Oppo Camp Non-Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're trying to start up a Hawks style rivalry with us for some reason.
Probably cause we're the only Vic team they had to play finals against in their soft**** premiership & even we aren't a MCG tenant lol.
They don't understand we couldn't give a s**t about them and nearly every cat fan was actually happy for them when they won the flag cause we felt really sorry for them.

I still feel sorry for them, they aren’t handling the only success they’ve ever seen very well are they.

I guess it's like Cats fans whinging about playing their home final at the MCG when playing Richmond but then happy to do so the following week when playing Sydney.
Pretty sure the issue raised was about selling items for profit.

Not sure how you drug it into where games are played but i guess i shouldn't expect too much I guess.

GO Catters

Every topic involving the Tigers always ends with the QF ground debate
Which would be ok except for the Coaches anger at playing at KP when we won, he was very, very angry as he obviously assumed they would win. Of course when they won at their home ground he was quiet.

The media-led Richmond whinge fest about having to play round 21 down here was bonkers though, surely you can admit that? Capped off perfectly with Brian Cook showing his disappointment that the Tiggie faithful, despite their bleating, failed to fulfill their paltry ticket allocation. :)
The whinging about round 21 was media driven as you said, but the whinging about the final was pure salty tears from Geelong fans who felt intimidated by Richmond fans booing, they must be oblivious to 30000+ Cats fans who boo every non Geelong decision at your ground, one even renounced her membership because of it. I guess that happens when you have to play a game at a ground where it isn't 95% Cats fans there to comfort each other. As for not using our paltry ticket allocation we more than made up for that by taking the majority of the Cats allocation for the final.

Look forward to seeing how many of you venture up the highway to attend the 2 games at the MCG this year, that is if you're not too scared to attend games with us 'rabid' Tigers fans. :)

The whinging about round 21 was media driven as you said, but the whinging about the final was pure salty tears from Geelong fans who felt intimidated by Richmond fans booing, they must be oblivious to 30000+ Cats fans who boo every non Geelong decision at your ground, one even renounced her membership because of it. I guess that happens when you have to play a game at a ground where it isn't 95% Cats fans there to comfort each other. As for not using our paltry ticket allocation we more than made up for that by taking the majority of the Cats allocation for the final.

Look forward to seeing how many of you venture up the highway to attend the 2 games at the MCG this year, that is if you're not too scared to attend games with us 'rabid' Tigers fans. :)

You lost idiot?

Pretty sure the issue raised was about selling items for profit.

Not sure how you drug it into where games are played but i guess i shouldn't expect too much I guess.

GO Catters
Just highlighting that we're not the only mob with double standards. Plus the time to have tried to sell premiership cans for a massive mark up was when we were still euphoric from winning the damn thing. Back then a few morons might have paid the $100 asking price. Like most things down Geelong way, old mate seems to be way behind the times.

If you genuinely believe the majority of Geelong supporters are somehow intimidated by a few feral Tiggie supporters, then this is an argument that's simply not worth having. The constant booing of just about everything at most AFL games these days is a massive blight on the sport, and dare I say it, seems to mostly come from the mouths of those who appear completely clueless.

It's probably no wonder then that the Tiggie supporters are up there as the most 'boo-happy' of the lot. :D

I still feel sorry for them, they aren’t handling the only success they’ve ever seen very well are they.

What do you mean "the only success they've ever seen"?
I was at their previous premiership win.
Ended up rotten as a chop and fell asleep at Spencer st. station and missed the last train home.
Luckily I was saved by some Crow eaters.

What do you mean "the only success they've ever seen"?
I was at their previous premiership win.
Ended up rotten as a chop and fell asleep at Spencer st. station and missed the last train home.
Luckily I was saved by some Crow eaters.

They're tugger fans, they don't tend to live to an ripe old(er) age like your good self.
Most of the flogs floating around BF are "young" and not used to success, which is fine because it'll escape them again very shortly and normality will resume.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They're tugger fans, they don't tend to live to an ripe old(er) age like your good self.
Most of the flogs floating around BF are "young" and not used to success, which is fine because it'll escape them again very shortly and normality will resume.

Yep. It's not like Geelong fans had to wait 44 years for a premiership. Is it?

You should be beating it at home then, not here.
It is impossible to have a sensible discussion with them. They got the golden ticket last year but this year I fear Essendon has one of those tickets. Wait and see what happens.

I very much doubt they’ll back it up.
I agree, and as for their coach, he makes every other coach look great. We have a good chance this year but again we will be against the flow of the afl even with Steve there.

I agree, and as for their coach, he makes every other coach look great. We have a good chance this year but again we will be against the flow of the afl even with Steve there.

They’ll go the same way as the Dogs last year. Won’t really look likely.

We have a chance. Got the personnel, but have we got the game plan, and have we eliminated the slow, sideways movement with the stupid, loopy handballs and blind kicks?

They’ll go the same way as the Dogs last year. Won’t really look likely.

We have a chance. Got the personnel, but have we got the game plan, and have we eliminated the slow, sideways movement with the stupid, loopy handballs and blind kicks?
That style of play is generated because of no flexibility in the forward line. This year we will have many more options. People bag Scott but he has actually done very good at keeping us compedative with some serious problems. Now he has 1 or 2 years of being able to change style as needed. It will be interesting to see how it pans out.

Cheaper than laser mate!

My departed older brother had the tatts on his forearms surgically removed and the skin grafted from inside his thighs. That was long before laser surgery. He was in the Navy as a young bloke and did some really dumb things.

My departed older brother had the tatts on his forearms surgically removed and the skin grafted from inside his thighs. That was long before laser surgery. He was in the Navy as a young bloke and did some really dumb things.

Grafts? That had to hurt!

It’s fascinating watching people make silent judgements because of tatts.

Move along.

You should be beating it at home then, not here.

I think he's beating something, but it's not a Tom Tom.

Funny thing about the QF was BT was going nuts about it possibly being played in Geelong while "commentating" the Richmond-Saints game in the last round of the season - and that was even before the times and venues were being announced.

Not only that, but Tigger fans were whinging 5 years earlier too when they were scheduled to play us down here while the Players Stand was being constructed, and that was even before they became relevant again!

Which normality is that though? The one where they had a 37 year drought and we won three flags? Or the one where we had a 44 year drought and they won five?

Given the actual Planet Earth reality is that they’ve won more flags and their head to head finals record is better, as I said I don’t know why we’d need to feel sorry for them. St.Kilda, the Dogs, and North perhaps. Not Richmond.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back