BaseballJunkie

Draftee
Feb 5, 2018
Central Florida, USA
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Boston Red Sox
Hello, and thanks for the welcome! Most mid-life crises involve buying a new motorcycle or some such. For me, I’m becoming obsessed with the Australian sports scene. I remember watching footy when it would be shown here in the USA on cable back in the early 1990’s, but it was hard to follow it, since cable stopped showing games and there was no internet. Somehow, I started watching again (mostly old games on YouTube) and I really love it. Since I’m new to the scene, I have to reserve the right to change teams...all I really have to go on are old games on YouTube, which teams have cool guernseys, and team songs. So far I’ve narrowed it down to Adelaide, Richmond (I swear it’s not because they were in the Grand Finals), Carlton, Sydney and West Coast. But I’m open to suggestions (and maybe bribes...kidding, of course). Thanks again for the welcome!

Team: Adelaide, maybe. Not sure.

Other Sports: Baseball, ice hockey, American Football, Rugby (both kinds), Gaelic Hurling

Favourite Foods: Pizza, chocolate

Favourite Drinks: it was Coca Cola, until my doctor told me to cut down

Best Holiday Spot: Boston, USA

Favourite Cartoon Character: Daffy Duck or Foghorn Leghorn

Most amazing thing I've done or seen: Saw my daughter born

Hobbies: Sports video games. Currently at 9 different sports.

Favourite Video Games: NHL 18, MLB the Show 17, AFL Evolution

G'day mate and welcome to BigFooty!

Its always great to have new fans from all over the world following our great game. I am also a big fan of American sports following the Thunder in your NBA (not that their much good lol)

Anyway its great that you have nominated Carlton as one of your choices and I highly recommend you make Carlton your sole team. Carlton has won the most premierships in the history of the VFL/AFL with 16, has the most passionate supporters in the league and has always been regarded as one of the "Big 4" clubs in the league. It also may interest you that our jersey unlike most others which have stripes etc actually has the club logo in the middle of it making it one of the most recognisable jerseys in the league.
0EE1AEC7-E280-5C98-46FC9BA3FFC92543Guernsey_1000x1000.jpg

Our theme song is also one of the most recognisable in the league too:

And also if you want to sign up and become Bound By Blue, here's the place; https://membership.carltonfc.com.au/

At least the Thunder are better than my Orlando Magic (aka Tragic). Rebuilding again...but is it rebuilding if they didn’t have anything decent built in the first place?

Still AFL team shopping, for now. Big Footy made me select a team to open my account, but I’m still not sure. How wrong would it be to follow a Victorian team and another one from another state?

At least the Thunder are better than my Orlando Magic (aka Tragic). Rebuilding again...but is it rebuilding if they didn’t have anything decent built in the first place?

Still AFL team shopping, for now. Big Footy made me select a team to open my account, but I’m still not sure. How wrong would it be to follow a Victorian team and another one from another state?
Welcome. As the most esteemed Admin, it is my job to nudge you towards the best team in the comp - Carlton.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Green Bay Packers; my ex-brother-in law was a used car salesmen from Wisconsin and convinced me to be a Packers fan back in the 1980’s...That dude could sell ice to Eskimos.
Packers a historical team with green and yellow colours. Currently a strong offense and a weak defense.

No team matches in colours or mascot, however currently a strong attacking team and poor defensively with history could be Essendon

Adelaide are always competitive but haven't gone all the way in 20 years (Sydney is the same except they have won 2 premierships the past decade). If you're looking for a decent team desperate for success I would stick with them.

Also we have the most active community on BF, which may be a good thing for Americans because our time zones are opposite.

BaseballJunkie

Carlton are terrible and have been terrible for 25 years. Support them at your own peril.
See the thing about us BaseballJunkie is that we've been so successful over time the other clubs are still jealous of us. Yeah our last 15 years haven't been great but all clubs have their ups and downs. Essendon haven't won a flag since 2000 and haven't won a final for 15 years and were recently caught taking performance enhancing drugs so they'd be the last club to support.

The blues pose one of the most exciting, young lists in the comp and it won't be long until they return to the top!

See the thing about us BaseballJunkie is that we've been so successful over time the other clubs are still jealous of us. Yeah our last 15 years haven't been great but all clubs have their ups and downs. Essendon haven't won a flag since 2000 and haven't won a final for 15 years and were recently caught taking performance enhancing drugs so they'd be the last club to support.

The blues pose one of the most exciting, young lists in the comp and it won't be long until they return to the top!

lol very sad post

Remove this Banner Ad

Back