News 2018 Pre-season, huff, puff, houses-trained-down and NEWS

Dec 11, 2009
AFL Club
Geelong
Hard to say. You could also argue it was maturity with age that made them better players regardless of experience. Maturity helps enormously with pyschological aspects.

Maturity......that’s the word.

Maturity in attitude, application, awareness of weaknesses, and ability to admit / address them.

I know he is the new whipping boy but no chance that is Stanley.
You're right Stanley was restricted to running drills and didn't take part in the match simulation
Big man Rhys Stanley and speedster Jordan Murdoch were both forced to skip Thursday’s session but fortunately they were each able to complete a series of running exercises away from the main group.
http://www.geelongadvertiser.com.au...k/news-story/84705d1292eb132e847f9e17df6714fb

Begs the question that if Gaz had never left would we have gotten Dangerfield or even gone after him at all?
We would have but we would have needed to lose someone good at that time to fit them all in.

I don't think we'll know if Menegola has improved or not until the Finals.
Odd way to look at it. Could only be true if he couldn’t possibly have a better H&A season than 2017. Of course he can.

Sep 11, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong
The fog needs a hair stylist, looks like Carol from the Brady bunch
1A5B7D3D-4D8D-4253-B4C3-1049C805520F.jpeg

Burtyl78

All Australian
Feb 8, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong
Joel went off with a card, not with an ankle injury. He still looked a bit proppy - presumably carrying a bit of the injury from earlier in 17 but wouldn't be in full training now if he wasn't 100%.

You're probably getting your Selwoods mixed up.
Sorry was referring to Dangerfield hurting his back when getting run down from behind in the international rules

Feb 9, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
Odd way to look at it. Could only be true if he couldn’t possibly have a better H&A season than 2017. Of course he can.

He can, but he won't.
He'll give us what he gave us last year (which is ideal really).

Even if he does play better in the 2018 H&A season, given his Finals record, he'll need to show those improvements mean he can compete in the highest pressure games.

Give it 6 games and we'll know.
The specific criticism of Menegola going missing in Finals is relevant - but to be in his first full season of AFL he's been pretty bloody good.

What he needs to work on is the same thing that Duncan took the last 3 seasons to get right was consistency.
I reckon its a bit harsh to flog him on not having it in his first year or purely because he's 26 - but he also needs to find it faster than Mitch did.

Its gonna take time for sure but he needs to take steps this year with it.

Go Catters

BORIS332

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 22, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
The specific criticism of Menegola going missing in Finals is relevant - but to be in his first full season of AFL he's been pretty bloody good.

What he needs to work on is the same thing that Duncan took the last 3 seasons to get right was consistency.
I reckon its a bit harsh to flog him on not having it in his first year or purely because he's 26 - but he also needs to find it faster than Mitch did.

Its gonna take time for sure but he needs to take steps this year with it.

Go Catters

I don’t buy the “first year of AFL” excuse. He’s been in the system for almost a decade.

Back