Expectations and predictions for 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

T
Sadly, I agree here. Brayshaw will give an amount of "Oh boy, gee whiz, what a ripper place eh?", but I think it's going to need more for him to buy in and I desperately hope that he does, he is going to be a hell of a player.

Time will tell, I also really hope he signs an extension mid year or at seasons end, he is pivotal to our midfield after Mundy.

What do you guys think about Harley Bennell? I believe has a spot in our best 22 he is a gun when he is up and going, the problem is how do we get him going. If he doesn’t impress in 2018 or play at least 10 games he needs to be delisted.

What do you guys think about Harley Bennell? I believe has a spot in our best 22 he is a gun when he is up and going, the problem is how do we get him going. If he doesn’t impress in 2018 or play at least 10 games he needs to be delisted.
Not across his 8 week ban? Read his thread on here.

If he decides he wants to commit fully and can avoid his calves blowing up he is SO FAR inside our best 18 (let alone 22) that he is no chance of being delisted.

Can't see too much improvement this season.

Defence was slaughtered last season and is still very much still in transition. On paper it doesn't look too bad and expecting big improvement in this area.

Midfield struggled last season and it's up to Fyfe to have a great season. If he does I can see us pushing towards the 8. That said, expect lots of young players to be given a go in the guts this season. Even though I love SHill he needs to have a quality consistent season or should be traded.

Forward line is a currently a joke. The worst in the comp and hopefully by the season end we have a glimpse of a forward line capable of kicking a score.

This season I'm hoping players like Tucker, Logue, Cox, Darcy, Langdon, Cmac, Cerra etc etc step up and prove they're more than c grade players. 2019 I expect some synergy and a push towards the 8.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Defence was slaughtered last season and is still very much still in transition. On paper it doesn't look too bad and expecting big improvement in this area.

Midfield struggled last season and it's up to Fyfe to have a great season. If he does I can see us pushing towards the 8. That said, expect lots of young players to be given a go in the guts this season. Even though I love SHill he needs to have a quality consistent season or should be traded.

Forward line is a currently a joke. The worst in the comp and hopefully by the season end we have a glimpse of a forward line capable of kicking a score.

This season I'm hoping players like Tucker, Logue, Cox, Darcy, Langdon, Cmac, Cerra etc etc step up and prove they're more than c grade players. 2019 I expect some synergy and a push towards the 8.
No chance of that.

If he is fit I am sure he will play well. He was gunning it until he hurt himself in 2017.

Think we could reasonably expect better seasons from all our 3 best midfielders in fyfe, neale and shill plus walters playing full year midfield hopefully means a better midfield performance this year. Fairly attacking midfield maybe brayshaw brings a more defensive edge?

Think we could reasonably expect better seasons from all our 3 best midfielders in fyfe, neale and shill plus walters playing full year midfield hopefully means a better midfield performance this year. Fairly attacking midfield maybe brayshaw brings a more defensive edge?
Massive tank already and loves to tackle. Sounds like a plan to me.

Trade Stephen Hill? What?!
Logue, Tucker and the yet to even have a chance to debut Cerra are C grade players?

Trade Stephen Hill? What?!
Logue, Tucker and the yet to even have a chance to debut Cerra are C grade players?

Hill is now 27 and should have some currency at the end of the year. All I'm saying it's time for him to step up or maybe it's worth going to the draft. It may seem like I'm picking on him but I feel he should be a star.

We don't have enough high end talent to be a successful team at the moment. If we want to contend in a few years we need to find some stars. All I'm saying is I hope we find a star from our young/up-and-coming players. No reason why Cerra or Brayshaw can't show star potential in their first season. Everybody is a c grade player in my mind until you're a valuable player to the team.

Would look really bad if we traded out one of our own and piss off Bradley Hill by getting rid of Stephen. S. Hill is one of few players that hits targets. Last two years have been effected by injury, when he's fit he has been having a big impact on games.

We do have talent coming through mate, they just need time. Brayshaw, Cerra, Ryan, Darcy, Logue, Tucker, Blakely, A. Pearce, Cox to name a good handful. We also have a highly likely top 10 pick in the coming draft, while also being able to grab Carter. We have really good youth coming through.

Matera is superior #3

I'm optimistic going into the season as well. I do believe we have potentially some good players and I like the look of most of our youngsters. I do feel we'll know by the season's end if we have the crop to make it with Fyfe, Walters, Hill etc or if we have a St Kilda like list.

I'm more of an optimist than most. I really think we will be challenging for the 8. In my happy place we are winning a final in week 1.

Our B22 is much stronger than last year. Wilson and Matera are obvious improvements. Fyfe and McCarthy will both offer more in their 2nd year back. I don't see Hamling, B.Hill, or even old Kersten being worse this year.

But as TheGav said it is really going to be about guys like Blakely, Tucker, Langdon stepping up. I have faith that these guys like make the transition from promising to established footballers.

I'm optimistic going into the season as well. I do believe we have potentially some good players and I like the look of most of our youngsters. I do feel we'll know by the season's end if we have the crop to make it with Fyfe, Walters, Hill etc or if we have a St Kilda like list.
Fyfe alone means we don't have the Saints list. They have nobody anywhere near his level currently.

I am also pretty sure that Ryan and Blakely will be better than anybody on their list except maybe Billings.

Fyfe alone means we don't have the Saints list. They have nobody anywhere near his level currently.

I am also pretty sure that Ryan and Blakely will be better than anybody on their list except maybe Billings.

If Bennell makes it a team with Bennell, Fyfe, Walters , Hill x 2, Neale, Mundy, Blakely and the supporting acts of Tucker, Langdon, Brayshaw and Cerra running through the midfield with Sandilands and Darcy rucking plus the great defence we are building and an improved forward half with Matera and Balla's as the smalls and McCarthy and Cox a year older a finals berth is in the equation.:)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back