Women's Footy AFLW and MFC Women's General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I think the AFLW media needs to stay away from any comments Kate Sheahan makes. She's real snarky towards he ex-club in Collingwood

I think the AFLW media needs to stay away from any comments Kate Sheahan makes. She's real snarky towards he ex-club in Collingwood
Yes and no really ... Her being a former player can make her comments come off as bitter, and she certainly didn't have much positive to say, but you'd be flat out arguing that she wasn't spot on about what she said.

Is there anyone more unprofessional than her? She has made some of the most ludicrous ill-informed comments not only as a commentator but as an employee of the Richmond Football Club.

She has also claimed that some of the Fremantle players couldn't finish a 2km trial which was denied by Fremantle players and claimed that Erin Phillips had been sledging opposition which Phillips also denied.

Is she completely devoid of a filter? She played 5 minutes of football last year before doing her acl and since then has acted like she's the face of women's football.

Is there anyone more unprofessional than her? She has made some of the most ludicrous ill-informed comments not only as a commentator but as an employee of the Richmond Football Club.

She has also claimed that some of the Fremantle players couldn't finish a 2km trial which was denied by Fremantle players and claimed that Erin Phillips had been sledging opposition which Phillips also denied.

Is she completely devoid of a filter? She played 5 minutes of football last year before doing her acl and since then has acted like she's the face of women's football.
Isn't her brother a flog of the highest order?

Isn't her brother a flog of the highest order?
Let's not even talk about her husband either.

She needs to sit down and be quiet. Not because it's a she, but because she's terribly ill-informed about basic stuff (literally gets player names wrong constantly) and loves the sound of her own voice (butts in and cuts people off constantly). Fair dinkum the worst in the business.

Let's not even talk about her husband either.

She needs to sit down and be quiet. Not because it's a she, but because she's terribly ill-informed about basic stuff (literally gets player names wrong constantly) and loves the sound of her own voice (butts in and cuts people off constantly). Fair dinkum the worst in the business.
Who is her husband?

I can’t stand her. She talks absolute rubbish and is far too keen on the sound of her own voice - literally dribbles rubbish which prevents the commentary team calling the match. I have seen 3 goals scored unacknowledged at the time of scoring because she was busy telling us about herself.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I see that Mifsud is back in the team for the Collingwood match, along with Harriet Cordner, with Lauren Pearce and Emma Humphries dropped. Lauren, who was rated as an elite ruck last season, would seem to have been well and truly replaced by Erin Hoare. I wonder if she might end up being one of those offered up to meet our 100 point target. Would be a shame.

And it would seem Cat Phillips ankle has come up, or it almost has and they have picked her assuming/hoping it will be fine by Sat. evening.

Alright, a little concerned about the Dogs now. Real threat this year.

As Scary as they look, still glad it was Carlton that copped it

Alright, a little concerned about the Dogs now. Real threat this year.

As Scary as they look, still glad it was Carlton that copped it
Carlton showed they could be cracked by Brisbane, Dogs just went next level. The Blues flat out can't score.

3 goals to 2 in the first AFLW game. Honestly, if the AFL want to attract supporters to the women's game, then they need to shorten the grounds and have less players on the field. More goals scored in soccer...
Having been watching women's footy since before it was cool, I actually think there should be more than 18 players if playing on the same sized ground. Sure there may end up being more players around the ball, but there would also be more chance of marks being taken. They require about an extra 2 kicks to go from one end to the other compared to the men. I think an extra player might reduce the time the ball spends on the ground. Either that, shorten the ground or just accept it is going to be low scoring like it always has been before people actually started watching it.

Sent from my 0PJA10 using Tapatalk

Carlton showed they could be cracked by Brisbane, Dogs just went next level. The Blues flat out can't score.
They should be ashamed of themselves. They have quality forwards and for some reason don’t seem to want to get the ball in to them. Literally the most revolting game plan I have ever seen.

They should be ashamed of themselves. They have quality forwards and for some reason don’t seem to want to get the ball in to them. Literally the most revolting game plan I have ever seen.
Makes bringing Harris in utterly perplexing, sort of like buying an action figure as a kid, and not taking it out of the box.

Makes bringing Harris in utterly perplexing, sort of like buying an action figure as a kid, and not taking it out of the box.
Suspect Keeping is gone. Siekman too even with the backlash at Sheahan.

You don't have assets like Hope and Harris and burn them with rubbish game plans.

This may sound a simplistic analysis, but I worry about the whole approach with the team. Whenever you hear Stinear talk it is all about what they are looking at developing, what they are looking to build. You listen to Bec Goddard at Adelaide and it's all about the next match and winning that. In such a tight competition with so few matches you have to be thinking more about the now, not where you will be down the track.

That's by far the worst game of football the women have played in two years. Even in our defeats we've had the better of general play (even in the loss to Brisbane in round one last year). But after quarter time we were terrible. With the run home Brisbane and the Doggies have we are probably gone for the GF. Such a shame, I still believe player for player we are a match for anyone. I said I feared that the fact they are the MFC they will find a way to stuff things up - sadly looks to be true.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back