Media Random Musings From The Desk Of The Admin (Season 25)

Remove this Banner Ad

22/02/2018

Hey gang,

We're almost a month into the season and the Royals are playing the Hawks so I thought why not bump this thread to remind Noobz0r that he sold the rights to this desk for 10 likes. Also I had promised I would try to make some periodic posts about the state of the league and have an open discussion so people can bounce around ideas that they think will add to the league. Overall I think the pre-season and the first month of S25 has been unbelievably positive. Everything from pre-season recruitment tours, to the Heritage Round Qooty Carnival, to the level of involvement and engagement in the league has been first class. You know things are going smoothly when not even Frankston Rover is complaining (yet). ;)

There's a lot of great things to take out of the first month, firstly it's shaping up to be a very strong rookie class - off the top of my head GotTheGoodes has really taken to the league, U2tigers has also been a very active contributor, BLERN from the Warriors is looking quite promising and I've heard some good things about the Gumbies and Hawks crops so looking forward to coming across more S25 rookies in the coming weeks. Hopefully, you'll all kick on and make it a very open EKA race this season.

Opening the season with the Heritage Round Qooty Carnival proved a resounding success celebrating the league's history, working with numerous people on jumper designs, commentary for all star games and generating a lot of excitement for the season launch with an interactive event. To put the cherry on top the thread saw the return of numerous league veterans who haven't been seen for years on here. The Half Back even decided to return on a regular basis. I hope to see many more projects in the media to celebrate what is a very significant milestone for the Sweet FA.

Speaking of media, it has drastically improved from last season so far this year with players new and old getting involved in making actual on topic media. I'm very excited to see the return of Qox Sports, Dingster's doing a fine job with the rising star so far, Elton Johns Wig's Melt of the Year thread looks fun, I'm liking RedVest4's work this season in particular his donuts thread and one-club players list and congrats to Headless on his upcoming 295th game. It's great to see quality media return and the league for the most part move on from banal troll threads.

I think the return of the tribunal has also been reasonably fruitful despite a certain former admin not being a fan. The first case that saw Golumless and SM sentenced to a week of wearing dunce hat Gumby avatars provided entertainment during the week for both the Dragons and Gumbies in the match thread. I think handling minor errors in a light hearted manner encapsulates what the spirit of what this place is about and that's taking the piss, having a laugh and not taking yourself too seriously. The second case whereby JoshWoodenSpoon and AngryRanga exercised their right to appeal a penalty made for some humorous, interesting and constructive discussion in the hearing and as a result a number of ambiguous phrasings were found within the rules which we were then able to correct for the future. So given the results so far, I'm very happy with what the tribunal has added to date.

As for discussions that have occurred in the committee room, not too much significant talk has happened. I did decide with the agreement of the majority of committee members to have 3121 premiers one game ban reduced to a suspended sentence in order to reward self reporting and honesty, and made a decision to clarify the handling of delisted players that I don't deem to be delisted free agents. Those were the only significant topics in the commitee room, your captains can fill you in on the rest if you're interested in it.

In terms of upcoming events, I'm hoping to organise some interviews to be done with league Hall of Famers in the next month because it's a milestone season and also it would provide a good lead up to this season's Hall of Fame induction. I believe Wise Guy Sam has asked a fair bit about this and I'll address the topic, but strategically dodge it by making my answer 'I'll address it later'. I think I'll begin discussions about nominations with the committee after the half way point of this season, short listing a couple weeks later and the actual presentation in the latter part of the H&A season for HoF.

In the meantime though, there's not any other significant projects in the works so feel free to bounce some ideas around if you think you've got something that could make the league more fun. This is probably the best time for it before I and the committee get to work on other things once awards are around the corner. I'd be interested to know how everyone is finding the first month of Season 25.

Tl;dr the season is going great, well done me and other people, any questions?

Amazing when you get a half competent Admin how few complaints there are.

We haven't had one for a while. It makes a nice change.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the return of the tribunal has also been reasonably fruitful despite a certain former admin not being a fan.
I think it's utter tosh, but no skin off my nose, I just ignore it.

But if that's the worst of got to sook about....you're doing a great job Clod_, thank you.

Amazing when you get a half competent Admin how few complaints there are.

We haven't had one for a while. It makes a nice change.

Everyone’s scared of his ban hammer

We didn’t have this issue with Hate and The Filth Wizard is well known for being a nice mod.

Cloud_ on the other hand is one scary dude :eek: :p

We didn’t have this issue with Hate and The Filth Wizard is well known for being a nice mod.

Hell yeah, I was the nicest admin there was.

936e3d6a6b49b0d3afe7ce5fe86f97a5d7217909b36af6c1ebcc8e15a4d614cb.jpg

The Admin needs to be an impartial hard arse who makes decisions and sticks to them regardless.

I'm guessing the 'former Admin' who doesn't like the tribunal system was either Hate or Filthy - Clod stuck to his guns and kept it. Good on him.

The league needs a leader not someone out to make friends and faff around.

Have you been busy?

Yeah, been posting up a storm. It's amazing considering I'm never here and 'go missing'...

The Admin needs to be an impartial hard arse who makes decisions and sticks to them regardless.

I'm guessing the 'former Admin' who doesn't like the tribunal system was either Hate or Filthy - Clod stuck to his guns and kept it. Good on him.

The league needs a leader not someone out to make friends and faff around.

Yeah, been posting up a storm. It's amazing considering I'm never here and 'go missing'...
Congrats on making it to week 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Back