Official Match Thread Season 25 Round 4: Coney Island Warriors vs Mount Buller Demons at Van Cortlandt Park

Remove this Banner Ad

Coney Island Warriors vs Mount Buller Demons
The Season So Far
Warriors - W2 L1
R1. Fighting Furies 17.10 (112) defeated Coney Island Warriors 15.14 (104)
R2. Coney Island Warriors 22.14 (146) defeated Gold City Royals 14.4 (88)
R3. Las Vegas Bears 11.7 (73) lost to Coney Island Warriors 19.11 (125)

Demons - W0 L3
R1. Mount Buller Demons 9.12 (66) lost to West Coast Wonders 20.6 (126)
R2. Fighting Furies 22.4 (136) defeated Mount Buller Demons 20.13 (133)
R3. Mount Buller Demons 16.10 (106) lost to Roys FFC 16.11 (107)

The Game
The Warriors will see this to establish themselves as a top four team after two comprehensive victories.
The Demons might be winless but could easily be 2-1 themselves with two narrow losses.
The Wazzas had a healthy 17 posters last week with the skipper Wooshette and gun rookie BLERN leading the way. However, Chappyuk, craffles and David Schwarz were AWOL.
For the Dees, 16 posters contributed with Headless just easing towards his 300 with a lazy 147 posts. Proper Gander made a promising debut with 27 posts.

Who's Hot?

42436.jpg
Wooshette - lit up the scoreboard and after match party

34493.jpg
Tarkyn_24 - y'all just don't know it

Who's Cold?
171807.jpg
Yakker - 149 less posts than the week before. He's fading away!

Prediction
Tarks to get at least 50 DT points if cats2rise recognizes the potential

Captains please post your team sheet with "Official Team Sheet" somewhere in the post before 11:59pm Thursday.

Thanks to Ljp86 enjoy some gravy....

Coney Island Warriors vs Mount Buller Demons at Van Cortlandt Park

Head to Head

Played: 9 Coney Island Warriors: 5 Mount Buller Demons: 4

At Van Cortlandt Park

Played: 5 Coney Island Warriors: 1 Mount Buller Demons: 4

Last Five Matches

Code:
S21 R16 Coney Island Warriors 16.6 (102) lost to Mount Buller Demons 14.21 (105)
S22 R11 Mount Buller Demons 17.8 (110) lost to Coney Island Warriors 19.12 (126)
S23 R09 Coney Island Warriors 12.11 (83) lost to Mount Buller Demons 14.7 (91)
S23 R15 Mount Buller Demons 17.8 (110) lost to Coney Island Warriors 17.10 (112)
S24 R10 Coney Island Warriors 7.1 (43) lost to Mount Buller Demons 11.8 (74)

In the Know: Eight of the nine matches played between Coney Island Warriors and Mount Buller Demons have been won by the away team. The Warriors were the only team to have won a home game in Warriors/Demons fixtures, this was the first game between the clubs in Round Seven of Season 18.

Last edited:
Carn the BLERN and cheers for the props Dingster :thumbsu:

More importantly though. Thanks for the match thread. I was having trouble getting the demons to believe i was on they're team in there team fred.

I feel i could have tried harder....

Although i am now one of the most active demons posters

Congratulations to Headless on game 295! Well deserved mate. Hopefully we can finally win a milestone match for you

Oops, nevermind. Just been informed by cats2rise that Headless is dropped this week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oops, nevermind. Just been informed by cats2rise that Headless is dropped this week.
Awesome. That gives us at least two weeks to celebrate the lead up. Congrats on getting an extra long build up to the milestone Headless

Hi BLERN. Good luck this week. I hope you have a great game.

To the rest of the Warriors... please be s**t.
Play Tarkyn_24 on me. All 3 of us will win. He will get 15 possesions. I will destroy him, and you will get vital superqoach points.

It just makes sense

Play Tarkyn_24 on me. All 3 of us will win. He will get 15 possesions. I will destroy him, and you will get vital superqoach points.

It just makes sense

He’s also been dropped for this week. We might play with only 16 on the field. Having RodneyDangerfield and Tarkyn_24 is pretty much that anyway

He’s also been dropped for this week. We might play with only 16 on the field. Having RodneyDangerfield and Tarkyn_24 is pretty much that anyway
You say 16.

I heard 4-6. Players who dont join in on the banter are not real players.

Thats why i count for 1.46 players.

Yes. I see the potential where others don't....not even Tarks apparently. :$
Well, if our losing form continues cats2rise will probably try anything to get a win. I wouldn't be writing off a proven performer like Tarkyn_24 either.

He'll probably do really well at full back once he's played there to stop the opposition full forwards from destroying us :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back