News New Jumpers For 2018 - All Changes In OP

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even before 2018 Nike was heat pressing on the Carlton monogram, it just had fake stitch on and looked more authentic

The new apparel manufacturer will just print it into the guernsey, and imo that is better than heat pressing it on

568153.jpg

568130.jpg

It looks to me like it's sublimated on Thomas (obvious grey) and raised on Murphy (seems to be a different fabric and catches the light the way it does in the shop). Why they'd create two versions is beyond me.

There's two types of heat press in my opinion.

There's the style on soccer shirts, which are on player issues more than actual retails, and work because there's less friction/stitching and it looks pretty good.

And there's the style we see in the AFL where it's generally a last minute change. This one looks bad because it's always in a box (can't think of an example where it wasn't) and you get glossiness, a lack of integration, ugly colours etc etc.

These ones aren't in boxes, are they? They're the soccer style where everything is more like a sticker with the press ending directly around each shape. If so I'd say this is just easier for Nike as they use it for everything except NBA, and I'd assume that printing isn't done at the same place.

New shorts have a white stripe. What happened to Mercury as the shorts sponsor?
Carlton FC said:
CUB is now the official beer and cider partner of the Carlton Football Club and Mercury Hard Cider will be the Blues’ official shorts partner for the remainder of the 2017 season.

There's the style on soccer shirts, which are on player issues more than actual retails, and work because there's less friction/stitching and it looks pretty good.

And there's the style we see in the AFL where it's generally a last minute change. This one looks bad because it's always in a box (can't think of an example where it wasn't) and you get glossiness, a lack of integration, ugly colours etc etc.

These ones aren't in boxes, are they? They're the soccer style where everything is more like a sticker with the press ending directly around each shape. If so I'd say this is just easier for Nike as they use it for everything except NBA, and I'd assume that printing isn't done at the same place.

Yep, it's the same as the way the AIA is presented on the current Spurs shirt. Each individual letter in the sponsor/s is separate, not in a square block. I have no issue with it.

Just find it odd that some of the monograms don't seem to be raised on the PIs . Just saw the retails in Rebel and they're raised, same as in the Club shop.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heat press dont last in AFL (a contact sport) can’t wait to see these stickers peeling off a few weeks into the season :drunk:

Heat press dont last in AFL (a contact sport) can’t wait to see these stickers peeling off a few weeks into the season :drunk:
That's true for rushed sponsor cover ups and grand final badges. This is different, this is more of an embossment than the plastic coverups we're used to seeing in the AFL.

If anything this is a throwback to stitched on badges on woollen jumpers. Yeah sure, it's a bit unusual and full sublimation works well for a contact sport like Aussie Rules, but I think this is Nike trying something different rather than cost cutting.

That said, I could be wrong. I'll hold judgement until we get a better look at them in action, or someone gets their hands on a PI.

People were raving about the Prospect of the 90s kit returning as the clash here, and it was open shock when people found out the homer was leading. We actually had the dumb situation where the north board was voting for the homer and people on here were voting 90's

And it was the same with the crows when they had their vote

Bad design is bad design
Crows tried to rig their pole and failed. So they quietly stuck with the same design.

The main issue with heat pressing is through washing and general wear rather than tackling and contests.

I remember years ago, I got the Arsenal strip for the first season at Emirates (one of our best ever) and the 'Fly Emirates' started cracking within a few days, I don't know if I even washed it more than once or what. The club put something out on the website six months later and sent out a replacement to everyone (with the new fonts and patches; this was when it went from the sort of gothic font to the bubbly sort) and gave me a gift voucher to cover shipping.

And that was Nike. So I raise Mero's razor and mention Murphy's Law.

Which Carlton are very well used to.

Marc Murphy's law: if a number one pick can turn out pretty average, it will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back