Opinion Hurn... is he the right guy for captain?

Is Hurn the right guy for captain?

• Yes, he is the best because he is a good guy and he has receding hair.

• No, let him back off the leash to be a beast like Brock Lesnar.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Seen the article on on tbe afl website yesterday,was absolutely shocked,afterall i had seen many ,many a post from eagles supporters assuring all and sundry that shuey was a shoo in to be captain this year.
Do you think its because hes actually not that well liked by the playing group?, ive heard plenty rumours round perth that this is indeed the case.
Apparently shueys a rather fond of himself ,is quite aloof and self centred and doeznt really mix with the alot of the playing group. Have also heard hasnt been invited to quite a few other players social functions

Only rumours i know but it would explain alot as this is voted on by his peers . It was also ratified by the coaches so you d think it must have some merit
Do you think this will be a stumbling block to him in the future for the role?,or will his supposedly large ego stop him from fulfilling his destiny as most of you seem to think it is?
Keen to get an unbiased and informative view on the topic from eagles supporters

Last edited:

Seen the article on on tbe afl website yesterday,was absolutely shocked,i had seen many ,many a post from eagles supporters assuring all and sundry that shuey was a shoo in to be captain this year.
Do you think its because hes actually not that well liked by the playing group?, ive heard plenty rumours round perth that this is indeed the case.
Apparently shueys a rather fond of himself ,is quite aloof and self centred and doeznt really mix with the alot of the playing group. Have also heard hasnt been invited to quite a few other players social functions

Only rumours i know but it would explain alot as this is voted on by his peers . It was also ratified by the coaches so you d think it must have some merit
Do you think this will be a stumbling block to him in the future for the role?,or will his supposedly large ego stop him from fulfilling his destiny as most of you seem to think it is?
Keen to get an unbiased and informative view on the topic from eagles supporters
Wasn't Nat Fyfe apparently hated by the playing group and very demonstrative towards the other players and their training standards? Now you dont hear a peep about that. Make the change and move on, they are all adults.

My opinion is a captain should generally captain whilst they’re at their peak. We’ve missed a boat here and if shuey is captain later on, it won’t be as good and we’ll be in a similar situation.

Would hurn have kicked that goal against port? Aww hell no. He would have crumbled and stubbed his toe.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Fond of himself, aloof, not really mixing with a lot of the others , certainly cost Jakovich any chance years ago, so Shuey take note !!

Seen the article on on tbe afl website yesterday,was absolutely shocked,afterall i had seen many ,many a post from eagles supporters assuring all and sundry that shuey was a shoo in to be captain this year.

Lol! Been holding onto this one since 2016 have you?

Not huge on the entire "leadership group" bull s**t.

Captain, Vice Captain and Deputy Vice Captain. Don't need any more than that. Reeks of the kind of turd that that stupid company that Luke Darcy used to run would spew out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

some of his brief media appearances left me thinking he is some what immature. I suspect he is a good footballer but not a leader.

From a person looking from the outside he's only the captain because he's great bloke, doesnt seem to ooze captaincy qualities, shuey does, I cringe every time he has a interviews, its like listening to an old farmer:drunk:

I thought the same about Glass - but from all accounts he was outstanding as a leader and has since picked up 'leadership roles' at other clubs, namely Adelaide and now Hawthorn (?)

Maybe there is something we cannot see.

I do remember when Kennedy, Hurn and Priddis (?) were reportedly & supposedly auditioning for the role of Capt that Hurn seemed to be far more demonstrative on the field than the other candidates.

Back