Kate Sheahan

Randall Stevens

Senior List
Jul 7, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
As unqualified and untalented as they come. Can anybody explain what she's done in her life to reach the standing she currently has in the football landscape? What, her dad is the most well-known footy journalist of all time? Piss off.

It does seem as though her name is all that has got her into the game (which is not unique to Sheehan by the way).
In its infancy AFLW is looking for any known footy name for publicity, even journos names.
The comments on the Collingwood coach seem to stem from personal bitterness and were very stupid.
Inexperienced as she may be in her current job, she is old enough to have some common sense, and publicly criticising your opposition shows none.

Sep 27, 2012
Hawks heartland
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Bushrangers Tottenham Hotspur
Daniel Harford, who is assistant coach for Collingwood's AFLW team, has had a crack back at her.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl...ord-hits-back-at-sheahan-20180220-p4z0xo.html

I like the bit where he says it's the equivalent of Balme saying Buckley should be sacked :tearsofjoy:

I think the problem is, how to put it politely, she's not the sharpest tool in the shed. The fact that's she's best buddies with Daria Gavrilova should give you a hint, Dasha is nice but no mensa candidate.

Frank Gallagher

Diamond Encrusted Unobtainium Premium Member
Aug 26, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
As unqualified and untalented as they come. Can anybody explain what she's done in her life to reach the standing she currently has in the football landscape? What, her dad is the most well-known footy journalist of all time? Piss off.
Didn't you know, the kin of footy journo's are given an AFL approved twitter account at birth, there's no need for an education or hard work for them, especially if one of them lost their father.

After the fallout from her stating that the Pies AFLW coach was a goner, I decided to listen to Kate Sheahan’s segment on Whateley’s show yesterday.

The real standout bit was when Sheahan defended Mo Hope and complained about the hype on her and that she didn’t ask to be the face of the game. After a brief pause, Whateley diplomatically pointed out that she did participate in it by writing a book before the AFLW even started (he could’ve also mentioned that she was a major participant in the popular Australian Story TV show on the ABC). Immediately Sheahan backtracks and deflects to why there isn’t more attention on Darcy Vescio’s season this year.

I never watched her segments on Fox Footy last year but was she as bad as this?

Sheahan has her issues as a media commentator - She made the unforgiveable error ( she is Operations Manager for the upcoming Richmond AFLW team ) in stating that Collingwood's coach is on shaky ground - This is not on for a club official in a media role - RFC need to give Kate an ultimatum - You either work in footy operations or in the media.

CrazyJoeFevola

Setanta Ó hAilpín’s official bigfooty butler 2007
Apr 14, 2013
Gardiner Stand Can Bar
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Preston, WIndies, Armagh GAA
Got herself into an AFLW game solely off her name, a media job solely off her name (just like her pathetic brother actually), a job with an AFL club solely based off her name, and married someone she knew to be a rock spider and stuck with them. Someone who actually has played some decent footy and done some decent media work (Harford) should just ignore her.

Mar 19, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
Got herself into an AFLW game solely off her name, a media job solely off her name (just like her pathetic brother actually), a job with an AFL club solely based off her name, and married someone she knew to be a rock spider and stuck with them. Someone who actually has played some decent footy and done some decent media work (Harford) should just ignore her.

She was out of line on her Collingwood comments but the marriage accusations you make, I think, are total BS. Can you produce evidence?

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
Sheahan has her issues as a media commentator - She made the unforgiveable error ( she is Operations Manager for the upcoming Richmond AFLW team ) in stating that Collingwood's coach is on shaky ground - This is not on for a club official in a media role - RFC need to give Kate an ultimatum - You either work in footy operations or in the media.

Neil Balme can do it.

But Neil Balme isn't a ******* idiot.

She's a local tennis coach and it's showing, for me it's the worst case of nepotism in the AFL in the last 20 years. 10 minutes of an AFLW career has somehow transfigured into this.

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
Further to my last point, it's actually an absolute disgrace she has walked into the role she has at Richmond without any experience.

I know 3 AFLW head coaches personally, most of these guys have been coaching at girls high school level for in some cases over 10 years, when there was absolutely no support and their involvement was the backbone of the growth of the game at grass roots level for girls. It almost mimic'd a kick around competition with these guys organising everything.

The footy ops at most of the AFLW clubs have been involved at VWFL level for years, before the inception of VFLW. Actually putting into the game at grass roots level, I see there ascension to these roles as reward for grafting for years at that level, with no recognition and tbh in most cases mock irrelevance from most of the local mens leagues that knew about them.

It makes me quite angry to think there are still a bunch of very knowledgeable sensational volunteers at the VFLW level that have been overlooked for someone like Kate Sheehan, a self proclaimed football expert because she got to sit at the dinner table with one of Melbournes best known journo's every night.

workhorse

Premiership Player
Nov 13, 2006
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
She was out of line on her Collingwood comments but the marriage accusations you make, I think, are total BS. Can you produce evidence?

I haven't read anywhere that explicitly confirms it, but Mark Fitzpatrick was a tennis coach jailed in 2012 for having a sexual relationship with a 14 y.o girl he was coaching during 2006/07. If you look at this article:

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/ne...416d9c52f?sv=2746c7ef63c50133551f4d8e237d36d7

It mentions: "His defence counsel submitted that he had now matured and was remarried with a young son."

Kate Sheehan happens to have a son, named Will Fitzpatrick, who was born in 2010...

mr bagcroft

Norm Smith Medallist
May 19, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Yeah first I have heard of that. Not cool at all.
Not sure of a mindset that glosses over something like that and marries it anyway.

workhorse

Premiership Player
Nov 13, 2006
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
From what I've read she married him before he got caught. And I've not seen anything to confirm that they're still together.

When I first heard about it I didn't believe it, but eventually found out what I had posted above. However, I haven't read anything further that indicates that she is still with him.

Kipz

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 5, 2008
Zor*n's tissue pile
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Gooners
Would rather be locked in a room with Caro. * she can dribble some pure s**t, heard her the other day describing someone in the AFLW as a "beautiful user of the ball". There may be a few half decent kicks, but a "beautiful user of the ball"? Thinks she is the voice of women's football and has a s**t eating grin like her old man. Would rather be locked in a bed with Caro.

mr bagcroft

Norm Smith Medallist
May 19, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Would rather be locked in a room with Caro. **** she can dribble some pure s**t, heard her the other day describing someone in the AFLW as a "beautiful user of the ball". There may be a few half decent kicks, but a "beautiful user of the ball"? Thinks she is the voice of women's football and has a s**t eating grin like her old man. Would rather be locked in a bed with Caro.
lol. If Caro lets you through the door first champ.

Pykie

Cancelled
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
... and now her brother Tony weighs in on Twitter...

A lightning premiership with a Balwyn U/10's side now qualifies you for a footy opps positon.

FMD.

AussieHool

Senior List
Nov 4, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton

When I queried her brother about it on Twitter I got no response and was blocked. If it's true that there's nothing in it, why wouldn't he say that instead?

Make no mistake about it, if it was an AFL player's sister who'd married a sex offender it would be front and back page of the Herald-Sun. Mike Sheahan still has plenty of pull, most people have little time for hypocrites and nepotists.

When I first heard about it I didn't believe it, but eventually found out what I had posted above. However, I haven't read anything further that indicates that she is still with him.
Given he was sentenced in 2012 for six years with a minimum 3.5 non-parole...he would only barely be out.

Just trawling through her Instagram, there's nothing specific in there, and she lives with Daria Gavrilova.

I doubt he's in her life anymore. Still says a lot about her judgement.

Back