Opinion Number one scalp 2018

Hawks.
Looking at their list, and knowing who their coach is, they'll be thereabouts again.
No. Just no.
They will not be finalists. They are crap.

No. Just no.
They will not be finalists. They are crap.
They had several key players that had only limited games in 17, and if they have any luck with those, which includes JOM, Birchall, Stratton, & Frawley, they'd have to be better. Same with us with our smalls.
And ongoing improvement in Burton, Sicily and Hardwick gives them a potent Defence. 7-12 imho.

They had several key players that had only limited games in 17, and if they have any luck with those, which includes JOM, Birchall, Stratton, & Frawley, they'd have to be better. Same with us with our smalls.
And ongoing improvement in Burton, Sicily and Hardwick gives them a potent Defence. 7-12 imho.
They were 0-5 with those players in the side.

They were 0-5 with those players in the side.
Pretty shabby.
You must admit they pushed us game 2, without Stratton who they would like on Danger, and showed great improvement. That 0-5 was beautiful to see but did not represent their latter form.

Pretty shabby.
You must admit they pushed us game 2, without Stratton who they would like on Danger, and showed great improvement. That 0-5 was beautiful to see but did not represent their latter form.
They'll miss finals in 2018. They're cactus.

Jan 13, 2006
melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
geelong
I have a couple of big Smokey’s for 2018,

Think melbourne is going to be a very hard team to knock over and will be pushing up there.

Port Adelaide are at a perfect age to really push hard for the flag, also their top ups will help big time.

St Kilda are also coming into a period where they should be pushing right there and about.

Adelaide I have a question mark on since losing lever and Cameron plus smith ACL, could make things challenging losing 3.

Will be an interesting year.

Hawks won’t make top 8, pencil that in

CatRiot

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 3, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
We won’t lose a game this year.

Adelaide - Rory Sloane won’t want to play too well against his future teammates, and let’s be honest. Tex Walker completely shitting the bed in the GF has shown the whole league what a pissweak campaigner he truly is (as is their entire senior list) Adelaide are pretenders and well flog then confortably.

Brisbane - all I need to really say here is “Brisbane” and I think you guys understand.

Carlton - see Brisbane reasoning but replace “Brisbane” with “Carlton”

Collingwood - as much as recruiting a one paced midfield with filthy disposal skills (see Adams, Aish et el) is a blueprint for success, Gaz, Danger, Sel and Mitch will beat them like an ugly red headed step child. Add in the fact that their
Forward line revolves around a Full back with hamstrings made of weathered twine, and a white hope in Moore - who can’t actually figure out his position, and the pies are exposed as a VFL standard team.

Essendon - desperation - You can smell it. It has a stench like dead maggots living inside a dead fish head. And as I drove past the Bombers training facility on my Way to Melbourne airport recently, u smelled that stench. When you throw draft picks at a bloke who’s proven damaged goods - so much so that his old club would have taken a bag of twisties for him - and pin your hopes on him, that’s desperation. And let’s be honest. Their midfields garbage. Zaharakis is a good battler. Do they have an elite midfielder? We have so many elite midfielders that if they were to bring all their mvps, Brownlows, b&fs and All Australian trophy’s to the club all at once, we’d need to build new stand to house them. They have Daniher. He’s a good kid. But how’s he gonna kick bags when his midfield are being busted open for 120 Minutes straight? I mean there’s always blood doping - and they’re probably into that already. But even if they are they still
Wouldn’t be good enough.

Freo - hahaha if ever there was a club that personified the word “loser” It’s this mob. You’d think that Colin Sylvia would have taught them. Or Shane yarran. But to watch old mate Harley Bennell unravel every 3 weeks is just amazing. They’ll be lucky to win 6 games.

Gold Coast - see Brisbane

GWS - the reason the mighty ducks succeeded was because they played with heart. The same reason - and lack of heart - is why this mob will NEVER succeed when it counts. Remember last year? The night we had a bunch of players out injured - but still ran them to a draw on their dunghill! They collectively have a heart like a split pea.

Hawthorn - it’s actually sad watching this mob regress into a mediocre outfit, propped up with hacks like sicilly and Brand. Burgoyne going around at 43 years of age reeks of desperation. Watch us kick 16 goals in the first quarter on Easter Monday, then play VFA style - with 16 on the ground - for the last 3 quarters to rest up for the following week - and still win by at least 20 Goals.

Melbourne - “don’t wanna go on that camp. It’s too hard”

Do I need to elaborate? What a bunch of soft weak sooky campaigners they are.

Norf - if ever there was an arguement for the relegation system, this mob are the poster child for it. They’d struggle to beat St josephs on a good day. Personally I think they’re tanking, Ao that when they swoop in and take Hawforns Launceston games and become the tassie Rios, they’ll get even better concessions.

Poort - 119. We will forever own this mob. That, plus the fact that
Their forward line revolves around a bloke so dumb he can’t see a countdown on a massive screen - hahaha were all Good with this bag of filth.

Richmond - the sun even shines on a dogs arse once and a while. And for this mob that one day of sunshine was on preliminary final day last year. We’ve smacked them for a decade. We smacked them last year - without key players available. One swallow does not a Summer make, and one prelim final upset does not an owning break.

St Kilda - have this mob ever actually been decent? They drew a GF playing Ross the Toss’s filthy game plan that’s since been proven to have zero chance of kicking enough goals to win a flag, but without The albino CHF genius who just retired, they’re cooked. Middle of the road side who we could beat with all of our rookies playing.

Sydney - they’re going into the season one down thanks to Kurt walking away. Buddy is one overdose away from retirement. McVeigh is a geriatric - and still going. It’s embarrassing. I can’t see them beating any good side, especially the mighty Cats.

Western bulldogs - last year showed ya where they truly sit. The Bont is a great player. But sadly, their list is full of sprayers like johannesen and plodders like liberatore. They haven’t beaten us since before Gaz had to shave.

West coast - when you have our cast offs holding up the ruck - it speaks volumes. I don’t think a club has been so reliant on one player - as the weagles are on NicNat - since the saints had Plugger. And how is a tall, mobile ruckman who’s game is his leap and athleticism a gonna go after a reco? A filthy midfield and blokes like Darling (let’s just remember how he was in the GF when he went to water like a bitch) holding up your forward line is a worry.

So in conclusion. I don’t see one of these s**t truck clubs getting within 5 goals of us this year.

Wonder what odds I could get on an unbeaten season. My super needs topping up.
LOL - Best write-up in ages... Loved every second of it!

Sep 15, 2007
Where i need to be
AFL Club
Geelong
I have a couple of big Smokey’s for 2018,

Think melbourne is going to be a very hard team to knock over and will be pushing up there.

Port Adelaide are at a perfect age to really push hard for the flag, also their top ups will help big time.

St Kilda are also coming into a period where they should be pushing right there and about.

Adelaide I have a question mark on since losing lever and Cameron plus smith ACL, could make things challenging losing 3.

Will be an interesting year.

Hawks won’t make top 8, pencil that in
Agree port will be very tough to beat this year. I think the crows little run is done.

Jan 13, 2006
melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
geelong
Agree port will be very tough to beat this year. I think the crows little run is done.

Really thought how they pushed us to the very last seconds down at skilled in that arm wrestle of a match actually made me feel somewhat uncomfortable about potentially playing them again last year to be honest. Not many teams have been able to do that to us at skilled.

They have A very good midfield that has underperformed a lot in my opinion, think this year their midfield will be the best it will ever be with this group, boak wines ebert Hartlett Polec Powell pepper Robbie Grey Sam Grey all rotating through a midfield is quite elite, plus paddy Ryder feeding it down... it is the best midfield in the AFL or equal best at that.

Spazz Cat

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 10, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong
Really thought how they pushed us to the very last seconds down at skilled in that arm wrestle of a match actually made me feel somewhat uncomfortable about potentially playing them again last year to be honest. Not many teams have been able to do that to us at skilled.

They have A very good midfield that has underperformed a lot in my opinion, think this year their midfield will be the best it will ever be with this group, boak wines ebert Hartlett Polec Powell pepper Robbie Grey Sam Grey all rotating through a midfield is quite elite, plus paddy Ryder feeding it down... it is the best midfield in the AFL or equal best at that.
I feel a bit the same except I think their downfall is Kenny's reluctance to drop underperforming players and instead he just gets tough on the fringe players to look like he's making a stand when they lose.
Boak is just terrible and shouldn't even be in the side IMO, & Hartlett only tries about every 4 or 5 weeks along with a couple of others.
I don't believe the coach & club is ruthless enough to drop some of these players, instead they'll just drop Sam Gray once a month.
Because of this I don't think they'll improve a hell of a lot on last year.

Mirrors broken is it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not a bad comeback.
Richmond supporters probably have the right to be a little cheeky for a while.:thumbsu:

Jan 13, 2006
melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
geelong
I feel a bit the same except I think their downfall is Kenny's reluctance to drop underperforming players and instead he just gets tough on the fringe players to look like he's making a stand when they lose.
Boak is just terrible and shouldn't even be in the side IMO, & Hartlett only tries about every 4 or 5 weeks along with a couple of others.
I don't believe the coach & club is ruthless enough to drop some of these players, instead they'll just drop Sam Gray once a month.
Because of this I don't think they'll improve a hell of a lot on last year.

Don’t think Hinkley is a great coach at all, just an average one. Defensively he is a horrible tactician, he does not have the tactical nous as someone like Scott and Clarkson.

But their list is very good, especially midfield.

All at the right age and balance. If they are going to challenge it is this year for them.

Either way I couldn’t care how they perform.

Hawks... always Hawks.
And then Hawks.

Pies also - Like to get Freo too..

And for being petulant FLOGS ( albeit winning FLOGS) the Tigers.

GO Catters

In preference:
  1. Hawthorn - it's always good to beat them;
  2. Richmond - to shut the ******* Tiger fans up;
  3. Adelaide - to avenge Finals
  4. Fremantle - just despise them, a close second to Poos+Wees;
  5. WCE - despise them too, equally with Fockers

Do not care if we finish 2-20 as long as we win Home and Away to Whoreforn.
Although it would be death of me, I am desperate to see Geelong demolish (Port style) Poos+Wees in a GF - but it has to be a Geelong win!

I expect them to slip backwards on this year to be honest. Hodge was a coach on the ground last year, parked in the backline he literally set up where there defenders took their positions.

Without him and his organisation I expect them to get exposed.

My hope too, Willo. It was so sweet to seek Hawks slide from third in 2017 to 12th in 2017!

Want Geelong to flog them in the H&A + icing on the cake would be Hawthorn to finish 12th or lower (please)

Back