Radio 1116 SEN 2024 Line-up

Remove this Banner Ad

Loved the Oz and Marko. So did the listeners.

That makes sense. The people who didnt love them, like me, switched SEN off. Ratings would say that about 2% of the listening population listened to them.

Not much love for Marko and Ox really. Hardly any in fact. Great call to sack them. If they were any good they'd have walked into another job like Granland. And if they were smart they would have been looking around as soon as Hutchy was mentioned irrespective of what they were told regarding new contracts. Their law suit just proves they are stupid and untalented.

The people who didn't love them [Marco and Ox], like me, switched SEN off.
Ratings would say that about 2% of the listening population listened to them.

Not much love for Marko and Ox really. Hardly any in fact. Great call to sack them. If they were any good they'd have walked into another job like Granland. And if they were smart they would have been looking around as soon as Hutchy was mentioned irrespective of what they were told regarding new contracts. Their law suit just proves they are stupid and untalented.
Here I go again. HA.
It bugs me a little when people try to back their points with made up ratings.

Yes, they rated crap last year, and arguably deserved to get the arse, but I'm pretty sure they never rated less than 3.5, let alone as low as 2.

Fair enough, I guess, if you wanna say that I'm being nitpicky, and that 3.5 isn't much less crap than 2, but still.......

Here are all Marco and Ox's ratings I could find, going back to survey three, 2010

1) 3.5 ..... 3.9 ...... 4.0 ...... 3.9 ...... 4.6 ..... 3.6 ..... 4.0
2) 5.1 ..... 4.1 ...... 5.1 ...... 4.1 ...... 4.6 ..... 3.7 ..... 4.3
3) 4.8 ..... 4.2 ...... 5.9 ...... 4.8 ...... 5.6 ..... 5.2 ..... 6.4 ..... 5.5
4) 3.8 ..... 5.1 ...... 4.8 ...... 5.2 ...... 6.2 ..... 5.6 ..... 7.0 ..... 5.0
5) 4.3 ..... 5.9 ...... 4.4 ...... 6.2 ...... 5.3 ..... 5.6 ..... 7.5 ..... 5.6
6) 3.8 ..... 5.4 ...... 4.6 ...... 6.0 ...... 5.1 ..... 5.1 ..... 7.2 ..... 6.1
7) 3.6 ..... 5.5 ...... 4.5 ...... 5.3 ...... 6.1 ..... 4.4 ..... 5.2 ..... 6.0
8) 3.5 ..... 4.8 ...... 4.0 ...... 5.3 ...... 5.2 ..... 4.9 ..... 5.0 ..... 5.1

Last edited:

Here I go again. HA.
It bugs me a little when try to back their points with made up ratings.

Yes, they rated crap last year, and arguably deserved to get the arse, but I'm pretty sure they never rated less than 3.5, let alone as low as 2.

Here are all Marco and Ox's ratings I could find, going back to survey three, 2010

1) 3.5 ..... 3.9 ...... 4.0 ...... 3.9 ...... 4.6 ..... 3.6 ..... 4.0
2) 5.1 ..... 4.1 ...... 5.1 ...... 4.1 ...... 4.6 ..... 3.7 ..... 4.3
3) 4.8 ..... 4.2 ...... 5.9 ...... 4.8 ...... 5.6 ..... 5.2 ..... 6.4 ..... 5.5
4) 3.8 ..... 5.1 ...... 4.8 ...... 5.2 ...... 6.2 ..... 5.6 ..... 7.0 ..... 5.0
5) 4.3 ..... 5.9 ...... 4.4 ...... 6.2 ...... 5.3 ..... 5.6 ..... 7.5 ..... 5.6
6) 3.8 ..... 5.4 ...... 4.6 ...... 6.0 ...... 5.1 ..... 5.1 ..... 7.2 ..... 6.1
7) 3.6 ..... 5.5 ...... 4.5 ...... 5.3 ...... 6.1 ..... 4.4 ..... 5.2 ..... 6.0
8) 3.5 ..... 4.8 ...... 4.0 ...... 5.3 ...... 5.2 ..... 4.9 ..... 5.0 ..... 5.1

2007 Ox & Francis
2008 Ox & Francis
2009 Ox & Francis
2010 Ox & Francis
2011 Ox & Francis
2012 Ox & Mark ( Francis left sen and went to abc)
2013 Ox & Mark
2014 Ox & Mark
2015 Ox & Mark
2016 Harford & Mark ( Ox went to breakfast shift with returning Francis) ( Harf from Afternoons) (Maher to afternoons)
2017 Ox & Mark

2007 Ox & Francis
2008 Ox & Francis
2009 Ox & Francis
2010 Ox & Francis
2011 Ox & Francis
2012 Ox & Mark ( Francis left sen and went to abc)
2013 Ox & Mark
2014 Ox & Mark
2015 Ox & Mark
2016 Harford & Mark ( Ox went to breakfast shift with returning Francis) ( Harf from Afternoons) (Maher to afternoons)
2017 Ox & Mark

So went back up in ‘16 with Harf and dived last year when dumb and dumber joined up again. If they’re so good and people are pleading for them they’ll find another home. Won’t happen though.

The biggest mystery is how on earth they lasted as long as they did.

So went back up in ‘16 with Harf and dived last year when dumb and dumber joined up again. If they’re so good and people are pleading for them they’ll find another home. Won’t happen though.

The biggest mystery is how on earth they lasted as long as they did.
How true is that

Hard to imagine they believe they have futures in the media.

They are at Andrew Gaze talent levels.

Agreed, I imagine this is their last ditch attempt at a payday, it's essentially the end to their media careers.

The Ox will be sitting on a lollipop down in Geelong somewhere in the not too distant future, similar to previous single decade media talents like Dougy and Dippa.

I hope he enjoyed playing golf every morning and collecting $250k a year.

He had the job FAR longer than he should have.

The only "clown" that's really lasted the distance is Sam Newman, but he's actually a smart bloke behind the scenes and being on the highest rating football show prior to pay TV for 15 years certainly helped. You could make a case for Brownless, but his days are numbered as well.

The "boys" club looks like it's finally getting shaken up after 20 years of plumb jobs and perks. We need far more Whatley's and Clinton Grybas' in the media. Ex-footballers should be restricted to special comments and off commentators on panels only.......

Last edited:
I'd be shocked if at least Whateley doesn't make an improvement, given all the publicity. Then again, I think I said that last year when Lyon and Hamish came
Whatever will definitely improve, comparitively everyone last year had a lot of detractors:

Watson: Essendon bias + supporting the whole supplement saga
Lyon: Everything with Billy Brownless, plus sounded bored half the time.
Hamish: Disliked by a lot of the community, fence sitter and didn't bring much.
McClure: Disliked, bottom of the barrel "journo" that brought nothing.

The only turn off with Whateley is that some people think he's a bit snobbish, otherwise he is great. Researched, professional, good guests and good to listen to.

SEN has become boring, no light-hearted stuff at all.....or not when I turn it on. I try to listen but always turn off within about 5 mins. Whately is good with Robbo on AFL360, but sounds deadpan on his own imo..

Seems such a shame, my radio was on all the time but now it's off.....the reason I loved SEN was the sport but it came with some laughs. I've never been one for the radio before SEN, 3AW gives me the irrits, so SEN was a pleasant surprise..

..not anymore.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hutchy isn't chasing your demographic Adz, that's exactly why he dumped them
Not sure what demographic he is chasing with two old fools and tool bag McClure tbf

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Turf will be lucky to last the full year with KB. Dosent matter if he "owns" the station or not. Bloke would struggle to be relevant at a retirement home, and is as funny as cancer.

SEN has become boring, no light-hearted stuff at all.....or not when I turn it on. I try to listen but always turn off within about 5 mins. Whately is good with Robbo on AFL360, but sounds deadpan on his own imo..

Seems such a shame, my radio was on all the time but now it's off.....the reason I loved SEN was the sport but it came with some laughs. I've never been one for the radio before SEN, 3AW gives me the irrits, so SEN was a pleasant surprise..

..not anymore.

Was it the loss of Hamish? It’s mid February, most boring time for sport.

But suppose can understand in some ways. McClure was a big mistake. Finey more interesting than Heverin, Turf is ok in small doses as a guest, but permanent he makes KB even worse than he already is.

..not anymore.

Was thinking the same thing when in the car earlier. Whately is just too earnest or something. I am listening mostly to music now. I will give it another go when the footy starts up again though.

Last edited:
Agreed, I imagine this is their last ditch attempt at a payday, it's essentially the end to their media careers.

The Ox will be sitting on a lollipop down in Geelong somewhere in the not too distant future, similar to previous single decade media talents like Dougy and Dippa.

I hope he enjoyed playing golf every morning and collecting $250k a year.

He had the job FAR longer than he should have.

The only "clown" that's really lasted the distance is Sam Newman, but he's actually a smart bloke behind the scenes and being on the highest rating football show prior to pay TV for 15 years certainly helped. You could make a case for Brownless, but his days are numbered as well.

The "boys" club looks like it's finally getting shaken up after 20 years of plumb jobs and perks. We need far more Whatley's and Clinton Grybas' in the media. Ex-footballers should be restricted to special comments and off commentators on panels only.......

Billy Brownless skill set:
  1. Impish grin when Geelong or any Abletts mentioned
  2. Yells "Footy's back!" at the start of each season
  3. Given he talks about ‘having a few frothies’ every five minutes it is surprising he hasn’t developed cirrhosis of the liver yet.
  4. Is approached about once a year by Channel 9 management when they have run out of ideas to take his clothes off in various locales to give a ‘ratings bump’.
  5. Likes to shout ‘here come the strippers’ when a mother and daughter are passing by one of his 'sportman’s nights' doing 1, 3 and 4 but not necessarily in that order.
  6. Is a record holder - that ‘Sooky Sooky La La Land’ has be the most cringeable ‘segment’ in the history of TV!

Whatever will definitely improve, comparitively everyone last year had a lot of detractors:
Watson: Essendon bias + supporting the whole supplement saga
Lyon: Everything with Billy Brownless, plus sounded bored half the time.
Hamish: Disliked by a lot of the community, fence sitter and didn't bring much.
McClure: Disliked, bottom of the barrel "journo" that brought nothing.
Yes, it's ironic that that expensive, great white hope of a lineup put the station backwards instead of improving it. Their ratings didn't even hold ground on 2016!
Looking at Marco and Ox's ratings yesterday, I'm wondering if Lyon, Hamish and Soup McClure partly killed some other slots.
They rated even worse than Gaze and Maher!!

Here are the breakfast ratings over the last 2 years:
2017: 2.5, 2.9, 3.3, 2.6, 3.1, 3.5, 3.5, 3.6
2016: 3.8, 3.4, 3.1, 3.5, 4.1, 3.7, 4.2, 3.8

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back