Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2008
Bendigo
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Liverpool
A question I would like to know the answer to:
I have just begun reading Austin Robertson's book "Cricket Outlaws", about the formation of World Series Cricket. In the chapter relating to John Cornell, Austin states he and Cornell are no longer on speaking terms. I understand if Robertson does not wish to make the reasons public, but naturally, when I read this I was curious to know why they had a rift. Does anybody know anything about the split in their friendship?

Aug 27, 2014
spacetime
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
there are no other teams worthy
A question I would like to know the answer to:
I have just begun reading Austin Robertson's book "Cricket Outlaws", about the formation of World Series Cricket. In the chapter relating to John Cornell, Austin states he and Cornell are no longer on speaking terms. I understand if Robertson does not wish to make the reasons public, but naturally, when I read this I was curious to know why they had a rift. Does anybody know anything about the split in their friendship?

Robertson was keen on Delvene Delaney ? lol .. speculating...

saint_larry

Team Captain
Aug 16, 2009
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Wigan.
Yes this is the game. Sorry if some of you couldn't view the Cricket Archive link. The answer is not statistical. One of the Western Province players is unique in some way.

Is LX Xhongo the first first class cricketer with a surname beginning with x?

worbod

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2008
Bendigo
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Liverpool
Well, I wonder who has the most Test runs without being a Wisden cricketer of the year? Not sure myself but I'll have a think about it.

Good get I was sure it was Ntini.
Hey yeah. It looks as though Herath should be the answer.

The wisden list is always a funny one, that was obviously a guess, but even though he's got by far the lowest profile of anyone in the 400 club the answer could have been something super obvious.

worbod

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2008
Bendigo
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Liverpool
I think Inzamam-ul-Haq (8,829) has the most Test runs without being a Wisden cricketer of the year.

The wisden list is always a funny one, that was obviously a guess, but even though he's got by far the lowest profile of anyone in the 400 club the answer could have been something super obvious.
New Wisden is out next month, and with a woman on the cover.

Back