Draft Profile Early reports on new draftees...

Remove this Banner Ad

Rayner definitely deserves the title of the overall number 1 pick. Training reports are coming through and they are extremely positive. Black like hands in close, Dangerfield burst from stoppages and Dusty power through the hips and core. Also his defensive efforts are insane for a rookie. He will be the greatest player of all time ;)

Rayner is going to hurt some people this year.

He crashed a tackle in the intra club match, dislocating one of Josh Walkers fingers, causing sever bruising to Sam Mayes right hip, and knocked Mitch Robinson out cold.

All in one tackle.

Oh, and be a little afraid of what McCluggage and Mathieson will produce this year.

He crashed a tackle in the intra club match, dislocating one of Josh Walkers fingers, causing sever bruising to Sam Mayes right hip, and knocked Mitch Robinson out cold.

All in one tackle.

Oh, and be a little afraid of what McCluggage and Mathieson will produce this year.

Be afraid...be very afraid
DVzTEG9U0AUBRWp.jpg

A draftee, albeit a second-coming draftee, Jarrod Garlett is displaying plenty to get excited about for Carlton folk.
Guy has plenty of tricks, kicks well off either foot and seems to be enjoying his football. Early days of course, but it's looking good.

Dow is going to be a gun. Not much doubt about this at all.
A likely first round starter, that will need to be managed, but could yet se plenty of games in 2018.

All in one tackle.

You just won the wooden spoon.... You might wanna chill out a tad.

I know there's a chance that this will be one of those posts that in hindsight will make you want to punch yourself in the pace (case in point me getting caught up in the incredible fervour and ludicrous narrative of West Coast's impossible last grasp into the finals), but it's legitimately good to see some excitement about the Lions again.

Lot of nostalgia as a kid watching them on the Saturday night timeslot in front of a packed Gabba (when full and passionate a very underrated venue for footy) playing fast and exciting football. That 2009 elimination final v Carlton was probably the pinnacle of that but do feel a bit sad for the past seeing the dispirited side in recent years mope around out of their depth in the early Sunday timeslot in front of a small and depressed handful of faithfuls.

Last year saw some good growth and expecting to see more of it this year with quality kids getting further into their development and the addition of more fresh faces. Rockliff's still going to be a gun for us though!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As last years wooden spoon to this years wooden spooner.... what has that got to do with anything about this thread? Or what I posted?
We obliterated you with all our youngsters in our most recent game. I wouldn't chalk us down just yet.

"Be a little afraid"? sounds like you think your young guns are gonna send a message to the competition, no?

Rayner definitely deserves the title of the overall number 1 pick.

I'll need a little bit more than a couple of training reports before I can come to that conclusion.

Nathan Murphy has looked impressive in match sim. Kicking has been excellent according to regular training watchers. I think he’ll spend most of the year in the VFL because he needs to put on size but signs are looking good.

We obliterated you with all our youngsters in our most recent game. I wouldn't chalk us down just yet.

"Be a little afraid"? sounds like you think your young guns are gonna send a message to the competition, no?
Dude, do you pick on wet paper bags as well?

Good going to try and make something out of a fun post and thread.

I was a massive fan of Coffield before the draft but saw him as someone who might take time as opposed to Clark who I thought looked more ready to go at AFL level.

From all reports though, the club are extremely impressed with Coffield. He’s been training with the midfield group and most expect to see him debut early in the season.

He is not referring to Jetta at West Coast (ex Sydney), who is not known for contested footy, but the guy at Melbourne who plays half back and is excellent as a one-on-one defender.
'Legs like tooth picks but can kick a goal from 55 with ease '

It was definitely a comment about lewis jetta just read back mate and you will see

I was a massive fan of Coffield before the draft but saw him as someone who might take time as opposed to Clark who I thought looked more ready to go at AFL level.

From all reports though, the club are extremely impressed with Coffield. He’s been training with the midfield group and most expect to see him debut early in the season.

Sam Fisher replacement?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back