Season 2018 comings and goings ...............

Archangel17

All Australian
Jul 5, 2006
South Yarra
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Local footy
Wasn’t sure about gorringe had heard he was talking to Southport. Schade currently training with a Vafa club not far from balwyn.

My guess is that is what they will say to be released - not competing with balwyn or for cash elsewhere. 2019 may be a different story however!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
according to Balwyn themselves on triple M they havent been cleared to Balwyn either so not Balwyn player as such.
I agree too Golden.Why would you want players who dont want to be there?

CliffMcTainshaw

Premiership Player
Apr 11, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Cill Chainnigh
Perhaps the players should argue that they have a business that they want to set up and "their business interests will grow significantly in the next 12 months and the demands on their time as committed players at Balwyn can no longer be sustained”.
You never know, that excuse might just work.

Last edited:

Jimmyjack

Club Legend
Sep 19, 2011
AFL Club
Gold Coast
both are reportedly at different VAFA clubs. Does Balwyn have any leg to stand on in this case? They are not being paid by someone else so probably not in breach of contract?

Any clues on which VAFA clubs? St Kevins, Old Xavs and Old Carey would be the most likely destinations. Good networks and very pro-active when it comes to chasing ex AFL players.

Archangel17

All Australian
Jul 5, 2006
South Yarra
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Local footy
Any clues on which VAFA clubs? St Kevins, Old Xavs and Old Carey would be the most likely destinations. Good networks and very pro-active when it comes to chasing ex AFL players.
I had heard Xavs and Old Carey respectively, but Hansie above thinks my Old Xavs tip is off and Southport is more likely for one

arboc21

Rookie
Jun 19, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
both are reportedly at different VAFA clubs. Does Balwyn have any leg to stand on in this case? They are not being paid by someone else so probably not in breach of contract?

Why would you want to play for a guy who gave you the arse at the Gold Coast, are Balwyn that arrogant that they don't get it?

Bully Man

All Australian
Sep 7, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Why would you want to play for a guy who gave you the arse at the Gold Coast, are Balwyn that arrogant that they don't get it?
Of course it was Eade’s fault both weren’t up to AFL standard. Gorringe spent 7 years on an AFL list for 26 games . Schade 5 years for 28. Both were given a 2nd opportunity by Carlton and Collingwood respectively and couldn’t take it . I hope they don’t cross paths with Bolton or Buckley down the track . They choose to be bitter instead of grateful . No wonder they got the arse .

arboc21

Rookie
Jun 19, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Of course it was Eade’s fault both weren’t up to AFL standard. Gorringe spent 7 years on an AFL list for 26 games . Schade 5 years for 28. Both were given a 2nd opportunity by Carlton and Collingwood respectively and couldn’t take it . I hope they don’t cross paths with Bolton or Buckley down the track . They choose to be bitter instead of grateful . No wonder they got the arse .

So if your boss gave you the arse you'd be happy to work under him again....please!

Bobby Beecroft

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 25, 2003
Junction Oval Goalsquare
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Brisbane Lions THFC

You do realise both players landed at the club due to Pask?
Not confirmed but wouldn't mind betting that he was involved in their player management while they were both on AFL lists.
Barking up the wrong tree here, & being over the top.

Bully Man

All Australian
Sep 7, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
You do realise both players landed at the club due to Pask?
Not confirmed but wouldn't mind betting that he was involved in their player management while they were both on AFL lists.
Barking up the wrong tree here, & being over the top.
That’s your opinion Bobby and you are entitled to it . As I am . I see it as sour grapes and extremely precious. If they love Marty so much they are in the minority . I’ll add I’m not a great fan of Balwyn either . In fact quite the opposite.

Statmanhawk

Rookie
Sep 30, 2015
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
LFC, Melb City, SA Spurs, NO Saints
That’s your opinion Bobby and you are entitled to it . As I am . I see it as sour grapes and extremely precious. If they love Marty so much they are in the minority . I’ll add I’m not a great fan of Balwyn either . In fact quite the opposite.

Yeah after dedicating your life to AFL since 18 and going back to local football to rediscover some enjoyment for the game/bankroll yourself through uni you’d want to play for a bloke that, lets say, didn’t have a stellar relationship with the playing group and didn’t even have the decency to delist you to your face.

Oh also on top of that appoint him out of nowhere with out giving any heads up to the two blokes that had previously played under him whilst giving the bloke that recruited you the arse unceremoniously.

0 bad blood to the second clubs because of the way it was handled, actually the way you would expect of a professional organisation.

People very quick to judge.

Last edited:

Bully Man

All Australian
Sep 7, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Yeah after dedicating your life to AFL since 18 and going back to local football to rediscover some enjoyment for the game/bankroll yourself through uni you’d want to play for a bloke that was universally disliked by the playing group and didn’t even have the decency to delist you to your face.

Oh also on top of that appoint him out of nowhere with out giving any heads up to the two blokes that had previously played under him whilst giving the bloke that recruited you the arse unceremoniously.

0 bad blood to the second clubs because of the way it was handled, actually the way you would expect of a professional organisation.

People very quick to judge.
Eade has been so universally disliked he’s lasted at AFL level for 42 years . The world owes nothing to nobody. The facts are both weren’t up to it . They should be bloody grateful they spent a combined 12 years on AFL lists basically doing nothing. I’ve stated previously I cannot stand Balwyn and what they stand for but this generation need to harden up . Older guys like Eade undoubtedly would have had a different approach to say Bolton from Carlton but that’s only a reflection on the era they were reared . Makes him different not wrong . Just on an aside matter , how did Marty Pask get appointed Balwyn coach in the first place? Where had he coached before ?

Statmanhawk

Rookie
Sep 30, 2015
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
LFC, Melb City, SA Spurs, NO Saints
Eade has been so universally disliked he’s lasted at AFL level for 42 years . The world owes nothing to nobody. The facts are both weren’t up to it . They should be bloody grateful they spent a combined 12 years on AFL lists basically doing nothing. I’ve stated previously I cannot stand Balwyn and what they stand for but this generation need to harden up . Older guys like Eade undoubtedly would have had a different approach to say Bolton from Carlton but that’s only a reflection on the era they were reared . Makes him different not wrong . Just on an aside matter , how did Marty Pask get appointed Balwyn coach in the first place? Where had he coached before ?

Riiiiiiight, so you’re one of those ‘in my day’ types. Newsflash mate player/coach grudges are as old as the game itself. Of course both are grateful for being on a list and playing AFL but Eade didn’t draft either so why do they owe him gratitude? As I said (this aside from the complete lack of professionalism shown in one of the players delistings) if you experienced this bloke’s coaching at AFL level and didn’t find it to your liking would you want to do it all again at local level when football for the first time in 7-8 years isn’t your absolute top priority any further?

Basically the complete lack of due diligence Balwyn have shown in this giving the coach the arse 2 and a half months into pre season is now biting them where it hurts.

Blacky burner

Rookie
Oct 31, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Hearing schade staying in the black and yellow over in the north ??

CliffMcTainshaw

Premiership Player
Apr 11, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Cill Chainnigh
, how did Marty Pask get appointed Balwyn coach in the first place? Where had he coached before ?
I believe he coached in tha VAFA for 2 or 3 years and he either applied for the job and they interviewed him or they approached him and offered him the job.
I've also heard that a significant number of players were planning to move on from Balwyn.
A couple of people I have spoken to that have worked with Eade have said he's not much of a people person.
If Pask does go to Vermont it will be a good move by them as it will give them early access to quite a few AFL players who are moving on or being moved on from the AFL.

Last edited:

Bully Man

All Australian
Sep 7, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I believe he coached in tha VAFA for 2 or 3 years and he either applied for the job and they interviewed him or they approached him and offered him the job.
I've also heard that a significant number of players were planning to move on from Balwyn.
A couple of people I have spoken to that have worked with Eade have said he's not much of a people person.
If Pask does go to Vermont it will be a good move by them as it will give them early access to quite a few AFL players who are moving on or being moved on from the AFL.
I’m starting to understand, player managers piss in pockets, coaches tell the truth. Whether is was right or wrong Marty Pask was an abject failure of the Balwyn Football Club and the biggest surprise was he wasn’t sacked 6 months ago .

Bully Man

All Australian
Sep 7, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Riiiiiiight, so you’re one of those ‘in my day’ types. Newsflash mate player/coach grudges are as old as the game itself. Of course both are grateful for being on a list and playing AFL but Eade didn’t draft either so why do they owe him gratitude? As I said (this aside from the complete lack of professionalism shown in one of the players delistings) if you experienced this bloke’s coaching at AFL level and didn’t find it to your liking would you want to do it all again at local level when football for the first time in 7-8 years isn’t your absolute top priority any further?

Basically the complete lack of due diligence Balwyn have shown in this giving the coach the arse 2 and a half months into pre season is now biting them where it hurts.
Player playing well loves his coach . Can’t get a kick hates him. “ Didn’t find it to your liking “ . Give me a spell .

CliffMcTainshaw

Premiership Player
Apr 11, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Cill Chainnigh
So Bully Man you are a Balwyn person?
I think he's an UFG supporter GMac.
Was that a couple of your of your posts I saw fleetingly yesterday about Pask that have since mysteriously disappeared?
You know you only needed to delete one, not both!

Last edited:

Bobby Beecroft

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 25, 2003
Junction Oval Goalsquare
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Brisbane Lions THFC
So Bully Man you are a Balwyn person?
I think he's an UFG supporter GMac.
Was that a couple of your of your posts I saw fleetingly yesterday about Pask that have since mysteriously disappeared?
You know you only needed to delete one, not both!

Graeme have you read what Bully posted? Pretty clear not Balwyn.
I will go with Keilor.

Yes Cliff G has been up to old tricks. 3 disappeared in the last couple of days that I have seen. Just leave them up there, they generate discussion.

Aug 27, 2007
brisbane
AFL Club
Essendon
He coached at Ajax and from what I have heard he wasn’t really well liked there either. They interviewed Singh before pask

Back