Autopsy Hawthorn Intraclub thread , Friday 9th Feb

Remove this Banner Ad

With the departure of Hodge and Gibbo i reckon he's going to relish his role as one of our prime leaders down back. Missing half last year he'll be raring to go and and am anticipating he'll have his best year for Hawthorn.
I suspect his 'turf toe' was a chronic injury and had be troubling him for a while and probably affecting his footy, so if this is fixed he should have a better year.

PS I have no understanding why there is so much Frawley hate.

I suspect his 'turf toe' was a chronic injury and had be troubling him for a while and probably affecting his footy, so if this is fixed he should have a better year.

PS I have no understanding why there is so much Frawley hate.
Everyone needs a whipping boy. With Hartung gone, there was a position vacant.

Everyone needs a whipping boy. With Hartung gone, there was a position vacant.

That's a good point wonder who will be the whipping boy this year.

Schoenmakers would take up that mantle again I would guess.
Harsh for a premiership player to be a whipping boy, but I supposed Hilly copped it at times.

My bet would usually be Miles/Willsmore, but doubt they'll get anywhere near seniors to hear the whipping. Perhaps it will be Impey unless he shows something early.

Harsh for a premiership player to be a whipping boy, but I supposed Hilly copped it at times.

My bet would usually be Miles/Willsmore, but doubt they'll get anywhere near seniors to hear the whipping. Perhaps it will be Impey unless he shows something early.
Hilly copped it more than just at times... The amount of hate he copped was ridiculous, i know it's easy to say looking back now he is gone and has jut won a B&F at his new club but i still can't believe the amount of hate he got. I can't imagine how tough it must have been for the Hilly haters to try and watch Hartung play footy last season...

Where did Harry Morrison play? Is he a chance to take over Billy's wing? If not who is the front runner there, Impey?

yea Harry pretty much played wing and ran straight lines even through the centre at stages, Henderson was one of the best on the wing also, i forgot to mention him in my wrap-up earlier in this thread, but he was really solid, i felt as though Morrison was the best Orange team wing and Henderson the best Blue Team wing.....

What I am getting at is he is poor by foot, anyone from suburban footy can hit up a 15-20 mtr kick. You can't take DE% as a fact that Chip is a good user of footy, let's see his KE% and meters gained, then you can look at how well he uses the footy.

Yeah, you are correct, a key defenders first job is to stop their opponent but as you are aware the game has evolved and they are required to do so much more. I don't have confidence in him, I think he is a poor defender, he is a poor kick and not big enough or good enough to contain the bigger and better key forwards.

I think he is pretty good defensively, just not great offensively. If he is stopping the game’s best forwards, that is fine though in my opinion...

Yes Impey was going to be my suggestion.

The other one people will bang on about is Shiels which will be completely unwarranted.

I think he is pretty good defensively, just not great offensively. If he is stopping the game’s best forwards, that is fine though in my opinion...

Yeah I used to agree with you 100%.. But I feel like his performance has dropped, and I hazard a guess it's more about his body than anything else.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes Impey was going to be my suggestion.

The other one people will bang on about is Shiels which will be completely unwarranted.

Shiels is a stalwart, the foot soldier every club needs, he is a great contributor to our footy club.

I am a big wait and see with Impey, let's see how he impacts games both offensively and defensively.

Shiels is a stalwart, the foot soldier every club needs, he is a great contributor to our footy club.

I am a big wait and see with Impey, let's see how he impacts games both offensively and defensively.

I love what Shiels does but it seems many supporters don't and expect him to do more.

What people don't understand is he does all the things that go unnoticed.

Yes he could be more offensive etc but he plays a role and is bloody good at it.

Yeah I used to agree with you 100%.. But I feel like his performance has dropped, and I hazard a guess it's more about his body than anything else.

I don't recall any of the big forwards monstering us, so he can't be doing too badly...

I like KB & think he has a good future with the club but I reckon if you looked at his games played vs time at club he would have a much worse record than Chip in terms of being injured so I reckon we need Chip to hang around for a bit longer

Prefer shnitzel, gravy and chips !!

Chicken_schnitzel_and_chips_with_jaeger_gravy.jpg
Ever been to Quebec CLA? I reckon you'd love it over there.

Did anyone notice Hardwick waltz away from two opponents that had him surrounded on the grandstand boundary? It was unreal.

I didn't see it Lucky, but I have a feeling Hardwick is going to give us many many sprcial memories this season. As if his 2017 wasn't fantastic, we could be in for another step up in class from him.

Why have a whipping boy at all? Pretty silly really.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back