Hawthorn - 20 flags by 2050

Who's closer to a flag, Geelong or Hawthorn?

• Hawthorn

Votes: 141 56.4%
  • Geelong

Votes: 109 43.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I love it! It's as relevant now as a Melbourne supporter posting up a black and white photo of their 1950s success.

By all means, though, continue to tell us all how past success guarantees future success, because Hawthorn. The more the better, from my perspective.

I have a new one for you, btw. "Hawthorn hubris". You reckon that will work? I think the alliteration makes it pop. Another good addition to my portfolio?
"accident of history"
"because hawthorn"
"we was scapegoated"

They're all just differing coping mechanisms, so go ahead.

"accident of history"
"because hawthorn"
"we was scapegoated"

They're all just differing coping mechanisms, so go ahead.
coping mechanisms. lol that's such internet nuffy talk :D

If you genuinely think I'm curled up in the foetal position because a football team won a 3peat then you must be a duffel coat wearing, four n twenty pie eating moron - which I know you're not.

Why you rely on such basic internet nuffy tactics is beyond me. Next you'll be claiming it's because of school holidays or some crap :D

coping mechanisms. lol that's such internet nuffy talk :D

If you genuinely think I'm curled up in the foetal position because a football team won a 3peat then you must be a duffel coat wearing, four n twenty pie eating moron - which I know you're not.

Why you rely on such basic internet nuffy tactics is beyond me. Next you'll be claiming it's because of school holidays or some crap :D
I don't think you're curled up in a foetal position......but you've illustrated quite a few times that you're #head*ed by Hawthorn's success.

Every man and his dog knows success isn't guaranteed, but you bite down on that hook. every.single.time.

I don't think you're curled up in a foetal position......but you've illustrated quite a few times that you're #head****ed by Hawthorn's success.

Every man and his dog knows success isn't guaranteed, but you bite down on that hook. every.single.time.
oh lord, even though you're using the #head*ed thing ironically it's still a bit embarrassing as a concept

oh lord, even though you're using the #head****ed thing ironically it's still a bit embarrassing as a concept
Unfortunately it really is the perfect explanation for your constant struggle when contemplating Hawthorn success, past, present and future.

Unfortunately it really is the perfect explanation for your constant struggle when contemplating Hawthorn success, past, present and future.
Just on this my book, My Struggle on the Hawthorn question was released in Germany. Not quite sure on the Germanic translation

Back to the nuffy speak then? Ok then mate. It's all a coping mechanism and nothing to do with your need to defend your club at every turn. Sure thing

Back to the nuffy speak then? Ok then mate. It's all a coping mechanism and nothing to do with your need to defend your club at every turn. Sure thing
It really is.

I look forward to you riding every Hawthorn win and loss in 2018, while trying to convince yourself that you're not.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good. And I look forward to you gatekeeping any negative comment on Hawthorn. Should have your work cut out for you this year
Don't mistake me poking s**t at how closely you review everything Hawthorn for 'gatekeeping negative comments'.

Im glad you asked the question about Jeff and possible historic roles in movies or indeed history.

Kennett as Bogart Casablanca?
Gavin, you're showing your age.

’’Harris said it was important that Hawthorn would own the freehold at Dingley, in what was a point of difference between the Hawks and the other clubs that have leases on their facilities and training bases. The key to this project is that Hawthorn Football Club own the freehold. No other AFL club will have a freehold on their training base,’’

Hawks in 10 to 20 years will become the Man United of the AFL! We don't need to waiste any bodies time shaking cans for donations we keep up with the times and provide our supporters with a bsb and account number.

Weird you mention that. He used to watch replays of the 2008 GF at the residence of the Hawthorn captain (at the time).

Now what did he keep saying to Mitchell when the DVD ended.......??
Weird you mention that. He used to watch replays of the 2008 GF at the residence of the Hawthorn captain (at the time).

Now what did he keep saying to Mitchell when the DVD ended.......??
"We'll always have Launceston"?

’’Harris said it was important that Hawthorn would own the freehold at Dingley, in what was a point of difference between the Hawks and the other clubs that have leases on their facilities and training bases. The key to this project is that Hawthorn Football Club own the freehold. No other AFL club will have a freehold on their training base,’’

Hawks in 10 to 20 years will become the Man United of the AFL! We don't need to waiste any bodies time shaking cans for donations we keep up with the times and provide our supporters with a bsb and account number.

Raised this in another thread but it was sidetracked by trolls... what’s the thinking behind this? I don’t really get it. Wouldn’t a long term lease (50 years plus etc) be better? The council would have them at a very good rate given their profile.

Freehold land and buildings seems like a strange thing for a football club to have so much money tied up in. Wouldn’t it be better invested in the club itself?

Raised this in another thread but it was sidetracked by trolls... what’s the thinking behind this? I don’t really get it. Wouldn’t a long term lease (50 years plus etc) be better? The council would have them at a very good rate given their profile.

Freehold land and buildings seems like a strange thing for a football club to have so much money tied up in. Wouldn’t it be better invested in the club itself?
Fair question.

A possible angle is that councils can be unreliable - see Kingston City and Moorabbin over the years.

You clearly didn't watch Edwards dominate this years finals season .

For the record Edwards was injured foremost of 2015 , and I stand by my comments . Edwards is better than Cyril . Champion data thinks so as well
If you're basing quality on stats provided by Champion Data then you have validated everyone on this thread who has claimed recently or otherwise that you really don't know anything about football.

Back