News PeopleFirst (Bank) Stadium and Precinct

Remove this Banner Ad

The only change I would make to your plan is to build it where the temp stand is going. This would be on the river with the same views of the Coast you mentioned, add in a ferry terminal to make it more accessible during non game days and potentially other attractions such as indoor skydiving, etc to help build useage.
Part of the reason I suggested around the lake location was due to its accessibility, particularly outside of game days. The restaurants could operate all day long and being based on the relatively major road that is Nerang-Broadbeach Rd would increase foot traffic. A series of restaurants based inside the Metricon gating could be difficult to find and would really only service Suns fans. That's fine but I'd like a dining area to be available all year round and therefore would prefer it to be based around the lake on Nerang-Broadbeach Rd.

The concept isn't just designed to service Suns fans, but also future BBL fans, music concert goers and anything other events hosted in the precinct.

Doesn't the area get in strife with a 10pm noise curfew? I'm all for it, but I vaguely recall something like that when the Foo Fighters played at Metricon a few years back?
You could be right but I don't think a dining area would make any more noise than say existing establishments in the area like Emerald Lakes, KDV or even Red Rooster. Plus, there are plans to build a theme park a few hundred metres away so I would have thought if noise was an issue, the developer would have trouble getting his theme park idea off the ground. But that doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Hopefully there is some kind of allowance because I'd really like to one day see people hanging in and around the precinct both before and after games and making use of a late light rail trip home.

For anyone who is interested, the German Davis Cup tennis team will set up base at the KDV Tennis Academy (across the road from Metricon) in a few weeks in preparation for their Davis Cup tie against Australia in Brisbane. Nice to see top level athletes using the facilities in the Carrara sports precinct.

WCsXdm6.jpg

The stadium should almost be complete in time for the Athletics Australia Championships on the weekend

Does anyone know if the stadium is completed for the Commonwealth Games or will more work be completed following the National Championships which were hosted at Carrara Stadium this weekend?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone know if the stadium is completed for the Commonwealth Games or will more work be completed following the National Championships which were hosted at Carrara Stadium this weekend?

Looked like the Skase, I mean temporary, stand is still getting it's finishing touches done.

In terms of the player facilities, they're probably just about done, possibly some tweaks following the weekend's events.

Have you seen the aquatic seating setup.. drove past it yesterday. Looks legit scary

The swimming centre's seating doesn't look that scary in the footage from the Commonwealth Games trials. I went to the Olympic qualifies in Adelaide in 2016, and the (permanent) stand at the SA Aquatic Centre (which is practically vertical) looks scarier.

The main surprise from the swimming is that none of the seats are undercover. Slight oversight?

The swimming centre's seating doesn't look that scary in the footage from the Commonwealth Games trials. I went to the Olympic qualifies in Adelaide in 2016, and the (permanent) stand at the SA Aquatic Centre (which is practically vertical) looks scarier.

The main surprise from the swimming is that none of the seats are undercover. Slight oversight?
Im thinking that they are building roofs after the trials. Particually the main stand had some sort of construction up the top which i believe will be coninuted into a roof later after the trials.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back