UFC 221 - PERTH - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Disagree. Romero cant go hard for 5 rounds. He will have a flurry then need 3-4 minutes to recover. Rockhold needed to force the pace and gas out the mountain of muscle that Romero is.
Yoel is a ******* beast. I mean, he went 5 with Whittaker. And either way...5 rounds is tough no matter who u are.

**** Whittaker v Romeo. That should not happen within the next year. Or should it? What do u guys think?

It counts for nothing because title fights aren’t given on merit but missing weight for the interim title fight should mean he has to win another before he gets a shot, having said that I think Dana confirmed it already. I’ll watch.

It counts for nothing because title fights aren’t given on merit but missing weight for the interim title fight should mean he has to win another before he gets a shot, having said that I think Dana confirmed it already. I’ll watch.
Yeah, I heard Dana gave it the Yes.

Well, I guess the good thing is, it is the best of the best. I hope Whittaker *s him up.

Yeah, I heard Dana gave it the Yes.

Well, I guess the good thing is, it is the best of the best. I hope Whittaker ****s him up.

There’s no question he’s the 2nd best middleweight in the world (Romero that is). He might be the scariest man on the UFC roster at large to be honest. The physique, the athleticism and the bizarre personality.

I hate him and love Whittaker too, real good vs evil persona for the ufc to sell.

**** Whittaker v Romeo. That should not happen within the next year. Or should it? What do u guys think?
I dont know how Romero lost the interim title figgt v Whittaker and then his next fight was for the interim title.

So who the * knows with the UFC

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Not going to demonise Romero or anything and acknowledge its the first time he's missed weight, but what incentive is there to make weight for an interim title fight?

Has to be a more than a monetary punishment, which now with a likely title shot is almost irrelevant.

3 pounds over indicates at least a week or two out we should have heard something. He's taken full advantage of not busting his arse to make weight, because if he did, he wouldnt have performed like he did today.

F*** titles and just have them all fight for cash. Absolute joke.

Not going to demonise Romero or anything and acknowledge its the first time he's missed weight, but what incentive is there to make weight for an interim title fight?

Has to be a more than a monetary punishment, which now with a likely title shot is almost irrelevant.

3 pounds over indicates at least a week or two out we should have heard something. He's taken full advantage of not busting his arse to make weight, because if he did, he wouldnt have performed like he did today.

Very good point

Not making weight is unprofessional and weak as piss. He didn't give a *. WATER WEIGHT. Fluid loss is the bulk of what professionals lose. Like the boxers that come in 10-20 pounds heavier AFTER weigh in.

He could have lost it if he wanted to .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

how many times has henricks missed weight? Brazilian cowboy?
ufc is all about the money as we all know.

side note volk is so small for his weigh div. someone like Rodriguez would be tough test

I don't think anyone is suggesting Romero is a serial offender for missing weight but its hard to ignore his plethora of indiscretions. He seems to have an issue adhering to the rules in general.

Couple that with the weird "no gay for Jesus" and what most aussies would call "offensively in your face religious stuff" and hes a heel.

Mark Hunt suing anyone for his loss yesterday yet?

Guess it depends if Curtis Blaydes gets poped fro steroids and the UFC turns a blind eye

You really believe this is the case? It's an interesting point, but I doubt he missed on purpose. Christ knows...

You really believe this is the case? It's an interesting point, but I doubt he missed on purpose. Christ knows...

I'm not sure if it was a purposeful decision (as in he went "I could make weight but its too much hassle and it ruins my cardio so f**k it") or he tried his best and his body just stopped stripping, either way I think Ryz point is spot on, the title shots in the UFC used to mean something, now its a bit of a joke. Romero getting one from this after missing weight shows they don't really care, if they did they would make Romero fight someone else.

Money fights are the new biz and we probs need to accept it.

FWIW weve seen Romero have cardio issues before so I think he definitely benefitted from not making weight here.

I just watched a four minute hot take from Chael Sonnen on the Romero v Rockhold fight and it sort of changes my mind.

He made the point that weve never actually seen Romero have any cardio issues, just that weve seen him look tired, its never stopped him or made him lose really. So that, I have to agree with, he seems to use his flat footed, I'm tired routine to fox his opponent, which is clever.

I also completely agreed with Chael on the weight, Romero walks out a champion (interim or not) if he beats the scales.

I also completely agreed with Chael on the weight, Romero walks out a champion (interim or not) if he beats the scales.

Love listening to Chael with his serious takes, havent had a chance to listen.

What did he mean about the scales? If he made weight, should have been outright champion?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back