2018 Ruckman rankings

Who’s the best Ruckman of 2018

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Voted NN for the lols but i doubt he will be that great returning form a from an ACL and more than a year away from competitive footy. Not expecting vintage till at least the back end of the season.

Hickey is a truly terrible footballer. No use being an ok ruckman if you are an absolute liability in the rest of your game

He’s actually one of the better round the ground ruckman. Rather mobile and has reasonable foot skills and can take a contested mark. Would be starting ruck at a few clubs including the WB.

Goldy's back, baby (I hope)

Goldstein admits he was mentally “exhausted” with his separation from his wife and subsequent discussion surrounding their children taking its toll on him, and as a direct correlation, his football.

He even considered giving away the game for good.

“It was about the desire, really,” Goldstein said.

“To be honest, I didn’t want to be here, and that’s not really about the footy club or a North Melbourne thing. I just didn’t want to be playing.
“As much as you don’t want to, and I feel like I could have probably turned stuff around away from it, but it was also probably a realisation how low I had fallen and how low I was feeling mentally.

“That was probably the catalyst to help me go back and start seeing someone again (for mental help) and start trying to sort out what was going on mentally and how to fix that.”

In the final month of the season the arrangements with his children were resolved and Goldstein played arguably his best football of the year, back in the AFL.

An off-season break proved hugely beneficial too.

“I’m a different person now, and I think the people closest to me would agree,” Goldstein added.

“I’ve had a really good break and was able to get out of Australia and it was nice to not think about footy.

“I was able to do some training because you worry about skinfolds going through Switzerland eating cheese and chocolate, but I had a really good base before I went over.

“I know that I have still got my best footy ahead of me.”

Now Goldstein is keen to re-assert himself around Arden Street.
http://www.nmfc.com.au/news/2018-02-19/goldsteins-turning-point

How is Stefan Martin disregarded here? He could have 5+ years in him based on when he started the AFL and his durability. And hes no slouch on stats and influence.

He was 4th on Hitouts in 2017, behind Jacobs, Ryder and Mumford on 770. Averaged 17 disposals and 35 hitouts a game and 5 clearances. Comparatively:

Jacobs went 14.4 touches, 40 hitouts and 3 clearances
Ryder went 12.6 touches, 38 hitouts and 4 clearances
Mumford was 10.4 touches, 38 hitouts and 3.1 clearances.

How is Stefan Martin disregarded here? He could have 5+ years in him based on when he started the AFL and his durability. And hes no slouch on stats and influence.

He was 4th on Hitouts in 2017, behind Jacobs, Ryder and Mumford on 770. Averaged 17 disposals and 35 hitouts a game and 5 clearances. Comparatively:

Jacobs went 14.4 touches, 40 hitouts and 3 clearances
Ryder went 12.6 touches, 38 hitouts and 4 clearances
Mumford was 10.4 touches, 38 hitouts and 3.1 clearances.
So much so that he's not even a poll option.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

top 5 in 2018

1. Gawn
2. Ryder
3. Stef Martin
4. Kreuzer
5. McEvoy

* would have Natanui in there but coming off a knee reco and reports of a bone on bone knee injury worries me

Yes it does because they have proven themself on the biggest stage. Hickey has struggled to fire a shot in any game of significance. Like many of his teamates.

Yep Tom Campbell and English have been huge yes your right.

Never said he was great but he is better than Campbell.
Nah. Campbell is better forward. Around the same in the ruck.

Well no, given premiership ruckman Jordan Roughead is superior to both

Hickey is trash mate. Only you think otherwise

Roughead is not really a ruckman I like him as a player but he's not a starting ruckman.

Roughead is not really a ruckman I like him as a player but he's not a starting ruckman.

I know you’ve finally been banned so can’t reply but I’d have loved to hear you justify why Roughead isn’t a ruckman.

Unless you are Brendan McCartney and think he’s a defender

No he's not if he was he'd be starting ruck every game for the last three seasons.
Nope. Roughead is a better player, as is Boyd. Please don't get offended Finger man.

Back