Federer - a return to #1?

Remove this Banner Ad

Haha. Context:
What say you, tennis board, do you think he can make it all the way back to the top this year?

I am pleased you tagged me though pepsi, it's nice to know that your life is bereft enough that you're still butthurt about being schooled a year ago.

Last edited:

Wouldn't be surprised if oldest number 1 turns out to be his most durable record.

You could well be right though his 20 slams will probably stand a long time. Djokovic is probably finished and certainly does not have 8 in him and Rafa really shouldn't be winning grass or hard slams as he moves through his thirties. I think that 20 is secure enough as his number of weeks at 1. Novak is not going to catch that and almost certainly will never again be number 1. Rafa has too much ground to make up.

27973514_10156086023259941_5746078700488483493_n.jpg

Novak can't come back quickly enough.
Novak will lose to this current Federer, especially with his elbow issues.

Never write of a champion. The fact he's number one at his age with a reduced schedule is phenomenal. Nadal won something like 4600 rankings points on clay alone last year while Fed missed entire clay season. Even more remarkable he's now numero uno.

Fed won't go close to number one, the trajectory is utterly unsustainable for him at this stage of his career.

Incredible how he wins a couple of titles and people get on the hype train. I understand the nostalgia, but the drooling is a bit embarrassing.

lmao

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haha. Context:

I am pleased you tagged me though pepsi, it's nice to know that your life is bereft enough that you're still butthurt about being schooled a year ago.
You never mentioned the year you stated he had zero chance remember.

"Fed won't go close to number one, the trajectory is utterly unsustainable for him at this stage of his career"

Why would I need to? It was quite clearly specified in the question that framed the discussion.

If you chaps have trouble with your reading comprehension, it's regrettable that public schools are underfunded but hardly my problem.

And the reasons the demon supporter said he would never get the #1 spot back are also hilarious. Egg all over their face and cant admit they were wrong.
I'm pretty comfortable with the reasons for my accurate prediction. Your tears are delicious.

Happy tears yes. Federer has reached #1 again and you were wrong.
If you want to pretend I made a prediction about what would happen beyond 2017 because you are so butthurt about being shown up last year, I guess that is your prerogative. It's a little sad though.

I am not using the last 12 months as evidence for anything. I am just saying, it is an objective fact that Federer has won 2 titles in the last 12 months. Speculation on what he would have done had he not been injured is irrelevant.

Federer does have a record of clustered good results at major tournaments in recent years. He does not have a record of sustained points accumulation that puts him in contention for #1. You and others are confusing the former for the latter.
We'll just remind you of this post that you made hey?

I'm pretty comfortable with the reasons for my accurate prediction. Your tears are delicious.

If you want to pretend I made a prediction about what would happen beyond 2017 because you are so butthurt about being shown up last year, I guess that is your prerogative. It's a little sad though.

You said Federer wouldn't reach number 1 due to his age and the nature of the ranking system. Well, the ranking system didn't change and Federer didn't reverse the ageing process. It's logically inconsistent to claim you were open to him reaching number 1 this year given the reasons you gave for your prediction last year.

You said Federer wouldn't reach number 1 due to his age and the nature of the ranking system. Well, the ranking system didn't change and Federer didn't reverse the ageing process. It's logically inconsistent to claim you were open to him reaching number 1 this year given the reasons you gave for your prediction last year.

Stop contaminating this thread with logic and reason.

"Fed won't go close to number one, the trajectory is utterly unsustainable for him at this stage of his career"

Demosthenes was simply wrong.

If he had said that the road to Number 1 was paved with difficulty and unlikely he would have been right but in stating his view so baldly and self confidently he was simply wrong.

EG I don't believe Djokovic will ever be number one again. Past his prime and with ongoing injury issues it is a 100 to 1 shot I think it so unlikely as to be improbable. However it is possible. It is not a zero chance and it would be foolish to say it was.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back