for a shot at a premiership because a number of their topline players (Gray, Ryder, Dixon, Westhoff) are in or coming into their 30's very soon and time is short. He gets to see how things look this year knowing that if all works out and port have a good start to the year, he will feel very comfortable in resigning as he could see success and will get a good contract anyway. If it goes the other way and things go poorly for the team, he might think that the club will need to rebuild its list and with big offers to come in for a young topline midfielder, he would be crazy not to explore his options should that happen

Remove this Banner Ad

Back