Club Mgmt. Bombers eSports - Licence sold to Pentanet.GG - 2/11

Remove this Banner Ad

I keep reading the thread title as "lego revealed"
going hard on the merch :p
2565880-o_1ao1jvincj1d1an85v9m2o1ub5g-thumbnail.jpg

Got flogged.
I don't think flogged does it any justice. At the risk of sounding like a complete nerd, every engagement from the bombers was terrible. Missed/Wasted ultimates as well as general bad play. Avants ADC was just allowed to do what they want and they were beaten in every lane. Their biggest enemy is themselves at the moment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think flogged does it any justice. At the risk of sounding like a complete nerd, every engagement from the bombers was terrible. Missed/Wasted ultimates as well as general bad play. Avants ADC was just allowed to do what they want and they were beaten in every lane. Their biggest enemy is themselves at the moment.

I'm only just now making myself familiar with it as a game, so I'd be lying if I said I understood what was happening.

But the 'vibe' I got almost immediately was that they were completely outclassed.

Conceptually, I’m very happy with the intent here.

Genuinely think this will bear fruit in the coming years.
Huh.

All your posting on the topic made me think you were against the idea.

What's next years draft looking like?
12 year old kid playing out of his nans basement in Brunswick that looks like the next faker. Gonna be a ripping get at #1.

12 year old kid playing out of his nans basement in Brunswick that looks like the next faker. Gonna be a ripping get at #1.

Nice. Hopefully Dodoro can pull the wool over the rest of the comp like he did with Jake Long & Elliot Kavangah, and we can pick him up with our second rounder.

My son asked me what esports was this morning. I couldn't really answer, but things are a little more clear now. Strange times...

Blizzard have indicated that they'll be seeking up to $35million dollars for a team license in next years Overwatch league. The numbers with regards to sponsorships are getting to insane levels.

If we can get our esports business up and running early, there's lots of money to be made in this space.

Blizzard have indicated that they'll be seeking up to $35million dollars for a team license in next years Overwatch league. The numbers with regards to sponsorships are getting to insane levels.

If we can get our esports business up and running early, there's lots of money to be made in this space.

wait what?

A couple of years ago teams were owned by Youtubers, is it that big of a figure attached these days?

wait what?

A couple of years ago teams were owned by Youtubers, is it that big of a figure attached these days?

It's attracting big sporting corporation these days - The owners of Arsenal have a team in LA, the patriots Owners have Boston, The Mets COO owns the New York team and the Philadelphia Flyers owners have a Philadelphia team. They each paid $20 million to be involved in the start up of the league.

http://www.espn.com/esports/story/_...ansion-face-serious-stumbling-blocks-overseas

It's insane the numbers being thrown around. It's all because of the target viewership - mostly young males between 12 and 30. That's the dream target market for a lot of big advertisers. If it wasn't such a huge amount I'd want Essendon to try to get into the Overwatch league as well - there's no teams based in Australia yet and we're a great time zone for East Asian viewership, which is a massive esports market, especially China. The potential rewards would be huge.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back