UFC 221 - PERTH - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I question how hard Romero actually took the weight cut

He clearly thinks he's special and above everyone, and because he was called late he feels he doesn't have to bother to make the weight.

But claims he is he for the fight and the fans. Don't bother if you can't qualify mate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He clearly thinks he's special and above everyone, and because he was called late he feels he doesn't have to bother to make the weight.

But claims he is he for the fight and the fans. Don't bother if you can't qualify mate.

Show us how easy it is then. Post a pic of you on the scales today, then show us one in 4 weeks time where you've dropped 20+ pounds. It's the first time he's misses weight to my knowledge, so to suggest it's due to the short notice isn't too far fetched.

On the fights, Nguyen losing was a shame, but the finish was spectacular. Pedro's kimura was amazing and Israel looked like the real deal. Hoping Matthews looks much better than last time out or he'll likely take a beating.

He took the fight on 4 weeks notice and missed by just over a kg. It's not like he is outta shape either lol

This seems like a massive overreaction to me.

Also, the amount of times fighters have missed weight since the early weigh-ins were implemented has sky rocketed. So that contributes along with the dramatic time shift.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/mmaju...problem-or-solution-uriah-hall-dana-white/amp

Show us how easy it is then. Post a pic of you on the scales today, then show us one in 4 weeks time where you've dropped 20+ pounds. It's the first time he's misses weight to my knowledge, so to suggest it's due to the short notice isn't too far fetched.

On the fights, Nguyen losing was a shame, but the finish was spectacular. Pedro's kimura was amazing and Israel looked like the real deal. Hoping Matthews looks much better than last time out or he'll likely take a beating.

Nah, dudes a paid professional, doing the whole “if it’s so easy then you do it” thing is silly. Might be the first time but when you take the fight whilst already in camp with a month to make championship weight it’s on you if you miss.

Nah, dudes a paid professional, doing the whole “if it’s so easy then you do it” thing is silly. Might be the first time but when you take the fight whilst already in camp with a month to make championship weight it’s on you if you miss.

Agreed that it's silly, just like shitting on the guy for missing weight once in his career. If you or others don't like the guy, that's fine but to pile on over what seems like an unfortunate circumstance is just as bad.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back