Recommitted Aaron Francis

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, Dodo was probably asking a kings ransom.

He's worth effectively nothing now. Needs to get in the right head space before another club considers taking him imo.

Even through his junior career and evidently in his AFL career, he's shown a real aversion to hard work and particularly running.
Essendon ****ed him over. Would have known how badly he was struggling and the only way he could have possibly salvaged his career was a trade home as at a low value (back with loved ones/grieving family and a huge pressure relief from being a high draft pick). Despicable club.

That’s awful - no idea it was that bad for him. Clubs are much better at helping players struggling with mental health problems - he should have plenty of support.
Totally agree that an AFL club is a good place to be in terms of the support networks available. It's just a shame that an AFL club is also where you have an incredible amount of pressure and expectation heaped upon you at the same time whether actual or imagined. If it was me I know I'd be grateful for the assistance and support but at the same time I'd have it in the back of my head that the only reason this is the case is because I was drafted to play football and that is the expectation/hope at the end of the day. Couple this with the frankly bizarre situation of having thousands of supporters aware, if even vaguely, of your struggles as well as discussing it on internet forums such as this.. well I can only imagine it making things that much more difficult.

Essendon ****** him over. Would have known how badly he was struggling and the only way he could have possibly salvaged his career was a trade home as at a low value (back with loved ones/grieving family and a huge pressure relief from being a high draft pick). Despicable club.

LOL.

You haven't the slightest ******* idea.

Totally agree that an AFL club is a good place to be in terms of the support networks available. It's just a shame that an AFL club is also where you have an incredible amount of pressure and expectation heaped upon you at the same time whether actual or imagined. If it was me I know I'd be grateful for the assistance and support but at the same time I'd have it in the back of my head that the only reason this is the case is because I was drafted to play football and that is the expectation/hope at the end of the day. Couple this with the frankly bizarre situation of having thousands of supporters aware, if even vaguely, of your struggles as well as discussing it on internet forums such as this.. well I can only imagine it making things that much more difficult.
Bigfooty is not a great place for players that are struggling. You would think most would be steered clear of any social media during difficult times.

Bigfooty is not a great place for players that are struggling. You would think most would be steered clear of any social media during difficult times.

Christ - this place would be the worst for a young kid having some issues.

My view is you know jack s**t about this kid or his circumstances.
Same as you know jack s**t about Hawthorn.

Still it never stopped you from posting in 2012 that they had the worst list in the AFL.

Boy did that make you look stupid.

On topic I agree with the poster you said had no idea about the kid.

He was homesick and Essendon once again proved what campaigners they are at trade time.

Same as you know jack s**t about Hawthorn.

Really?

I had, what, four of your fans losing bets last year because your fanbase was totally deluded as to the quality of your list.

Seems I knew more about Hawthorn than you guys did.

Poor bastard, essendon should have done whatever it takes to help get him home, as requested… but once again instead giving zero figs about the health and well being of a young man.

You haven't the slightest ******* clue.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You can't expect Essendon to have traded him on the cheap, and who's to say he won't come back this year and perform?

Wow, just wow. The kid has lost his brother and is dealing with depression and this is your post.

Pull your head in and have a look in the mirror.

You read the post raging. If you followed the posts you would have seen the ess posters like the post. It wasn’t having a crack at Francis or his off field troubles.

Why do I need to look in the mirror? Your post is bizarre.

You can't expect Essendon to have traded him on the cheap, and who's to say he won't come back this year and perform?
Club was stuck between a rock and a hard place. Contracted kid wanted to go back home - no reasonable offer received and it ends in a stalemate so he stays.

Not sure there is blame on any party.

However - Bigfooty is good at making up blame.....

Precisely this - and Dodoro was right to hold him to his contract.

You guys sure showed him !

Adelaide and Essendon did have discussions regarding Francis, but I'm not sure how advanced those discussions progressed.

If only Adelaide had draft picks spare. Like if they had managed to squeeze a ridiculous deal out of Melbourne for something...

The real shame is that the AFL couldnt find a away to get Adelaide an end of 1st rounder for free which could then be used to get Francis. Like they did with Ablett.

Hawks let Brad Hill go cheaply.

Really?

I had, what, four of your fans losing bets last year because your fanbase was totally deluded as to the quality of your list.

Seems I knew more about Hawthorn than you guys did.
You seemed to have skipped over the bit where in 2012 you said "The Hawks have the worst list in the Comp"

Right before they went on to win Back2Back2Back Premierships while destroying everyone in the comp.

Proving once again you know nothing about the Hawks, you silly twat.

On topic, the shittiest club in the comp knew the kid was suffering and still would not trade him for his mental health wellbeing.

Still what else would you expect from a club that would willingly inject young men with roids, all because their idiot coach at the time had a massive case of Hawk Envy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back