UFC 221 - PERTH - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Agreed that it's silly, just like shitting on the guy for missing weight once in his career. If you or others don't like the guy, that's fine but to pile on over what seems like an unfortunate circumstance is just as bad.

I’m not shitting on him, I don’t like the guy but regardless of my feelings on him he deserves whatever criticism is leveled at him for ruining an already ruined event. Not like he’s never had a “mishap” before either. Dudes been pinged for drugs, twice dragged between rounds to gain an advantage, he’s no angel.

I’m not shitting on him, I don’t like the guy but regardless of my feelings on him he deserves whatever criticism is leveled at him for ruining an already ruined event. Not like he’s never had a “mishap” before either. Dudes been pinged for drugs, twice dragged between rounds to gain an advantage, he’s no angel.
How'd him missing weight by 1 kg ruin the event?

Surely you weren't putting any significance on this interim title fight?

The UFC ruined this event by booking it the way they did.

Also, he was cleared due to tainted supplement. Is he a drug cheat? Maybe, but that's the same answer you could give for the rest of the roster.

How'd him missing weight by 1 kg ruin the event?

Surely you weren't putting any significance on this interim title fight?

The UFC ruined this event by booking it the way they did.

Also, he was cleared due to tainted supplement. Is he a drug cheat? Maybe, but that's the same answer you could give for the rest of the roster.

Hence ruining an already ruined event.

I don’t really care but defending a dude who has at best a “chequered” history and at worst a “cheating” history because you think the average bloke couldn’t shave 20 pounds in 4 weeks is a bizarre argument. He’s a professional fighter taking a fight on a months notice and he missed weight. It’s his fault.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t really care but defending a dude who has at best a “chequered” history and at worst a “cheating” history because you think the average bloke couldn’t shave 20 pounds in 4 weeks is a bizarre argument. He’s a professional fighter taking a fight on a months notice and he missed weight. It’s his fault.
Alright dude, everyone's entitled to the wrong opinion #noforgayjesus! :p

Giving him the benefit of the doubt over something that he hasn't done before is hardly defending all the past sins of his that you keep bringing up. Not one of them influenced his most recent weight cut either.

Can I expect you'll be tuning out of the Hunt fight? He got arrested in the early 2000's you know. I'm sure he's sat on the stool a bit too long once or twice or inadvertantly eyepoked a guy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back